PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Availability

Fearless Leader
Jan 1, 2007, 10:28 AM
I walked into my best buy yesterday to buy a graphics card and on my way to the back of the store I saw 27 60gb PS3's and 12 of the cheaper ones. Is this a common sight?

Bobdude161
Jan 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
I walked into my best buy yesterday to buy a graphics card and on my way to the back of the store I saw 27 60gb PS3's and 12 of the cheaper ones. Is this a common sight?

Yes, they were advertised in the Sunday ad. That Sunday morning we had 10 of them (I think) and there were 8 people outside before opening. When we opened our doors everyone asked "Do you have any Wiis?" We said no but told them we had PS3s. They quickly turned around and went back home. NO ONE was in line for the PS3 and we didn't sell the first one till an hour after opening. We still have about 4 left as of this morning.

greatdevourer
Jan 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
From what I can gather, yes (except for 2nyriggz reports of there being nothing in the NY area, which, considering population density, I can understand)

Fearless Leader
Jan 1, 2007, 10:37 AM
yah i didn't even care about the ps3. If their were some more good games made, i might buy one. Too many good games for the 360. Also at my store 4 people lined up one bought a ps3 and the others tried to get wii's but our shipment came in two days.

count chocula
Jan 1, 2007, 10:46 AM
They're all over the place. When i went to best buy yesterday, i asked if they had any wii's. The guy said "no, but we've got plenty of ps3's" and laughed. They've had them nearly every other place i've gone looking for a wii, too.

kjr39
Jan 1, 2007, 11:04 AM
I went to 4 places yesterday looking for a Wii for my 70 year old parents. (Yes, you read that right.)

No Wiis, but PS3s at two places just sitting there with no one caring.

Dagless
Jan 1, 2007, 11:40 AM
dat is funny der is no PS3 machines ere! they must be thatd good!

:) March. haha. Whilst everyone in America and Japan played (or not (http://gigagamez.com/2006/12/22/ps3s-being-traded-for-wiis/)) their PS3's over Christmas, New Years and the likes... We get ours for Easter.

Easter.

MacRumorUser
Jan 1, 2007, 11:55 AM
I went to 4 places yesterday looking for a Wii for my 70 year old parents. (Yes, you read that right.)

I believe you. I've was playing Wii with relatives yesterday both of who are a shade near 60, and they loved wii sports so much theyve decided to buy one.

These are people who have no interest in gaming, and are still planning on buying one.

Chone
Jan 1, 2007, 11:56 AM
dat is funny der is no PS3 machines ere! they must be thatd good!

:) March. haha. Whilst everyone in America and Japan played (or not (http://gigagamez.com/2006/12/22/ps3s-being-traded-for-wiis/)) their PS3's over Christmas, New Years and the likes... We get ours for Easter.

Easter.

Look at the brightside, its not like there is anything worth playing right now, sure there is Resistance but I bet Gears of War is way more fun anyways. Apart from that, there is nothing, by the time the PS3 hits Europe, it will be a much more desireable item as it will have more killer apps.

Mac'Mo
Jan 1, 2007, 12:31 PM
My bro walked into an ebgames randomly and walked out with a PS3

greatdevourer
Jan 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
I believe you. I've was playing Wii with relatives yesterday both of who are a shade near 60, and they loved wii sports so much theyve decided to buy one.

These are people who have no interest in gaming, and are still planning on buying one. I'm being badgered by my 61yrold neighbour as to when I'm getting mine (he played his soon-to-be-son-in-law's over Christmas, and is too cheapskate to buy one himself :D)

MacRumorUser
Jan 1, 2007, 01:04 PM
by the time the PS3 hits Europe, it will be a much more desireable item as it will have more killer apps.

That's what I'm hoping for.

WarhHawk, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Motorstorm, Tekken 5, VF5, Resistance Fall of Man etc.

aaron.lee2006
Jan 1, 2007, 01:10 PM
Yah. I think they said they would become more plentiful after Christmas.

gkarris
Jan 1, 2007, 01:39 PM
They're all over the place. When i went to best buy yesterday, i asked if they had any wii's. The guy said "no, but we've got plenty of ps3's" and laughed. They've had them nearly every other place i've gone looking for a wii, too.

What city are you in? Around here in Chicago - nada...

A few arrived but are still being scooped up by people trying to resell them...

Doesn't matter - waiting patiently for my Wii Component cable....

ruutiveijari
Jan 1, 2007, 01:58 PM
A few arrived but are still being scooped up by people trying to resell them...
Not a good idea anymore:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3-grey-market/feature-the-decline-of-the-ps3-grey-market-224984.php

Dagless
Jan 1, 2007, 02:01 PM

These are people who have no interest in gaming, and are still planning on buying one.

It's people like you who stop me getting a Wii :p My grandad saw an advert for Twilight Princess and thought it was a Robin Hood game. I told him about it and a 79 year old man who still only uses a black and white TV said we should all have a play when we get ours.
At first I thought "yey this is good for Nintendo" but it simply means a huge lack of stock and I'm seeing negatives involved.

hcuar
Jan 2, 2007, 01:14 AM
I was totally shocked to still see PS3s at Best Buy and Target today. No one seemed to care that they were there. I guess what tickles me most is the PS3 scalpers that are losing money on eBay. :)

Fearless Leader
Jan 2, 2007, 02:30 AM
I was totally shocked to still see PS3s at Best Buy and Target today. No one seemed to care that they were there. I guess what tickles me most is the PS3 scalpers that are losing money on eBay. :)

thats exactly what went through my mind, until a big, i mean big and i dont call many big, Best buy sales person came by and said "no body wants 'em pieces o crap" he starts laughing and i join him.