PDA

View Full Version : iPod Video turn off issue

bill4588
Dec 29, 2006, 12:06 PM
Sometimes (about 1/10th of the time) my iPod won't turn off when I hold the Play/Pause button, and the only way to turn it off is to go to a different menu and then press it again. I've reset the ipod twice and it still happens. Is this normal? I also have another question. Scrolling through menu's is choppy and it sometimes takes 3-4 seconds for the song info and album art to come up before it plays. And sometimes, everything is displayed on the screen but it takes a few seconds for the song to even start playing. I know the video ipod uses a HD so it may take longer load than the nano's flash memory, but is it supposed to be this slow?

Warbrain
Dec 29, 2006, 12:09 PM
Sometimes (about 1/10th of the time) my iPod won't turn off when I hold the Play/Pause button, and the only way to turn it off is to go to a different menu and then press it again. I've reset the ipod twice and it still happens. Is this normal? I also have another question. Scrolling through menu's is choppy and it sometimes takes 3-4 seconds for the song info and album art to come up before it plays. And sometimes, everything is displayed on the screen but it takes a few seconds for the song to even start playing. I know the video ipod uses a HD so it may take longer load than the nano's flash memory, but is it supposed to be this slow?

As for the loading times you have, I can only assume that it's because of the HDD having to load the files it needs to display artist information, album art, and other information. 3-4 seconds seems about right for that information to pop up.

As for the play/pause issue, it might just be that you're hitting it at an odd angle. I know that on some iPods there's a specific spot you need to hold in order to get it to sleep.

bill4588
Dec 29, 2006, 01:59 PM
thanks warbrain :)

p0intblank
Dec 29, 2006, 02:35 PM
All three 5G iPods in our house do the same thing, as well. It's not a big deal... but it does get a little annoying when you're in a rush to shut it off (rare occassion).