PDA

View Full Version : I want my MacPhone!

MrFirework
Dec 29, 2006, 10:32 AM
I have all my money saved up. I want my MacPhone now. Even with out a sign-a-contract discount, I'm ready to pay for it. Please, Apple, give me what I want.

... the longer I sit here with this cash, the better the 5.5g iPod looks compared to my 4g... hurry up, Apple!

MWSF, anyone?

psychofreak
Dec 29, 2006, 10:36 AM
I've heard from super-duperly-insider peeps that the i'MnotmadebyCiscoPhone is coming out at MWSF. It will be free, with free calls, forever!

MrFirework
Dec 29, 2006, 10:39 AM
I've heard from super-duperly-insider peeps that the i'MnotmadebyCiscoPhone is coming out at MWSF. It will be free, with free calls, forever!

Awesome! The freakin' rocks

Does it also come with a sarcasm filter?

lexus
Dec 29, 2006, 10:40 AM
Please stop posting threads like this they are really annoying.

MrFirework
Dec 29, 2006, 10:46 AM
Please stop posting threads like this they are really annoying.

Uhhhh... how many threads like this have I started, exactly?

Feel free to look at my profile to find out.

psychofreak
Dec 29, 2006, 10:56 AM

Maybe a bit harsh, but lexus was right (I just didn't want to say it), I mean, the point of this forum is to help people enjoy macs and apple products more, and for odd interests (e.g. 'Post your dock'). What were you hoping to get as a response?

I replied as I'm sure that others will enjoy my amazing sense of humour (which, as well as modesty, is one of my many many virtues).

MrFirework
Dec 29, 2006, 11:02 AM
Maybe a bit harsh, but lexus was right (I just didn't want to say it), I mean, the point of this forum is to help people enjoy macs and apple products more, and for odd interests (e.g. 'Post your dock'). What were you hoping to get as a response?

I replied as I'm sure that others will enjoy my amazing sense of humour (which, as well as modesty, is one of my many many virtues).

Well, as I noted, I don't start a bunch of threads "like this", but I know that in person, a friend and I might discuss if we're excited about a new product, if we're willing to pay the full price for it, rather than hold out for a new contract with a cerrier for a discount, if we think the price tag is too high - based on the info from rumors... and on and on and on.

What was I hoping for as a response? Friendly discussion, not snotty punk answers.

jnagel
Dec 29, 2006, 05:46 PM
when someone says 'stop making these kind of threads' they aren't necessarily saying that you made them all. it means there are 10000000000000000000 of them already, and you don't need to make another one.

you could just reply to one of the threads that has already been started if you want to talk about it

nospleen
Dec 29, 2006, 06:14 PM
Yikes, everyone play nice. Not a very nice way to welcome someone. Move along if you are not interested.

Encanto
Dec 29, 2006, 09:55 PM
Yikes, everyone play nice. Not a very nice way to welcome someone. Move along if you are not interested.

I agree. :)

fishkorp
Dec 29, 2006, 10:42 PM
I just made my own MacPhone :p I have a Moto SLVR, bought a silver housing for it (looks aluminum enough, lol) then installed a Mac OSX theme on it so it looks like it's pretty much an Apple phone. Works for me.

SkyBell
Dec 29, 2006, 10:46 PM
I just made my own MacPhone :p I have a Moto SLVR, bought a silver housing for it (looks aluminum enough, lol) then installed a Mac OSX theme on it so it looks like it's pretty much an Apple phone. Works for me.

Where di you get this theme?

Quboid
Dec 29, 2006, 10:53 PM
when someone says 'stop making these kind of threads' they aren't necessarily saying that you made them all. it means there are 10000000000000000000 of them already, and you don't need to make another one.

you could just reply to one of the threads that has already been started if you want to talk about it

Give the guy a break.

Can i have a link to the purpose of the forum from someone that know alot more than me.

Also i have seen alot of pointless(to me) post turn into huge, juicy , (pretty nice) discussions.

I would also like to know the point of "the picture of the day" or "December desktops" posts. not that i have a problem with it, i like them.

C'mon, the OP didn't deserve that fire.

MattyMac
Dec 29, 2006, 10:55 PM
I'm with you. I can't wait for the MacPhone either!

Go on with your thread:D

EDIT: MacPhone does have a nice ring to it...doesn't it!?

Quboid
Dec 29, 2006, 11:02 PM
EDIT: MacPhone does have a nice ring to it...doesn't it!?

It actually does.

buffalo
Dec 29, 2006, 11:02 PM
you can give the OP points for not calling it an iPhone

MattyMac
Dec 29, 2006, 11:06 PM
you can give the OP points for not calling it an iPhone
True!

...and MacPhone not only sounds good...but also looks good in print!

dllavaneras
Dec 29, 2006, 11:08 PM
I would also like to know the point of "the picture of the day" or "December desktops" posts. not that i have a problem with it, i like them.

C'mon, the OP didn't deserve that fire.

I agree, if you don't agree with a thread, simply don't post there :)
And yes, I'd love an Apple phone to replace my current phone

BrianMojo
Dec 29, 2006, 11:09 PM
True!

...and MacPhone not only sounds good...but also looks good in print!

Hmmmm... MacTV?

IDANNY
Dec 29, 2006, 11:18 PM
Im am in the same boat with you returning my win-blows phone which I hated. I just started using my old sony ericcson until macworld, after that I am getting me an other phone haha even if its not a macphone if it comes out for shore if not then o well i'll get something else.

needthephone
Dec 30, 2006, 05:59 AM
I was a big fan of a phone but when out in Sydney over the holidays the number of people using ipods (shuffles and nanos mostly) has made me think that maybe the music phone won't take over the job of the ipod (ie a dedicated music player) after all. Haven't seen any music phones being used.

Music is so personal and represents somones life in alot of ways. The phone on the other hand is a utiliterian, disposable, on the whole unreliable functional device and I now am starting to think people will want to keep music and their phone seperate. people realy do love their ipods, they don't feel the same way about a phone.

AppleIntelRock
Dec 31, 2006, 12:08 AM

It doesn't matter if you started them. There isn't one person hear who wouldn't be interested in an iPhone. If everyone posted a thread each time they wanted something, the Forum would get out of hand.