Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2003
Hi,

I realize this is longshot, but I'm trying to set up a Trendnet TEW-432BRP wireless router and it includes no Mac instructions and the tech support people aren't returning my calls. If anyone else has this router and has managed to set it up I would appreciate your help. I managed to get to the online settings screen using Internet Explorer, but it seems to be stuck at the "detecting WAN connection" phase.

thanks in advance

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I just set one up, but on a windows pc. The "wizard" for windows is just a poorly implemented feature of what you can configure by going to 192.168.1.1 in your browser. What I find unusual about the trendnet setup is that the wizard gives no option for setting WPA or WEP, when the router is fully WPA compliant.

Make sure your cables are in the right places, and make sure the router is set to distribute IP addresses via DHCP, and configure airport to receive likewise. My ibook G4 worked just fine with the trendnet router.

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2003
I just set one up, but on a windows pc. The "wizard" for windows is just a poorly implemented feature of what you can configure by going to 192.168.1.1 in your browser. What I find unusual about the trendnet setup is that the wizard gives no option for setting WPA or WEP, when the router is fully WPA compliant.

Make sure your cables are in the right places, and make sure the router is set to distribute IP addresses via DHCP, and configure airport to receive likewise. My ibook G4 worked just fine with the trendnet router.
yeah, I went to that site in my browser, and I started using the setup wizard, but it gets stuck at the "detecting WAN connection" step & won't move past that.

madsci

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2007
I bought a Trendnet TEW-432BRP wireless router today, and after two hours I think I have it working. I had to call the tech support (urgh!) and they sent me an email. I will copy it here and hope it helps. Good luck!

Dear TrendNet customer.

Please follow these instructions to configure your TEW-432BRP, with a DHCP connection.

1) Please, check, all physical connections. The High speed modem should be connected to the WAN port of the TEW-432BRP and your main computer to port 1, 2, 3 or 4.
2) Power up the TEW-432BRP
3) Verify lights on the router. Necessary lights Power or System / WLAN / WAN / Port (corresponding to main PC)
4) Open Internet Explorer. Type 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar. (Note: Internet Explorer is also used as a configuration tool, no internet access is required)
5) A log-in prompt will appear. Please fill in admin for USER and admin for PASSWORD
6) You will now see a configuration page and most likely a smaller wizard page. Please close the smaller wizard page.
7) In the configuration page you will see a series of buttons (MAIN, WIRELESS, STATUS, etc) on the left hand side. Click on Main.
8) In the main page you will see the following options:
a) LAN & DHCP Server
b) WAN
c) Password
d) Time
9) Please select WAN. Next to Connection type you will see a dropdown. Please select DHCP client or Fixed IP. Once this is done, you will be able to see a button on the bottom of this page that reads Clone MAC Address. Please press this button and press on APPLY.
10) You will see a screen saying “The device is restarting” after 20 seconds click on BACK.
11) You will be returned to the WAN screen.
12) Now select the option LAN & DHCP Server. Please change the IP address field from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.8.1. Complete the Start IP field with 192.168.8.100 and the End IP field with 192.168.8.199.
13) Verify that the DHCP Server field shows enabled.
14) Press on APPLY.
15) You will see a screen saying “The device is restarting” after 20 seconds click on BACK.
16) You will NOT be returned to the previous page. (Note: at this point the router log-in page will change to 192.168.8.1)
17) Close the Internet Explore and power down both Modem and Router.
18) Power Modem and Router sequentially. Make sure that your Modem is fully powered before you apply power to your Router.
19) Once both devices are fully powered before opening your Internet Explorer. At this time internet access should be available.
20) Congratulations!!! Your router is now configured to work with you ISP.

If you have any further question please feel free to contact our 24/7 Technical support at 1-866-845-3673.

Best Regards and thank you for contacting TrendNet technical support.

sinthu

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
Works! :)

Yes, the following steps do indeed work to setup your TRENDNET with a Mac.

I had previously tried to install the CD the router came with and it was not compatible. Thus, I set it up on my PC and used the wireless that way on both my mac computers. Only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't set up a password for my wireless.

If you call the number provided above, they do in fact take you through all the steps. I called them and they helped me set up my wireless flawlessly. I'm happy :D

humanekt

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
TRENDnet TEW-631BRP

Just got mine today. It could not have been simpler to set up. Simply connected the router to my DSL modem, connected my MacBook to the DSL modem, connected the power to the router, and that was it. Every airport equipped Mac in my house is now online wirelessly. Not one snag. :)

cellomeister

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
Hi everyone! Just got in because of that freaking wireless router problem.
I've got mine up and running just fine but I couldn't get to the wireless router set up. In other words, my connection appears open to everyone. Dialed that adress on firefox and nothing happened.
Am I doing anything wrong?

caryncbreeef

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Need help with setting up password protection on trendnet

Have the same trendnet everyone here is talking about. it works fine, although the strength of the signal is lame. guess that is a 2nd question, how to boost the power. but where can I go on my system to setup a password protection on it? OR how can I get to the utilities for the trendnet router? Thanks all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.