PDA

View Full Version : Devil Wears Prada - DVD Rip Error

HelixOmnimedia
Dec 30, 2006, 03:53 AM
Hello,

Let me explain my situation.
I'm home for the holidays, I return to college in a week and I want to put some more movies onto my PowerBook (they're stored in iTunes).

However I've come across a few problems...

I can't seem to rip The Devil Wears Prada, Pulse, Accepted or Lost S2.

I've already ripped twelve R1 DVDs before (with HandBrake) without a problem. But with Devil Wears Prada (and the others) in HandBrake says "no valid title" after it has been scanned.

My friend told me about MacTheRipper. The 2.6??? Version brings error messages about Bad Sectors. So I donated some money to get the newer in-development version, but the same thing happed. The error this time is an "IFO Error"? (i have no idea what that is). This happens to all the DVDs mentioned.

I even used my Windows computer :eek: and still nothing.

All the DVDs tried today are R1, and my drive is set to R2 - THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM RIGHT THERE, and I don't want to use any of my changes.
I use my laptop for playing DVDs a lot while I'm at college/away from home.
But I think thats what the problem is. I just can't figure out why others like Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls and Supernatural (all of which are R1) copied without any problems.

Any ideas? Even if i just get Devil Wears Prada into iTunes I'll be fine, I'll catch up with Lost on TV.

THANKS for any help.