Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
A Google Finance discussion contributor has claimed that an airport shipping company worker/friend of his noted an abundance of security guards monitoring two containers that had just arrived from taiwan. The alleged destination is Apple Computer.

Of course there's no solid evidence, but one might think that if it was an attempt to gain false attention, it would've been bragged about to the rumor sites.

Any thoughts?

-Clive

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Maybe with all the renewed publicity about the popularity of Apple products they are more concerned about getting jacked?

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
Probably iTVs and 8-core Mac pros.

I could see TelePort (iTV) but are Mac Pros produced in Taiwan? Plus, I don't think you'd be able to fit that many into a freight container... a few thousand? Two crates of TelePorts would maintain supply for a while.

...buuuuuuuuuuuuuut......

Dare I escapade and say iPod+Phone?

-Clive

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Well, I was thinking just demo units for MWSF. They wouldn't go to those lengths for a regular shipment. Of course, even if they ship right after the keynote, store will probably be getting them in that morning, meaning the big shipment probably came over a day or two at most before that.

w00tmaster

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2004
Damn

I was hoping this thread would be about hot Taiwanese women with ghetto bootys.....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I was hoping this thread would be about hot Taiwanese women with ghetto bootys.....

Me too. God, I love a good ass. :(

mel_and_baby_donkey.jpg

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Steve's wardrobe just arrived - one crate is black turtleneck jumpers, the other is blue jeans. Once again they forgot the crate with his belts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.