PDA

View Full Version : Apple got rid of their music ads!

polyesterlester
May 10, 2003, 08:32 PM
Hey, I was just surfing AppleMusic.com, and noticed that instead of the link to commercials at the top, it had a link to Steve's keynote. I typed in http://www.apple.com/music/ads/ and got "Page Not Found"... Do you think they finally noticed that the little kid said "*****"?

P.S. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere. I did a search for "music ads" and didn't find any relevent posts.

shakespeare
May 10, 2003, 08:53 PM
How odd.

If anyone is interested, though, I happen to have the ads, and I'll be happy to post them on my .Mac site. Let me know if you want them and I'll give y'all the address.

bennetsaysargh
May 10, 2003, 09:32 PM
i forgot to download the kid doing eminem! NOO!! i must find a copy!

shakespeare
May 10, 2003, 10:11 PM
You can see the movies here (at least until Apple sends me a threatening email and removes them):

http://homepage.mac.com/ashuttleworth/applemusicads

bennetsaysargh
May 10, 2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by shakespeare
You can see the movies here (at least until Apple sends me a threatening email and removes them):

http://homepage.mac.com/ashuttleworth/applemusicads

thank you so so much! and as long as it's not mentioned and getting a lot of word of mouth, apple won't notice:)

thanks again!

bennetsaysargh
May 10, 2003, 10:20 PM
Floyd's ad isn't working:( just letting you know:)

shakespeare
May 10, 2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
thank you so so much! and as long as it's not mentioned and getting a lot of word of mouth, apple won't notice:)

thanks again!

Apple has noticed when I had other illicit things on my iDisk, though, and they did send me a threatening email. These are somewhat less illicit, though, and certainly less illegal; I hardly think they should complain about my posting their own advertisements.

Anyway, you're quite welcome. It's no problem :)

shakespeare
May 10, 2003, 10:25 PM
Floyd's ad isn't working:( just letting you know:)

That's odd - it works on all my computers. Maybe try again? And do the others work for you?

bennetsaysargh
May 10, 2003, 10:33 PM
That's odd - it works on all my computers. Maybe try again? And do the others work for you?

all of the other ones work
:confused: :confused: :confused:

shakespeare
May 10, 2003, 10:36 PM
all of the other ones work
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Weird, it definitely works for me. I'll check it out in the morning.

Good night!

bennetsaysargh
May 10, 2003, 11:34 PM
Weird, it definitely works for me. I'll check it out in the morning.

Good night!

ok. good luck!

iJon
May 11, 2003, 12:39 AM
Apple has noticed when I had other illicit things on my iDisk, though, and they did send me a threatening email. These are somewhat less illicit, though, and certainly less illegal; I hardly think they should complain about my posting their own advertisements.

Anyway, you're quite welcome. It's no problem :)
what did you have on your idisk, my email came from having safari on my idisk.

iJon

TEG
May 11, 2003, 01:07 AM
polyesterlester... when does the little kid drop an s-bomb, I cannot hear it, and I know Eminem didn't drop one there either (In that section)

TEG

polyesterlester
May 11, 2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by TEG
polyesterlester... when does the little kid drop an s-bomb, I cannot hear it, and I know Eminem didn't drop one there either (In that section)

TEG

From the lyrics I've read, he uses the phrase "This whole rap *****". The lyrics could be wrong, I don't listen to Eminem... but it sounds right to me.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/loseyourself.html

QCassidy352
May 11, 2003, 01:42 AM
could they have been that unpopular? I never even saw one on tv.

scem0
May 11, 2003, 02:34 AM
I thought they were kinda stupid. But that's just me.

bennetsaysargh
May 11, 2003, 08:17 AM
they were funny, especially the kid, the old guy, and the guy singing baby got back.:D:D:D

iJon-he had the m usic ads on his iDisk i think.

shakespeare
May 11, 2003, 08:37 AM
No, I had builds of Safari on my iDisk, too, because someone on these boards requested them. Apple sent me a note saying that if I had illegal things on my iDisk again, they'd revoke my membership. It was not a friendly email!

Bennet: Floyd still works for me. I can't figure out why it wouldn't for somebody else. If you want, PM me with your screen name and I can send him to you over iChat later today.

Wish your mothers happy mothers' day, everyone.

celaurie
May 11, 2003, 08:48 AM
I never got a chance to download them before, so thanks for the second opportunity! :)

pretentious
May 11, 2003, 09:49 AM
I'm glad they got rid of the ads, they were horrible!
I'm thinking that they would do better if they went the way of the GAP commercials a few years ago, you remember the ones w/ Aerosmith and other artist just doing there thing, just singing one of there songs being all cool. That's what they should do, show artist, not ugly people trying to sing.

shakespeare
May 11, 2003, 09:51 AM
I don't know about you, but that girl Tyra singing "Get this Party Started" is not ugly in my book.

celaurie
May 11, 2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by pretentious
I'm glad they got rid of the ads, they were horrible!
I'm thinking that they would do better if they went the way of the GAP commercials a few years ago, you remember the ones w/ Aerosmith and other artist just doing there thing, just singing one of there songs being all cool. That's what they should do, show artist, not ugly people trying to sing.

Boy, you got the right nick...

szark
May 11, 2003, 10:45 AM
Well, during the presentation Steve did mention that the ads weren't finished.

On a related note, there is a two-full-page ad in the new Entertainment Weekly magazine advertising the music service.

TEG
May 12, 2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by polyesterlester
From the lyrics I've read, he uses the phrase "This whole rap *****". The lyrics could be wrong, I don't listen to Eminem... but it sounds right to me.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/loseyourself.html

Actually it's "This whole rhaposody"

To me is sounds even like a little pun, considering OSX grew out of the remains of the Rhaposody project.

TEG

MacFan25
May 12, 2003, 08:42 PM
Hopefully they will show the one where the kid was singing Eminem. :D

vniow
May 12, 2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
Hopefully they will show the one where the kid was singing Eminem. :D

NOOOOOOOOO!!!http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

bennetsaysargh
May 13, 2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by vniow

that was hiarious! why wouldn't you want to see it? i also like nick nd floyd:p:p:p

iJon
May 14, 2003, 07:19 PM
well i just saw an applemusic ad on nbc just 5 minutes ago. im sure they will advertise the hell out of this.

iJon

Kwyjibo
May 14, 2003, 07:25 PM
I just saw one during the 70s show on fox. It was for the music service, and it was the my generation guy.

bennetsaysargh
May 14, 2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by iJon
well i just saw an applemusic ad on nbc just 5 minutes ago. im sure they will advertise the hell out of this.

iJon

im sure they will also. i think it's like the switch ads.

im already getting ready to film a few spoofs with kids in my nieghboirhood.
one doing bob dylan, one doing the hampster dance, and one doing a song with a whole bunch off curses in 2 seconds:p

senseibiz
May 14, 2003, 07:56 PM
I just seen one during the 76 ers game, it was the kid singing "The Real Slim Shady " instead of
" loose yourself."

bennetsaysargh
May 14, 2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by senseibiz
I just seen one during the 76 ers game, it was the kid singing "The Real Slim Shady " instead of
" loose yourself."

maybe they do have more:rolleyes:
was it the same kid? maybe they want to see about a new template for the ads this time instead of the usual one. or maybe they just took them down to make us confuse ourselves:p

TonicAngel
May 14, 2003, 09:45 PM
I saw two ads for apple music in the last hour on cbs. One was the older guy singing my generation, and the other was the girl singing i'll be there. I thought it was odd that it was for music, when they showed the iPod for about 1 second.

senseibiz
May 14, 2003, 10:17 PM
maybe they do have more:rolleyes:
was it the same kid? maybe they want to see about a new template for the ads this time instead of the usual one. or maybe they just took them down to make us confuse ourselves:p

It was the same kid, and I also seen 3 other different ones.
everytime the game went into a comercial, they showed them.

ibookin'
May 15, 2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by vniow

I just saw that very ad mere seconds ago on Comedy Central...

It's slightly to very annoying if you don't find kids singing songs cute, which I don't.

MacFan25
May 15, 2003, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I saw the generation one on fox last night. and then another one on NBC during dateline.

bennetsaysargh
May 15, 2003, 03:11 PM
yay! they're on tv! i want to see one on tv. my whole house was quiet the first time ellen fiess was on. we thought it was a spoof, untill the end:p:p:p

it's still so friggin funny!

Wardofsky
May 30, 2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by polyesterlester
Hey, I was just surfing AppleMusic.com, and noticed that instead of the link to commercials at the top, it had a link to Steve's keynote. I typed in http://www.apple.com/music/ads/ and got "Page Not Found"... Do you think they finally noticed that the little kid said "*****"?

P.S. Sorry if this was posted elsewhere. I did a search for "music ads" and didn't find any relevent posts.

That must explain why, after the kid one at the Music Event, Steve said "Maybe one we won't put up".