PDA

View Full Version : mothers day is may 11

janey
May 10, 2003, 10:52 PM
don't forget to do something nice for your mom!!! get her flowers, chocolates, a hug, even an IOU for 10 hours of whatever she wants you to do and maybe even tickets for the matrix reloaded... :)

MrMacMan
May 10, 2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
don't forget to do something nice for your mom!!! get her flowers, chocolates, a hug, even an IOU for 10 hours of whatever she wants you to do and maybe even tickets for the matrix reloaded... :)
wait shouldn't you have posted this a little before mothers day? :)
A card is nice enough, I got her a flower, comeon, 10 hours of whatever she wants me to do?
She might want to go shopping. :eek: ;)

tazo
May 11, 2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by übergeek

I got her hand lotion, since she is always complaining about how her hands hurt, are dry, etc. augh, the mall was a mess. i mean, first you gotta buy the lotion (15.00), then you gotta find like a bag to put it in (4.00) then you have to fill it up with like tissue paper so it doesnt look like you bought a big bag for nothing (2.50) and then a card from Hellmark (3.00) for a grand total after taxes of like 29 dollars for mothers day. augh. :D

shadowfax
May 11, 2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by tazo
I got her hand lotion, since she is always complaining about how her hands hurt, are dry, etc. augh, the mall was a mess. i mean, first you gotta buy the lotion (15.00), then you gotta find like a bag to put it in (4.00) then you have to fill it up with like tissue paper so it doesnt look like you bought a big bag for nothing (2.50) and then a card from Hellmark (3.00) for a grand total after taxes of like 29 dollars for mothers day. augh. :D good lord! that's a huge tax! try less than 26.00 in the US, dude. and about 27.00 in europe, maybe a bit more.

lotion: 15 dollars
bag for lotion: 4 dollars
tissue to hide lotion in bag: 2 and a half dollars
gift card for mom: 3 dollars

telling your buddy on macrumors ha can't do basic math: priceless ;)

scem0
May 11, 2003, 02:32 AM
I'm gunna give my mom the privalege of
my awesome presence.... and maybe a
hug... and maybe tickets to TMR. ;)

tazo
May 11, 2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
good lord! that's a huge tax! try less than 26.00 in the US, dude. and about 27.00 in europe, maybe a bit more.

lotion: 15 dollars
bag for lotion: 4 dollars
tissue to hide lotion in bag: 2 and a half dollars
gift card for mom: 3 dollars

telling your buddy on macrumors ha can't do basic math: priceless ;)

and according to my states tax it is 26.65. dont forget, it is past midnight here, I have been onthe phone for two hours, talking to a friend trying to get RH9 to work on my pc; we have been running into error after error. augh. its a mess. i have a headache, am ubertired and I cannot think. gnight.

Kwyjibo
May 11, 2003, 09:39 AM
I dont' think my mom wants tix to the Matrix Reloaded... the best part about having a little sister is that i just give her the money and a spectucular present ends up on the table plain and simple.

celaurie
May 11, 2003, 09:47 AM
It's only Mother's Day in the US. We had ours in March...

Oh, and you can't beat Chanel No. 5 as a gift.

wdlove
May 11, 2003, 04:17 PM
My mother lives in another state, Ohio. I sent her a plant via USAA Teleflora got a 15% discount! It's a Rose Gazebo Cachepot, her very own rose bush in a charming flowerpot. Hopefully she will get the pot with the porcelain roses! ;) She love's flowers and always raves about how long that they last. She's in an assisted living now! :(

Giaguara
May 11, 2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by celaurie
It's only Mother's Day in the US. We had ours in March...

at least italy and finland had it today, so not just US.

lmalave
May 11, 2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
I dont' think my mom wants tix to the Matrix Reloaded... the best part about having a little sister is that i just give her the money and a spectucular present ends up on the table plain and simple.

Hehe, well my fiftysomething mom mentioned to me today she wanted to watch the Matrix. Her main reason being that she thinks Jada Pinkett Smith is kick-ass.

shadowfax
May 11, 2003, 05:22 PM
and according to my states tax it is 26.65. dont forget, it is past midnight here, I have been onthe phone for two hours, talking to a friend trying to get RH9 to work on my pc; we have been running into error after error. augh. its a mess. i have a headache, am ubertired and I cannot think. gnight. i was just joking, of course ;)

celaurie
May 12, 2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Giaguara
at least italy and finland had it today, so not just US.

They say you learn something new everyday! I guess I just did. :rolleyes:

janey
May 12, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted my MrMacman
wait shouldn't you have posted this a little before mothers day?
hehe i should have...but i completely forgot *gulp*
and then a card from Hellmark
hellmark eh :)
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
the thing is most "normal" parents do not want to go watch TMR, so by buying them tix to see the movie, they'll give it to you, which gives you, your bf/gf and maybe a friend a legit excuse to see it the day it comes out (if they let you have the tickets that is...)