PDA

View Full Version : trading iPod

notwist
Dec 31, 2006, 12:44 AM
Hi,
I just recently ordered a new 80gig iPod to replace my old 40gig iPod photo that was unfortunately stolen a while ago. Having just received it, I am questioning the actual need for all 80gigs. I was wondering, do you think it would be possible for me to just walk into an Apple store and trade it in for a different model perhaps a 30gig model?

Thanks!

todd2000
Dec 31, 2006, 01:16 AM
Hi,
I just recently ordered a new 80gig iPod to replace my old 40gig iPod photo that was unfortunately stolen a while ago. Having just received it, I am questioning the actual need for all 80gigs. I was wondering, do you think it would be possible for me to just walk into an Apple store and trade it in for a different model perhaps a 30gig model?

Thanks!

If you ordered it from Apple.com you should be able to exchange it at an Apple store without a problem. If not you'll have to return it to wherever you ordered it from and but another one.

GreeneGirl7
Dec 31, 2006, 07:34 AM
If you ordered it from Apple.com you should be able to exchange it at an Apple store without a problem. If not you'll have to return it to wherever you ordered it from and but another one.

That is if it's unopened still. Opened, Apple will charge a 15% (or maybe more now) restocking fee and require an original receipt. And it has to be within a certain number of days, 30 I believe. Best way to find out is to call your local Apple store and if the person who answers isn't very helpful just politely ask to speak to a store manager.

GreeneGirl7
Dec 31, 2006, 07:35 AM
Hi,

Thanks!

Oh, something to keep in mind is that the 80GB has a much better battery life than the 30 GB - 20 hours music instead of just 14 and 6.5 hours video instead of just 3.5.

pianoman
Dec 31, 2006, 08:55 AM
i think the restocking fee is fixed at 10% of the item's original cost to you (i.e., if you paid with a student discount, you wouldn't pay 10% of the original price, you'd pay 10% of the price after the student discount).