Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CommonMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Midwest
I got an 80gb video i-Pod. I added songs by connecting it to my i-Mac which has i-Tunes on it. I just looked at settings/about and noticed that "songs" shows 1558 songs (which makes sense because of the number of songs I have in my i-tunes library). However, "Videos" also show 1558. Why? I only have maybe 1 or 2 videos on my computer and those have not been put on my i-Pod.
When I look under the sub-categories of "videos" like movies and music videos , I see the names of songs - the same songs that I loaded using i-Tunes.
What gives? I have not gotten around to figuring out how to load videos or photos on the i-Pod since I just got this thing a few days ago. Happy New Year all of you in Roma, Paris, Asia, Australia, etc.

BrittneyLauren

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2006
i am having the same problem except i have a 30 gb video ipod. i had about 100 videos and about 200 songs on my ipod...
i went to go watch a video and instead of playing the video it came up as if i was playing a music file....i could hear it but i couldnt see the video at all. then i went to my about ipod thing as well as u did...and i had the same amount of audio files as i did my video files. but i KNOW for a fact that i have 2oo songs and about 100 videos and it didnt come up as that. i am trying to figure out why it is doing this and when i find out i will let u know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.