PDA

View Full Version : New Apple Store T-Shirts

bennetsaysargh
May 10, 2003, 11:33 PM
The new shirts that they were giving out at the Apple Store opening in long island are different. They completely throw off his collection. The new ones are a white t shirt (that's the same) with a smaller apple logo (still aqua blue) and grey text that's a different font and smaller. the only cool thing about it is that it says "Designed By Apple In California" It either says that or "Made By Apple In California"

my uncle is complaining abiout it, but still. it also throws off my collection.:(

wdlove
May 11, 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
The new shirts that they were giving out at the Apple Store opening in long island are different. They completely throw off his collection. The new ones are a white t shirt (that's the same) with a smaller apple logo (still aqua blue) and grey text that's a different font and smaller. the only cool thing about it is that it says "Designed By Apple In California" It either says that or "Made By Apple In California"

my uncle is complaining abiout it, but still. it also throws off my collection.:(

Could you post a picture of the T-Shirt bennetsaysargh? It would be greatly appreciated, please and thanx!

bennetsaysargh
May 11, 2003, 05:38 PM
i'll post some pictures later before i go to bed if i can. if i don't by tonight, i'll post them when i get home from school tomorrow.

bennetsaysargh
May 11, 2003, 07:31 PM
i posted them on my .mac trial thingy. im thinking of asking my parents to get it for me.

http://homepage.mac.com/rbennet1/PhotoAlbum4.html

wdlove
May 12, 2003, 04:53 PM
i posted them on my .mac trial thingy. im thinking of asking my parents to get it for me.

http://homepage.mac.com/rbennet1/PhotoAlbum4.html

Very nice wall display! I got one of those tubes at the opening of our local Apple Store! Maybe your parents will get you the .mac as an additional B-Day present. It certainly never hurts to ask! ;)

bennetsaysargh
May 12, 2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Very nice wall display! I got one of those tubes at the opening of our local Apple Store! Maybe your parents will get you the .mac as an additional B-Day present. It certainly never hurts to ask! ;)

i should ask them for my birthday! only thing is, my b-day was in march:p

i might get a p/t job this summer, so that will bring in some cash:D

wdlove
May 12, 2003, 05:51 PM
i should ask them for my birthday! only thing is, my b-day was in march:p

i might get a p/t job this summer, so that will bring in some cash:D

I checked your profile and noted that your B-Day was March. Thought you might ask for a belated present. If you earn money this summer your parents may be willing to give you an advance or add to your earnings. It never hurts to ask? ;)

bennetsaysargh
May 12, 2003, 08:00 PM
I checked your profile and noted that your B-Day was March. Thought you might ask for a belated present. If you earn money this summer your parents may be willing to give you an advance or add to your earnings. It never hurts to ask? ;)

I think I'm going to ask later this week because my brother is asking for stuff right now. I'm hoping they'll say yes when I ask them!:D

wdlove
May 12, 2003, 08:17 PM
I think I'm going to ask later this week because my brother is asking for stuff right now. I'm hoping they'll say yes when I ask them!:D

Sounds like you are smart to wait. Be positive, take a deep beath! Things come to those that are patient and wait! ;)

bennetsaysargh
May 12, 2003, 08:19 PM
Sounds like you are smart to wait. Be positive, take a deep beath! Things come to those that are patient and wait! ;)

Thanks for the advice! Maybe I can also threat to join a cult:p

[I am not really going to join a cult. It is just a joke.]

MacFan25
May 12, 2003, 08:23 PM
I like those shirts! I wish there was an Apple store near me.

scem0
May 12, 2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
I like those shirts! I wish there was an Apple store near me.

I'm pretty sure there are some apple
stores in the USA where, according to your
profile, you are located :D.

Yeah, an apple shirt would rock, but I, like
you, don't live near an apple store. It's
a crying shame, ain't it?;)

bennetsaysargh
May 12, 2003, 08:41 PM
eBay?
when i get a few more i might beg my dad to let me sell them on eBay, but untill then, you'll have to wait.:(

iJon
May 12, 2003, 08:42 PM
does anybody have an extra shirt i can buy from or know if there local apple store has some left over to buy. i would glady send someone money if i could get one. i feel this new ipod shirt is the first of my many apple shirts i could wear to school and feel like a complete dork.

iJon

MacFan25
May 12, 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by scem0
I'm pretty sure there are some apple
stores in the USA where, according to your
profile, you are located :D.

Yeah, an apple shirt would rock, but I, like
you, don't live near an apple store. It's
a crying shame, ain't it?;)
Yeah, the nearest Apple store to me is about an hour 15 min drive. :( But, I bet that I'll go to it sometime! :D

bennetsaysargh
May 12, 2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by iJon
does anybody have an extra shirt i can buy from or know if there local apple store has some left over to buy. i would glady send someone money if i could get one. i feel this new ipod shirt is the first of my many apple shirts i could wear to school and feel like a complete dork.

iJon

i already have worn a palisades shirt to school and my iPod shirt to school. people thought i was cheap because i told them i got the palisades shirt to school, and when i wore my iPod shirt everone who knew what it was poked the center button.

funny days.

icetraxxg5
May 12, 2003, 08:53 PM
Am I missing something? whats a whitman?

bennetsaysargh
May 12, 2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by icetraxxg5

all apple store opening shirts have a blue apple logo (more aqua) and the name of the mall or place it is located. on the back it used to say shop different, but these new ones say "designed by apple in california"
same format for them all.

melchior
May 12, 2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by icetraxxg5

that is a good question. though, you seem to be the only one aware of anything by the name of whitman in this thread. Walt Whitman comes to mind... that's about it

melchior
May 12, 2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by melchior
that is a good question. though, you seem to be the only one aware of anything by the name of whitman in this thread. Walt Whitman comes to mind... that's about it

mmmm, quoting myself and replying to myself. that's gotta mean something. well i went and looked at the pictures which i had opened in a tab. (love tabs. don't care about other stuff in a browser, just need tabs... ;) )

ummm, anyway, yeah. Zoom in to see the larger picture of the t-shirt and with a bit of shock you will see my arbitrary guess was right. It has Walt 'Whitman' printed under the Aqua apple. does apple still use some of the idea's from their Think Different campaign? What other examples are there of this. Do other T-Shirts have other famous people's names?

bennetsaysargh
May 13, 2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by melchior
mmmm, quoting myself and replying to myself. that's gotta mean something. well i went and looked at the pictures which i had opened in a tab. (love tabs. don't care about other stuff in a browser, just need tabs... ;) )

ummm, anyway, yeah. Zoom in to see the larger picture of the t-shirt and with a bit of shock you will see my arbitrary guess was right. It has Walt 'Whitman' printed under the Aqua apple. does apple still use some of the idea's from their Think Different campaign? What other examples are there of this. Do other T-Shirts have other famous people's names?

The name of the mall in which this particular Apple Store was was called the Walt Whitman Mall. I have ones from the Palisades mall that say Palisades under the Apple Logo. Shop different is not on this one like all of the others. But it is kinda cool to see the change with "Designed by Apple in California".
Maybe later I'll post some pictures of previous shirts to help clear further confusion.:D