Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
....im thinking i didnt need to. I have the trial version installed which was meant to give way about 3 days ago but its still working. Granted i dont have all the features like coherence mode, USB 2.0 BUT for my usage, this is absolutely fine.

However i got a great deal on the software £35 im thinking why not just get a full version right?

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
It is supposed to expire. If yours didn't, I haven't a clue why.

It's spectacular software and its well worth the money. More information on coherence and other features are available on the Parallels forums. http://forum.parallels.com/

Those features are currently only included in the BETA builds. Use beta software at your own risk. The latest, beta 3, is running well on my iMac and Mac mini.

Jame

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2006
Pocola, Oklahoma
The latest version which is 3106 i think is running very well on my system. Each update seems to be better than the one before. Great stuff...

sixstorm

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2006
Nashville, TN
I'm probably going to purchase Parallels when Vista is released so I can test and get familiarized with the OS. I plan on installing Vista and a copy of a Linux distro (more than likely, Ubuntu) for workstation purposes.

I wonder how the performance is on Parallels vs a real install?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I wonder how the performance is on Parallels vs a real install?

very good generally. I just wish they did a parallel tools set for linux to offer linux distrubtions the same great features they have on xp. (coherence, drag & drop)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.