PDA

View Full Version : Finding Missing or Correcting Wrong Album Art

Cromulent
Jan 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
First of all I have the Amazon.com album artwork widget installed but sometimes neither that nor iTunes Store has the correct album artwork. Is there someway in which I can add my own, or even create it from a scan of the album cover?

Also how do you delete non iTunes store Album art? I assume you need to do it manually through the Album Artwork directory but have no clue as to how to go about doing this.

Any help appreciated :).

Cinematographer
Jan 4, 2007, 04:01 PM
Is there someway in which I can add my own, or even create it from a scan of the album cover?

Select an album, drag any picture in the lower left corner where it says "CD Cover" or something similar. Or select some songs, press CMD-I and paste a picture in the space for the album cover there.

Also how do you delete non iTunes store Album art?.

Same place: CMD-I, select the CD Cover & delete it.

It's always that easy on a Mac.

Cromulent
Jan 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
Select an album, drag any picture in the lower left corner where it says "CD Cover" or something similar. Or select some songs, press CMD-I and paste a picture in the space for the album cover there.

Ah but is there a specific image size or image format needed for scanned images to be added to the iTunes cover art catalogue? Or are they automatically resized?

Edit : Found the answer to my own question. Thanks :).

Cinematographer
Jan 4, 2007, 04:58 PM
Although you found the answer ... :)

I'd go for 600x600 pixles. That's what you get when you buy a song in the iTMS.

Thomas421
Jan 5, 2007, 11:02 AM
quick question:

is there a way to create a smart playlist to collect al albumart missing songs?

I've got quite a large collection (15000 items or so) and I've got them almost all.. except some songs are albumartless.. and it's a lot of work to scroll trough 15000 items :)

Cinematographer
Jan 5, 2007, 11:11 AM
quick question:

is there a way to create a smart playlist to collect al albumart missing songs?

Yet I haven't found one either.

teitoku
Aug 17, 2007, 01:32 AM
Apparently it's not always so easy on a mac...or pc...or whatever you've got, because they all have the same software available.