Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torchie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I was planning on easing switching between OS X and Windows constantly by putting one in hibernate to move to the other and vice versa. The problem is, after waking up from hibernation in Windows, my MacBook's trackpad stops working; the button stops working, too. Is there any idea of what may be causing this?

(The only thing I've done related to the trackpad was use the Apple Mouse Utility for right clicking with Ctrl + Click.)

karmacoma

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2006
TrackPad Doesn't Work After Hibernating

I see the same thing.

This is my BIGGEST COMPLAINT with BootCamp. They haven't been able to get hibernation to work correctly with ANY VERSION!

I have hopes for 1.1.3 though.... ( although I'm not sure why :) )

Please keep me posted if you find any workarounds for the current track pad problem.

rgrisso

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2007
TrackPad Doesn't Work After Hibernating

I have the same problem. It's really, really frustrating.

I previously used 1.1 and Windows hibernate worked great (although sleep seemed to be problematic). I was really happy to hear the 1.1.2 included trackpad right-click and scrolling support, so I installed it shortly after it was released. Now, I can't use hibernate unless I am using an external mouse. Yuk.

When I get the chance, I'm going to reinstall 1.1 and see if that fixed the problem. I think hibernation is more important to me than trackpad right-click and scrolling. Hopefully, it will all just work in 1.1.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.