PDA

View Full Version : Am I going mad (new ipod problem?)

robocop2000
May 9, 2003, 07:58 AM
Just got my 15GB new ipod. Transferred my music among which was a small binaural piece, ( can be found at http://www.binaural.com/DEMOS/InvitationLoud.mp3 2.2mb)

Now when I play it itís great, but if you skip back to the beginning and play it through again the sides swap. First time when she says, "put you headphones on" it's in the left ear, and next time it's in the right. This mostly happens if you skip back just after she says "close your eyes"

I even resorted to placing objects on my appropriate side each time I played it to prove that it wasn't me going mad.

Has anyone else noticed this madness, the L and R channels switching?

P.S. Haven't tried it out with any other songs yet.

***Just been reading around and apperantly I'm not the only one to notice this, at least I'm not going mad!***

TEG
May 9, 2003, 08:16 AM
I've has a similar problem with "Bump, Bump, Bump" by B2k on my TiBook, when iTunes repeats, a sound effect switches from one channel to another. The same song does it on the radio, at first I thought it was the two different stations I had been listening, but then I heard it both ways on the same station, and it freeked me out. What do we have now, smart(alec) music?

TEG

zarathustra
May 9, 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by TEG
I've has a similar problem with "Bump, Bump, Bump" by B2k on my TiBook, when iTunes repeats, a sound effect switches from one channel to another. The same song does it on the radio, at first I thought it was the two different stations I had been listening, but then I heard it both ways on the same station, and it freeked me out. What do we have now, smart(alec) music?

TEG

I analyzed your problem and I think I know what your problem is: you are playing B2K on a TiBook. At last check boybands and "too poppy" bands caused the OS to freak. :)

PHARAOHk
May 9, 2003, 09:51 AM
maybe you should write to apple so they can fix it. I have a list of ideas that I will provide as feedback.
(((k)))

iJon
May 9, 2003, 10:05 AM
yeah new ipods have been kind of goofy. mine tends to stop from time to time, the buttons just dont work. like a little freeze up. cant say ive see nthe audio channels swithc back and forth, but ill be on the lookout. i expect apple to release a update to the new ipod os to fix minor bugs people have complained about.

iJon