PDA

View Full Version : Reason 2.5


WinterMute
May 10, 2003, 05:53 AM
propellorheads have released an upgrade for the Reason soft-synth suite, it's on a free download for registered users, and includes 4 new FX modules including an advanced reverb unit.

http://www.propellerheads.se/

macmax
May 10, 2003, 10:45 PM
yes but i have 2.0 and no matter how i try it won't take the license number and let me download, wierd

WinterMute
May 11, 2003, 07:24 AM
yeah, I'm running 2 as well, it came down first time and installed without a hitch, I take it you registered the package originally.

industry00
May 11, 2003, 02:33 PM
I downloaded the 2.5 update just fine. It is not asking for your old serial number to download it. If you REGISTERED 2.0 then you made up a user name and user password during that process. This is the things you need to be able to download 2.5, if you don't remember your passwords and stuff then just e-mail them. But, it is def. worth getting...the new scream and reverb unit is killer sounding. I was so impressed and inspired by the new tools that I was up all night and finished 2 whole new tracks for my new project. Now all I am waiting on is for propellerheads to include vst or audio unit plug-ins and have a recording input in the app and it would be just darn near perfect.

WinterMute
May 11, 2003, 05:09 PM
I run it from Logic 6 now, over ReWire, I bring a stereo pair in from the Reason mixer so I can keep that Reason sound as much as possible. I'm not a big fan of the Reason sequencer, and Logic is the best MIDI/recording platform there is IMO.

Having the ability to lay audio against the Reason backbeat and then add VST and AU plugins as well is excellent.

I doubt we'll see recording into Reason, it's ReWire implementation is so good, and audio recording is a bitch to get right.

industry00
May 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by WinterMute
I run it from Logic 6 now, over ReWire, I bring a stereo pair in from the Reason mixer so I can keep that Reason sound as much as possible. I'm not a big fan of the Reason sequencer, and Logic is the best MIDI/recording platform there is IMO.

Having the ability to lay audio against the Reason backbeat and then add VST and AU plugins as well is excellent.

I doubt we'll see recording into Reason, it's ReWire implementation is so good, and audio recording is a bitch to get right.

My old g4 500 can barely keep up with all I am doing in Reason now (that new reverb is a cpu monster)...I am gonna have to get a 970 when they hit this summer :::crosses fingers::: And I have yet to get any OS X sequencer. I never sent in my registration cards for Cubase 5 or for Digital Performer...they are still sitting in the box. I wanna cross over and use Logic but $$$ is gonna be an issue. If I get a 970 then I am gonna be so broke that I can't afford to pay attention. Is there any stripped down versions of sequencers in the sub $200 dollar range that are any good...I don't need a ton of audio tracks (maybe 16 max) just vst or audio unit capabilities mostly.

WinterMute
May 12, 2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by industry00
My old g4 500 can barely keep up with all I am doing in Reason now (that new reverb is a cpu monster)...I am gonna have to get a 970 when they hit this summer :::crosses fingers::: And I have yet to get any OS X sequencer. I never sent in my registration cards for Cubase 5 or for Digital Performer...they are still sitting in the box. I wanna cross over and use Logic but $$$ is gonna be an issue. If I get a 970 then I am gonna be so broke that I can't afford to pay attention. Is there any stripped down versions of sequencers in the sub $200 dollar range that are any good...I don't need a ton of audio tracks (maybe 16 max) just vst or audio unit capabilities mostly.

eMagic used to do a series called the Big Box, which was Logic 6 Gold, the ES-1 synth, the EXS24 sampler, and a bunch of other stuff all for under UKú200, they also did versions with the USB multi-input or output box.

I'd imagine that would be perfect for you.

sedarby
May 12, 2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by WinterMute
eMagic used to do a series called the Big Box, which was Logic 6 Gold, the ES-1 synth, the EXS24 sampler, and a bunch of other stuff all for under UKú200, they also did versions with the USB multi-input or output box.

I'd imagine that would be perfect for you.

The Big Box has Logic Audio Silver 5.x with ES-1 synth, EXSP24 (Sampler Player not the full blown Sampler), a CD of 600 MB of samples and EVP-73 (The Fender Rhodes simulator).

They have a Production Box which includes Logic Audio Gold, EXS24 and a few soft synths but it also includes the EMI 6|2 audio interface for USB. I believe this package goes for a bit more than $200 though.

WinterMute
May 12, 2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sedarby
The Big Box has Logic Audio Silver 5.x with ES-1 synth, EXSP24 (Sampler Player not the full blown Sampler), a CD of 600 MB of samples and EVP-73 (The Fender Rhodes simulator).

They have a Production Box which includes Logic Audio Gold, EXS24 and a few soft synths but it also includes the EMI 6|2 audio interface for USB. I believe this package goes for a bit more than $200 though.

Originally, yes, but it's been upgraded since 6 arrived, at least I thought it had, I'm pretty sure one of my students bought it with the Gold version last week, but you're right about the limited EXS24.

I'd forgotten they called those production boxes, both interfaces were offered in different software configurations, but I don't think they are particularly expensive. Besides even Silver would serve well for industry00's needs.

neut
May 13, 2003, 05:15 PM
just got 2.5

im in love

i don't think ill be sleeping tonight.


might have to call in sick (vocoded call of course).


peace.

pgwalsh
May 14, 2003, 05:00 PM
I'd like to see VST support in Reason. Or a VST/Audio Unit to Rewire app that's not a full blow sequencer like Emagic.