PDA

View Full Version : More Photos from Macworld Expo 2007 Setup

MacRumors
Jan 6, 2007, 10:03 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Setteb.it has posted (http://www.setteb.it/content/view/1422) photos from the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA where Macworld Expo 2007 takes place.

The "Welcome to 2007" banner that was previously posted (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2007/01/20070106105935.shtml) appears to be real with another angle (http://www.setteb.it/7b/01422/source/mwsf07outsabato06.htm) as well as a vertical banner (http://www.setteb.it/7b/01422/source/mwsf07outsabato04.htm) of the same.

Apple's booth is shrouded under black cloth (http://www.setteb.it/7b/01422/source/mwsf07sabato05.htm) to hide whatever announcements may be coming.

The full series of photos can be seen here (http://www.setteb.it/content/view/1422).

know-it-all5
Jan 6, 2007, 10:06 PM
BIG Stuff is on its way. I CANT WAIT!!!

xwing1971
Jan 6, 2007, 10:07 PM
I'm counting the minutes, now! I'm ready to get my hands on Leopard, a new Mac, and hopefully an iPhone...I mean iChat mobile..., you know, Apple Phone!

know-it-all5
Jan 6, 2007, 10:08 PM
I'm counting the minutes, now! I'm ready to get my hands on Leopard, a new Mac, and hopefully an iPhone...I mean iChat mobile..., you know, Apple Phone!

You wont be getting your hand on that for a few months at LEAST

beige matchbox
Jan 6, 2007, 10:12 PM
the tension is building

can't wait, these banners make me think something ground breaking is coming :eek: :D

maybe a macbook with a matt screen...

well, you never know ;)

know-it-all5
Jan 6, 2007, 10:13 PM
the tension is building

can't wait, these banners make me think something ground breaking is coming :eek: :D

maybe a macbook with a matt screen...

well, you never know ;)

That would be an impovement

Silentwave
Jan 6, 2007, 10:14 PM
At least we know it wasn't just a new years' greeting :D

Digital Skunk
Jan 6, 2007, 10:16 PM
All of you are going to be the same folks whining when Santa Jobs doesn't give you what you want.

And enough with the banners already... I think everyone knows that it is happening. Give me a real rumor like a photo of some box that has iMacPro written on it or MacPro Mini or something. These photos tell me what I already know.

And stop asking for stupid crap like a MacBook with a Matte screen. Get the glossy... trust me you'll love it :D

IDANNY
Jan 6, 2007, 10:17 PM
Cool, hopefully some really cool stuff will come out.

beige matchbox
Jan 6, 2007, 10:18 PM
All of you are going to be the same folks whining when Santa Jobs doesn't give you what you want.

And enough with the banners already... I think everyone knows that it is happening. Give me a real rumor like a photo of some box that has iMacPro written on it or MacPro Mini or something. These photos tell me what I already know.

And stop asking for stupid crap like a MacBook with a Matte screen. Get the glossy... trust me you'll love it :D

i already have a glossy laptop, don't want another ;)

darwen
Jan 6, 2007, 10:21 PM
I want to see my new phone already. Take down the cloth and let me give you some money!

Digital Skunk
Jan 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
i already have a glossy laptop, don't want another ;)

There is the MacBook Pro;)

Daveway
Jan 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
Looks like one of the shrouds is falling off. Hurry someone go help it out! :p

DavidLeblond
Jan 6, 2007, 10:25 PM
Thank GOD they didn't have another one of those posters with all the software icons on it!

justflie
Jan 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
oh me oh my. I'm going to have to go with the "no spoiler" link video option on the 9th. I'm going to be away from my computer for the whole morning/afternoon. It's going to be a long day until i can finally watch that keynote!

beige matchbox
Jan 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
There is the MacBook Pro;)

your right, but i have a last gen G5 iMac, and access to an intel iMac so i dont need another quick machine, just a nice, fairly small portable, macbook would be perfect but for the screen,

i'm not complaining, just waiting for the right porduct :)

edit: *updates sig*

G3blues
Jan 6, 2007, 10:31 PM
Thank GOD they didn't have another one of those posters with all the software icons on it!

I don't know, I kind of liked the posts which tried to measure the dimensions of the iMac and other computers on the poster and convince themselves they were different in some way.

I actually have no expectations for what is going to come out. Don't need an iPhone, but I am hopeful (like everyone else on this forum) for something groundbreaking.

MikeDTyke
Jan 6, 2007, 10:33 PM
The banner gave me a buzz when it was at www.apple.com.

A bunch of people poo poo'd it and i felt sad.

These photo's have put the buzz back in. WOOHOO!

:D

maxrobertson
Jan 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
Wow

This year is going to be big

Eckels
Jan 6, 2007, 10:35 PM
This is probably going to make me sound retarded, but I'm new to Macs - only recently decided to purchase one, never owned one before, not even an iPod.

Since my decision, and looking more into the world of Macs, and finding out about things like MacWorld... I'm genuinely excited about something like a Consumer Electronic's show. Something I've never given a slight bit of a damn about before.

I'm getting sucked in. Damn you all.

Oh and shouldn't someone say something like "I heard those Expo Setup Photos were taken with the iPhone"?

EricNau
Jan 6, 2007, 10:35 PM
Have any past MacWorlds ever had such a uniform or valiant theme before?

xwing1971
Jan 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
I REALLY hope they have a quad-core iMac. I doubt it, but that's one rumor I hope is true. If it is, Steve, I'll order one Tuesday, I promise!

Xavier
Jan 6, 2007, 10:38 PM
All this hype!

It would SUCK if they only came out with the iTV (But I know Apple would never do that ;) )

Just I don't think I could take the disappointment if that happened. BRING ON THE IPHONE

geerlingguy
Jan 6, 2007, 10:38 PM
I'm very excited - this will be the first year in three that I'll actually be able to view the text stream on MR... and I am hoping there will be at least 'one more thing' at the end.

But some in the media seem to think this 'one more thing...' thing is a tradition with Apple and Steve... but it's not. The 'one more thing...' thing only started a year or two ago, and Steve himself used it jokingly last time he used it; perhaps there's a new 'one more thing...' thing that's different from the current 'one more thing...' :D

Digital Skunk
Jan 6, 2007, 10:40 PM
your right, but i have a last gen G5 iMac, and access to an intel iMac so i dont need another quick machine, just a nice, fairly small portable, macbook would be perfect but for the screen,

i'm not complaining, just waiting for the right porduct :)

edit: *updates sig*

Understandable... :D My girlfriend is waiting for a smaller than MacBook.... umm...MacBook. She says the 13.3 inch MacBook is too heavy and large for her...:confused:

Go figure. The 12inch PB is rather nice though.

chubad
Jan 6, 2007, 10:40 PM
The traditional black shrouded booth.:) Now it's starting to feel like Macworld.:D Next comes the fake spy shots.:eek: Then the Keynote.:cool: Then the bitching.;)

tokevino
Jan 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
But some in the media seem to think this 'one more thing...' thing is a tradition with Apple and Steve... but it's not. The 'one more thing...' thing only started a year or two ago, and Steve himself used it jokingly last time he used it; perhaps there's a new 'one more thing...' thing that's different from the current 'one more thing...' :D

Started before 2000, not just a year or two.

twoodcc
Jan 6, 2007, 10:42 PM
BIG Stuff is on its way. I CANT WAIT!!!

i sure hope that you're right! can't wait either!

aLoC
Jan 6, 2007, 10:43 PM
The banner looks like the Time Machine user interface: it has the origin light in the distance, and the text talks about time. I think the poster is just a Leopard teaser.

Digital Skunk
Jan 6, 2007, 10:48 PM
The traditional black shrouded booth.:) Now it's starting to feel like Macworld.:D Next comes the fake spy shots.:eek: Then the Keynote.:cool: Then the bitching.;)

Never been more accurate :D

Hummer
Jan 6, 2007, 10:48 PM
The suspense is killing me.

Xeem
Jan 6, 2007, 10:50 PM
The banner looks like the Time Machine user interface: it has the origin light in the distance, and the text talks about time. I think the poster is just a Leopard teaser.

Maybe so, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks very nice IMO. The black apple logo is pretty awesome looking.

Silentwave
Jan 6, 2007, 10:55 PM
I REALLY hope they have a quad-core iMac. I doubt it, but that's one rumor I hope is true. If it is, Steve, I'll order one Tuesday, I promise!

no offense, but a bit of research into the intel processor types used in the iMac would show that unless they do a major redesign and base that design off a larger, significantly hotter (thus louder, larger) desktop processor/chipset, rather than a mobile platform, a quad core iMac is not feasible at this point. Down the line, yes, but still many months away... there's still another version of Merom due a few months from now that will come before any quad core mobile chip.

geerlingguy
Jan 6, 2007, 11:01 PM
Started before 2000, not just a year or two.

I thought the first time it was used was the 2004 or 2005 MacWorld Expo, then it was used as the title for a media event in 2005 - but I guess I am mistaken. Mea culpa! :rolleyes:

bradc
Jan 6, 2007, 11:04 PM
Pfff, what's the big deal with a friggin i-phone? It's a phone that can play iTunes and will look cool just like a bunch of other phones out there.

I think the cool stuff will be OS X 10.5. Everything else has been done but will just be Apple-ized. Like this video ipod everyone talks about. There's already devices out there that do portable vid/aud etc. There's already TiVos and Slingbox etc.

I'll admit though the new Shuffle is pretty cool even though it does nothing different--just it's shape as with the Nano. Maybe there will be a case redesign which is neat but all the helpful features are OS X 10.5 and to those bleeding-edge users, updates to the computer line.

But I'm definitely going to be refreshing macrumors to see what cool things might come out of the bag. After all, something neat usually does come out!

p.s. I think I'm just trying to downplay the whole event so I don't get excited hahaha!:D

craigsharp@spym
Jan 6, 2007, 11:07 PM
Has anyone thought about why apple has left the mac mini's alone? They haven't updated their processors to the Core 2's yet, I'm thinking the whole iTv is what apple originally had planned for the mini, they are going to scrap the mini for a true tivo killer, HD set-top dvr box, cableCard ready, wireless access for your itunes media, ability to share recorded tv shows with your macs, I can see it now, The re-invention of modern DVR, sleek sophisticated, and priced right! I mean, have you seen the price for the new series 3 tivo's? ridiculously priced at 800 plus a subscription service. Crazy!

Just my 2 cents

slffl
Jan 6, 2007, 11:10 PM
Is there going to be a 'One More Thing' this time? When was the last time Jobs said that? Is he done doing it like Trump won't do the 'cobra' anymore :) ?

know-it-all5
Jan 6, 2007, 11:13 PM
Has anyone thought about why apple has left the mac mini's alone? They haven't updated their processors to the Core 2's yet, I'm thinking the whole iTv is what apple originally had planned for the mini, they are going to scrap the mini for a true tivo killer, HD set-top dvr box, cableCard ready, wireless access for your itunes media, ability to share recorded tv shows with your macs, I can see it now, The re-invention of modern DVR, sleek sophisticated, and priced right! I mean, have you seen the price for the new series 3 tivo's? ridiculously priced at 800 plus a subscription service. Crazy!

Just my 2 cents

I'll give you that 2 cents back, and tell you to stop dreaming.

abeyk
Jan 6, 2007, 11:13 PM

Just my 2 cents

hope that doesn't happen, but the mini does need some updates

Cosmo modo
Jan 6, 2007, 11:16 PM
I just want Steve to show a brand new interface design for Leopard.

I will be very disappointed if they don't change the interface with this release.

MattyMac
Jan 6, 2007, 11:17 PM
Apple's dedication to secrecy is so awesome. It just makes me smile:rolleyes:

mikefd369
Jan 6, 2007, 11:19 PM
that banner of a silhouetted apple nails the black imac rumor. they already have a black macbook. wonder how else they'll change it. with laptop drives getting larger and faster, they could reduce the form factor quite a bit. an external speaker attached along the bottom with aluminum mesh grill would be quite nice.

Yvan256
Jan 6, 2007, 11:20 PM
Unless the iTV is a smaller Mac mini that can also be directly connected to a TV (so it's your choice to either use it as a Mac mini or a PVR-type device), I don't think Apple should discontinue the Mac mini. If anything, the Mac mini will finally get the Core 2 Duo in 2 days, nothing else. Maybe a GPU update (the one after GMA950, or even only allow the GMA950 to access 128MB).

mikefd369
Jan 6, 2007, 11:24 PM
a new keyboard to go along with it with raised, separated keys like the macbook's.

Digital Skunk
Jan 6, 2007, 11:25 PM

Just my 2 cents

YESSS!!! :D :D :D

I never noticed that and completely forgot about the MacMini... (which is very easy to do) I don't know if Apple will do what you said but there might be something up Jobs' sleeve with the Mini. I'd rather him make a big deal about the Mini then even mention that ridiculous iPhone.

Not that I don't want Apple to make a phone... just tired of hearing RUMORS and RANTS about it.

Digital Skunk
Jan 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
an external speaker attached along the bottom with aluminum mesh grill would be quite nice.

They already have that on the iMac :D

mikefd369
Jan 6, 2007, 11:30 PM
They already have that on the iMac :D

hmm. i'm thinking detachable and forward firing.

G3blues
Jan 6, 2007, 11:30 PM
Is there going to be a 'One More Thing' this time? When was the last time Jobs said that? Is he done doing it like Trump won't do the 'cobra' anymore :) ?

For the iTV preview at the last keynote it was "one last thing." I just watched it again. Probably Steve just trying to shake things up. So, yes there will be one more thing (at least there will be the final product he talks about at the keynote):D

Eckels
Jan 6, 2007, 11:38 PM
just out of curiousity... does Apple have anything in the works named "Eclipse"?

Some people mentioned that the banner is supposed to vaguely identify something, like a black MB or Time Machine in Leopard. But my impression is that it's just a generic corporate presence ad. Like putting Coca-Cola on a billboard, but not specifying Classic, Diet, or whatever else.

If it was to be some sort of clever allusion towards a new product, i'd venture a guess that it has something to do with an eclipse, since that's essentially what the banner depicts.

Maybe I'm right and maybe it's a generic corporate presence ad, and they're using the eclipse to show how the Mac brand is eclipsing the competitors, or the past thirty years, like it describes, or whatever. Or maybe there's something called "Eclipse?" E-Clips?

I dunno, just a thought. it's late and i'm tired.

Digital Skunk
Jan 6, 2007, 11:41 PM
hmm. i'm thinking detachable and forward firing.

Oh :o

Peel
Jan 6, 2007, 11:44 PM
For the iTV preview at the last keynote it was "one last thing." I just watched it again. Probably Steve just trying to shake things up. So, yes there will be one more thing (at least there will be the final product he talks about at the keynote):D

Yes, but in the "Showtime" event the "One Last thing" came after a "One More thing" (movies on iTunes). I think Steve just didn't want to be redundant.

LastZion
Jan 7, 2007, 12:05 AM
I am also very excited. I can't wait to see what happens. I have never been to a Mac World... one day though, one day for sure :)

Jan 7, 2007, 12:12 AM

Yes, except for the tivo killer, HD set-top dvr box, cableCard ready part. :(

AppleIntelRock
Jan 7, 2007, 12:50 AM

Haha, tell me about it. Nothing for people to psychotically over-analyzie.

thedude110
Jan 7, 2007, 12:55 AM

There damn well better be. The last time it wasn't said there was the moaning and the groaning ...

Well, we'll moan and groan no matter what. But the hype is real and the excitement is real -- Steve wouldn't be building up unless he thought he had a market he could fill.

e-coli
Jan 7, 2007, 01:32 AM

LOL...I LOVE it....so so true. :D

Just for the record - after noon on Tuesday I'm officially never buying a Mac again...until Wednesday.

SiliconAddict
Jan 7, 2007, 01:38 AM
The one thing I've never understood is how can these banner always be kept so secret. Being put up dozens of union folk must see it. Even if its put up behind the cloth someone out there has to know and even if they did sign NDA's its a billboard. It wouldn't be the end of the world, other then for Mac fans who act as if they just saw their bride on their wedding day, if the let things....slip.

That being said I guess we now know that Welcome to 2007 wasn't just Apple calibrating the new year. I REALLY hope I'm not out in the field Tuesday and I can sit at my desk and read MR.

Peace
Jan 7, 2007, 01:45 AM
Well I think we can safely presume just by the prevelance of all the first 30 years themed banners this has something to do with Apple's anniversary and the introduction of something completely new..

Gonna be a good Macworld!! :D

JZ Wire
Jan 7, 2007, 01:45 AM
Oh geeez I cant wait. I need this day to come already so I can spend the money ive been saving for this. Assuming they release something I want but since its Apple I usually want everything. :D

JZ Wire
Jan 7, 2007, 01:48 AM

I always thought that was our tradition? Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

nsjoker
Jan 7, 2007, 01:57 AM
I want to see my new phone already. Take down the cloth and let me give you some money!

Lol, I actually found this pretty funny. :rolleyes:

macman2790
Jan 7, 2007, 02:16 AM
i cant wait for them to unveil the iphone.......oooops i forgot linksys already has a phone called that. Please people stop calling it the iphone.

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 02:18 AM
that banner of a silhouetted apple nails the black imac rumor.

I see it as Apple ahead of the pack, and now its 2007, they're gonna be even more in front.

I honestly dont see a black iMac... I see a 30 year Anniversary iMac

sushi
Jan 7, 2007, 02:25 AM
That would be cool!

It can join my TAM. :D

jmsait19
Jan 7, 2007, 02:31 AM
i thought about waiting to watch the spoiler thread... but that already puts you a few hours behind in the ordering process if you want something new... not that i can afford anything that comes out... but just thought...

all that said... this is turning out to be pretty suspenseful. typically it has felt like somewhat of a let down post keynote because we weren't really wowed... i get the feeling this will be different...

iAlan
Jan 7, 2007, 02:32 AM

That would be cool!

So you were one of the seven people who bought one :D

All kidding aside, I think Apple will be doing something to belatedly celebrate the 30th anniversary - I just don't know what!

Here's to a very pee-your-pants 2 hour keynote...

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 02:33 AM
That would be cool!

wow! those things cost like $7500-10000 US when they came out. just looking up the specs now, a 250mhz ppc 603e. :eek:

Info here (http://www.apple-history.com/?page=gallery&model=anniversary)

sushi
Jan 7, 2007, 02:33 AM
So you were one of the seven people who bought one :D
I thought that it was 9 of us. :eek: ;)

EricNau
Jan 7, 2007, 02:36 AM
I think Apple will be doing something to belatedly celebrate the 30th anniversary...

Well, it's about time they did - their 30th anniversary was almost a year ago!

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 02:37 AM
i thought about waiting to watch the spoiler thread... but that already puts you a few hours behind in the ordering process if you want something new... not that i can afford anything that comes out... but just thought...

all that said... this is turning out to be pretty suspenseful. typically it has felt like somewhat of a let down post keynote because we weren't really wowed... i get the feeling this will be different...

We were wowed in 2006.. we got Intel Macs! I still love the PPC, but, that iMac G5 I owned was quite loud and the back was Hot to say the least.

Intel finally got their backside in gear to make some pretty good chips. Just in time too... imagaine... we would be at 2.84Ghz in a PowerMac now if it was for Intel.

Well, it's about time they did - their 30th anniversary was almost a year ago!

the TAM came out March 1997 and discontinued in March 1998... their 20th Anni was in 1996... go figure

Donz0r
Jan 7, 2007, 03:02 AM
Even though I'm not buying anything (unless the Apple Phone is/includes a sleek, sexy, thin, slider model for around 100 with a contract), I'm still super excited! There's going to be good things, but those with super high expectations will be underwhelmed.

Goldfinger
Jan 7, 2007, 03:16 AM
I'm afraid that a lot of you are going to be very very disappointed.

iMacZealot
Jan 7, 2007, 03:18 AM
I can't wait. Unfortunately, I'm in school, so I might have to sneak down into the PC lab and pretend to look something up for a report. ;) Then again, another big storm is coming. Perhaps it might be a snow day...well if it ain't Jesus, Joseph, and Mary in Tinseltown!!! :D Until Tuesday, I will do my annual ritual of giving a sacrifice to my ceramic Steve Jobs idol and vigorously check apple.com for a leak.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey, sushi, did you get your TAM with the guy in a tux to deliver it to your door?

SiliconAddict
Jan 7, 2007, 03:41 AM
I'm afraid that a lot of you are going to be very very disappointed.

Kinda hard to say that when you don't have a clue as to what is going to be announced. :rolleyes:

And if you do please enlighten us all. Please.

mikefd369
Jan 7, 2007, 03:47 AM
just out of curiousity... does Apple have anything in the works named "Eclipse"?....maybe it's a generic corporate presence ad, and they're using the eclipse to show how the Mac brand is eclipsing the competitors, or the past thirty years, like it describes, or whatever. Or maybe there's something called "Eclipse?" E-Clips?

I agree that it expresses an overshadowing. E-clips and black may be looking too closely at it, but black and white iMacs wouldn't surprise me. Speaking of overshadowing, has there really been much positive interest generated in Vista? Doesn't seem so. Upgrading seems far from a no brainer unlike Leopard.

Cepe Indicum
Jan 7, 2007, 03:48 AM
Haha, tell me about it. Nothing for people to psychotically over-analyzie.

Yeah, that was really annoying...

just out of curiousity... does Apple have anything in the works named "Eclipse"?

Some people mentioned that the banner is supposed to vaguely identify something, like a black MB or Time Machine in Leopard. But my impression is that it's just a generic corporate presence ad. Like putting Coca-Cola on a billboard, but not specifying Classic, Diet, or whatever else.

If it was to be some sort of clever allusion towards a new product, i'd venture a guess that it has something to do with an eclipse, since that's essentially what the banner depicts.

Maybe I'm right and maybe it's a generic corporate presence ad, and they're using the eclipse to show how the Mac brand is eclipsing the competitors, or the past thirty years, like it describes, or whatever. Or maybe there's something called "Eclipse?" E-Clips?

I dunno, just a thought. it's late and i'm tired.

;) Only kidding! This is an interesting thought, I guess. E-Clips sounds like YouTube / Google Video / etc.

The first thing that I thought of when I saw the banner was a comment made in a thread a few weeks ago... That Leopard might have a darker UI, more like the Developer pages on the Apple website...?

iMacZealot
Jan 7, 2007, 03:53 AM
You can already get the iMac in any color you want. (http://www.colorwarepc.com/)

sokrates
Jan 7, 2007, 04:11 AM
but have you noticed the huge price differance? :D

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 04:12 AM
You can already get the iMac in any color you want. (http://www.colorwarepc.com/)

wow, thats pretty cool actually... only about £200 more over the standard price... not bad

freebooter
Jan 7, 2007, 04:38 AM
After "The Great Unveiling", perhaps Apple could sell pieces of the black cloth on e-bay, as a sort of holy relic. They do something like that in Mecca every year with the cloth that covers the Ka'bah.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/Planter12/g04.jpg

a456
Jan 7, 2007, 04:40 AM

Very 1980s. I'd really like an aluminium cased iMac Pro to go with my powerbook and nano.

sokrates
Jan 7, 2007, 04:40 AM
wow, thats pretty cool actually... only about £200 more over the standard price... not bad

only about 200 pounds? are you crazy? that's like 450€ or simply put 600$ that's just rude vor changing the cover!

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 04:45 AM
only about 200 pounds? are you crazy? that's like 450€ or simply put 600$ that's just rude vor changing the cover!

look at this way... an oil change on a car would cost you what... £30 max. but you end up paying £100 (or more if you go to the dealers)

You're paying for the service aswell. They have to get the computer, then change the covers. Not exactly a quick job now is it.

pro2type
Jan 7, 2007, 05:01 AM
yeps. A Mac Mini tower connected to your TV, with individual boxes depending on the users needs would be a killer. Strange Apple havent tried to make more out of this possibility.

Just my 2 cents

Passante
Jan 7, 2007, 05:08 AM
So many posts over black shrouded booths. :eek:

Picked up a clearance MacBook Core Duo at the bookstore on Friday. I hope it keeps my Mac addiction under control until Tuesday. I'm craving a true Video iPod.

Chundles
Jan 7, 2007, 05:09 AM
1. New iPod socks.
2. What does the Chinese writing mean?

a456
Jan 7, 2007, 05:10 AM
Has anyone thought about why apple has left the mac mini's alone? They haven't updated their processors to the Core 2's yet ...

It is strange because they could slap in some low speed Core 2 Duos and then claim Core 2 Duos across the entire range like they did with the Core Duos first of all. All of the PC manufacturers are using the low end Core 2 Duos on cheaper computers just for the name.

Goldfinger
Jan 7, 2007, 05:35 AM
Kinda hard to say that when you don't have a clue as to what is going to be announced. :rolleyes:

Of course I don't know what's coming. But a lot of people are beginning to state hype and rumour as fact. And a lot of other people believe them. So when the keynote comes and goes without giving us all these wonderfull things a lot of people will feel betrayed and sad because they didn't get what they expected.

It's like that every single MW or WWDC or media event but still, this one seems to be even more hyped. All thanks to the iPhone I guess.

Windowlicker
Jan 7, 2007, 05:41 AM
I've never waited this bad! Maybe i should've thought twice before selling my PMG5 knowing that i'll be without a proper computer for a week with having to wait for _possible_ updates in the product lines! :P

So, minor updates (or price drops) to iMacs please :)

matticus008
Jan 7, 2007, 05:58 AM
look at this way... an oil change on a car would cost you what... £30 max. but you end up paying £100 (or more if you go to the dealers)
More like €298 or $390...and anyone who pays anywhere NEAR £100 for an oil change is completely out of their minds. Even my local stealership only charges $75 list, and that's outrageous and I'd never do it if I didn't get free maintenance with the car.

It's understandably labor-intensive to recolor a computer, and the markup has to cover a lot of duplicated overhead, since it's a third-party service. But they're certainly charging more than they would if they had any sort of competition. It would be different if Apple offered the colors, as doing so at a higher markup might actually subsidize the "standard" white ones.

Put it this way: you can get an entire car painted for $500. I wouldn't recommend it for a nice car, since it would be clearly inferior to the stock finish, but on a computer certainly it would be comparable to the results of Colorware.

OllyW
Jan 7, 2007, 06:09 AM
1. New iPod socks.

This is going to be the big one, 30th aniversary iPod socks. :D

Compile 'em all
Jan 7, 2007, 06:10 AM
:eek: This black cloth is about to fall off :D

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2590/mwsf07sabato05ww4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/253/mwsf07sabato06xs2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

neilplatform1
Jan 7, 2007, 06:11 AM
Has anyone seen this on the not-so-hidden message in the web banner

http://www.valleywag.com/tech/tag/macworld-launch-16-to-9-says-its-hdtv-226659.php

It also seems to have rounded corners. I'm wondering personally if it's an in the clear front view of the widescreen true video iPod, but that's just wishful thinking.

iMikeT
Jan 7, 2007, 06:24 AM
I wish I was there.:(

simontarr
Jan 7, 2007, 06:26 AM
People really do over-analyse things. Some of it could be true, but some stuff is just crazy. I hope we get loads of cool stuff though (not that I actually have the money for any of this gear)

starnox
Jan 7, 2007, 07:25 AM
Of course they are going to bring out a product (red) iMac, and the iTV's real name is MacTV. :rolleyes:

WildPalms
Jan 7, 2007, 07:38 AM
Well I think we can safely presume just by the prevelance of all the first 30 years themed banners this has something to do with Apple's anniversary and the introduction of something completely new..

Gonna be a good Macworld!! :D

Peace, think there's a chance of another TAM? (Thirtieth Anniversary Mac)

jsnoah
Jan 7, 2007, 07:39 AM
Iw onder wha happens to that guy whoever it shoudl be at that given time that pokes his head through the apple shroud... and see whatever they are releasing this go around. Slap on Wrist? Paddle to the butt? Guillotine? Prison? Public Hanging?

Compile 'em all
Jan 7, 2007, 07:40 AM
Iw onder wha happens to that guy whoever it shoudl be at that given time that pokes his head through the apple shroud... and see whatever they are releasing this go around. Slap on Wrist? Paddle to the butt? Guillotine? Prison? Public Hanging?

There are security guards that won't let anyone come near the booth.

WildPalms
Jan 7, 2007, 07:41 AM
We were wowed in 2006.. we got Intel Macs! I still love the PPC, but, that iMac G5 I owned was quite loud and the back was Hot to say the least.

Intel finally got their backside in gear to make some pretty good chips. Just in time too... imagaine... we would be at 2.84Ghz in a PowerMac now if it was for Intel.

the TAM came out March 1997 and discontinued in March 1998... their 20th Anni was in 1996... go figure

Possibly to do with a whole year having to pass before its counted as 1. e.g if I'm born in 2000, I dont celebrate my 1 year anniversary until 2001....just a crazy thought.:p

Macula
Jan 7, 2007, 07:53 AM
I am sick of waiting and sick of unsubstantiated rumors. Also sick of waiting instead of buying a plain "old" Macbook that I so much need.

Fab_Fab
Jan 7, 2007, 08:00 AM
Has anyone seen this on the not-so-hidden message in the web banner

http://www.valleywag.com/tech/tag/macworld-launch-16-to-9-says-its-hdtv-226659.php

It also seems to have rounded corners. I'm wondering personally if it's an in the clear front view of the widescreen true video iPod, but that's just wishful thinking.

Nice thought about the aspect ratio and HDTV. I'd say that "welcome to 2007" means "welcome to the year of HD".

(Or was that 2006):D

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 08:00 AM
Possibly to do with a whole year having to pass before its counted as 1. e.g if I'm born in 2000, I dont celebrate my 1 year anniversary until 2001....just a crazy thought.:p

yes.. so, 1976 - 1996 = 20 years. 1976 - 2006 = 30 years

what you said is true, but doesnt explain my point at all.

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 08:05 AM
More like €298 or $390...and anyone who pays anywhere NEAR £100 for an oil change is completely out of their minds. Even my local stealership only charges $75 list, and that's outrageous and I'd never do it if I didn't get free maintenance with the car.

I guess I should of said a service, not an oil change. But in my last service on the Golf, it cost me £80 and that was oil/filter change and what not. If I went down to the VW garage, that would of cost £190+

The charge is mainly labour.. that was my point

abadr
Jan 7, 2007, 08:23 AM
I get myself worked up into a little frenzy before events like this, so this year I am trying to stay calm.

That includes:

- Selling my Dual G5 on ebay - check
- Checking macrumors every 2 minutes - check
- RSS feeds to my phone in case I can't - check
- Not revising for exams - check
- Probably going to feel let down - check

;)

I know it's unlikely that they will update the 24" iMac, but here's hoping.

I would also dig a large apple display, but would have to wait to purchase.

My take on the '2007' banners is that they will show more of Leopard, and demo how it's years ahead of Vista.

wizard
Jan 7, 2007, 08:51 AM
My thoughts run along the same lines. Apple may very well keep the low end machine and up date it to Core 2, but at the high end I see a different machine. The fact that chips are becoming available for Apple to implement such a machine are a good sign. I just don't think those chips are available next week though.

The nice thing about such a machine is that all of the GPUs that are coming, that support the standards Apple would need to address in this sort of machine, will give the Mini a very nice graphics boost. The box might not have cabelCard but it most certainly would have more storage, HDTV support (with its encryption), possibly a Blue Ray disk and a bunch of other features for multimedia.

Dave

Just my 2 cents

eenu
Jan 7, 2007, 08:52 AM
do you not think the previous news post should be edited? You have just shown that the picture was not a fake yet the previous news article still claims it is.

lorien
Jan 7, 2007, 09:43 AM

Me too! It feels different this time...
*Off to download a countdown widget*
..and I can only recommend the free Keynote Bingo Macworld San Francisco 2007 Edition!!

jonharris200
Jan 7, 2007, 09:59 AM

At last. We've been waiting for 30th anniversary celebrations since April 1st last year!

jonharris200
Jan 7, 2007, 10:04 AM
Umm, actually £200 is around 300 euros or $400 (US).

shunpike
Jan 7, 2007, 10:11 AM
So much speculation:

That HD thing is quite clever but probably a bluff ... or is it - is jobs tricking us into thinking that HD is but isn't comming when it actually is?

iPhone maybe but i doubt it probably will come out in April, same with full screen iPod. 2GB Shuffle - YES.

16GB Nano - MAYBE

iTV dates and full specs announced - YES

A Huge let down - No

Small Letdown - Yes

By the way of the banner, who put it up, not nesaserily workmen? if it is top secret than surely it will be people who already know what it is and so are trustworthy?

Also £200 is about $400 not $600 unless the pound just climbed up by 50% to the dollar....

peharri
Jan 7, 2007, 10:24 AM
Over the past year or two, Sun Microsystems announced two major things:

1. Free software/Open Source Java
2. An 8 core CPU

The "Eclipse" thing means that Sun is overshadowing Apple.

So expect:

1. Free software/Open Source AppleScript.
2. A 7 core CPU in a Mac.

Woohoo, I think.

asphalt-proof
Jan 7, 2007, 10:32 AM

Stop being hard on him. DOn't you know that he has a super secret source that claims that Steve is going to stand on stage making balloon animals and sing Ethel Merman songs? :rolleyes:

He's just a troll intent on raining on everyone's parade.

I love this excitement and I realize that event will probably not live up to the event. But it may. And because of that 'but' I will be glued to my computer tomorrow.

ahuman7341
Jan 7, 2007, 10:45 AM

How do you do that?

Goldfinger
Jan 7, 2007, 10:51 AM
Stop being hard on him. DOn't you know that he has a super secret source that claims that Steve is going to stand on stage making balloon animals and sing Ethel Merman songs? :rolleyes:

He's just a troll intent on raining on everyone's parade.

I love this excitement and I realize that event will probably not live up to the event. But it may. And because of that 'but' I will be glued to my computer tomorrow.

Me, a troll ? Excuse me ? :rolleyes:

I have explained what I mean but you probably didn't read that post.

motulist
Jan 7, 2007, 11:05 AM
OMG!!! Macworld magazine just broke a story about the new Mac that's coming out which totally explains why the banners are black, because the new Mac is black and is backlit because of it's awesome TV and media capabilities! Check it out!!!

Black backlit Apple banners totally explained by the new Mac about to be released!!! (http://www.macworld.com/products/anniversary/20th-Anniversary-Mac.php)

skunk
Jan 7, 2007, 11:09 AM
OMG!!! Macworld magazine just broke a story about the new Mac that's coming out which totally explains why the banners are black, because the new Mac is black and is backlit because of it's awesome TV and media capabilities! Check it out!!!

Black backlit Apple banners totally explained by the new Mac about to be released!!! (http://www.macworld.com/products/anniversary/20th-Anniversary-Mac.php)

Are you mad? That came out in 1997. :confused:

Perhaps you just forgot to put in a smiley...

creador
Jan 7, 2007, 11:11 AM

Goldfinger
Jan 7, 2007, 11:12 AM
I guess that was a joke, skunk. ;)

skunk
Jan 7, 2007, 11:12 AM
Old. Fake. Been posted.

skunk
Jan 7, 2007, 11:13 AM
I guess that was a joke, skunk. ;)I hope so. :rolleyes:

motulist
Jan 7, 2007, 11:13 AM
Are you mad? That came out in 1997. :confused:

Gee, ya think? Well then that would just make my post seem like a joke, now wouldn't it. :rolleyes:

skunk
Jan 7, 2007, 11:15 AM
Gee, ya think? Well then that would just make my post seem like a joke, now wouldn't it. :rolleyes:I'm glad to hear it, but there are some pretty ridiculous things being offered up here, so it was by no means a certainty... :p

technicolor
Jan 7, 2007, 11:18 AM
I am sick of waiting and sick of unsubstantiated rumors. Also sick of waiting instead of buying a plain "old" Macbook that I so much need.

An its all your fault for indulging.

freeny
Jan 7, 2007, 11:20 AM
Whats the little sign in the lower right courner of the first photo saying "The missing sync"? in the apple booth?

Xyl
Jan 7, 2007, 11:24 AM
Whats the little sign in the lower right courner of the first photo saying "The missing sync"? in the apple booth?

I think it's a sign that we should start over analyzing photos again! :p

moesker007
Jan 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
"The Missing Sync" that sounds kind of wonderful. New macphone = sync with macs very well = the missing sync :D

sionharris
Jan 7, 2007, 11:48 AM
Quick question... this 'Keynote' thing is at 9am California time (I think). Is that when the major announcement(s) will be? I'm trying to work out whether I can get home from work in time (UK) to watch them. I seem to remember my dad had to watch them at work in 2003.

pro2type
Jan 7, 2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.markspace.com/

Goldfinger
Jan 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
Quick question... this 'Keynote' thing is at 9am California time (I think). Is that when the major announcement(s) will be? I'm trying to work out whether I can get home from work in time (UK) to watch them. I seem to remember my dad had to watch them at work in 2003.

Yup, it's scheduled from 9 to 11 a.m. San Fransisco time. Which is 18pm CET, 17pm GMT.

IJ Reilly
Jan 7, 2007, 12:13 PM
There are security guards that won't let anyone come near the booth.

You can get near it, and even walk the perimeter. I did that one year, on the Monday night before. I didn't dare bring my camera, though -- and the one entrance was guarded by a very formidable guy in black Apple t-shirt. He looked like a bar bouncer and had "don't even think about it" written all over his face. I kept moving. But I got close. :)

sionharris
Jan 7, 2007, 12:14 PM
Yup, it's scheduled from 9 to 11 a.m. San Fransisco time. Which is 18pm CET, 17pm GMT.

sweet, I'll be leaving work early then

thegoldenmackid
Jan 7, 2007, 12:23 PM
damn...this year seems to be the year of cloths at macworld....the tablet...the booths...

ChrisWB
Jan 7, 2007, 12:24 PM
As the saying goes, they brought everything but the kitchen sync.

aussie_geek
Jan 7, 2007, 12:37 PM
I just want Steve to show a brand new interface design for Leopard.

I will be very disappointed if they don't change the interface with this release.

Same. That is my main reason for wanting this keynote to start.

Do we all think we will see a final polished version of Leopard considering that Vista is so close to being released?

aussie_geek

abadr
Jan 7, 2007, 12:46 PM
How do you do that?

RSS feeds are built in on the SE P990i

Not that I'm saying you should go and buy one - it crashes ever other minute.

It will be going on ebay if a smartphone iPhone is released, if you're interested ;)

Richard Flynn
Jan 7, 2007, 12:55 PM
The tension! The drama! The crowd! The buzz! The atmosphere!!!

Chundles, I didn't expect to see a Twelfth Man reference here on the MacRumors Forums, or "Reverse PC Rumours" Forums as they're known nowadays (I'm referring to the latest CD, 'Boned').

Apologies to all who probably have no interest in understanding that reference to an Australian satirist.

C'mon, new Leopard interface. C'mon, new displays...

ahuman7341
Jan 7, 2007, 01:25 PM
RSS feeds are built in on the SE P990i

Not that I'm saying you should go and buy one - it crashes ever other minute.

It will be going on ebay if a smartphone iPhone is released, if you're interested ;)

thinking about it i went out and found a website called rmail.org that will sms me rss feeds.

I wanna know if i should try it cause there dosent seem to be a way to cancel it after macworld or ever.

Trajectory
Jan 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
I think the big new product announcement will be a whole new line of iPod Socks!

Xyl
Jan 7, 2007, 01:42 PM
I think the big new product announcement will be a whole new line of iPod Socks!

oh mi gosh!! :eek:
I can't wait!!

Martin C
Jan 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
The iPod Socks joke has been said already. It's over now.

doo-hik-ee
Jan 7, 2007, 01:56 PM
The iPod Socks joke has been said already. It's over now.

I totally agree. But you know what the big news is without a doubt, going to be? New iPod Socks!

Jan 7, 2007, 02:21 PM
I remember us getting excited over a couple covered banners at Apple Expo Paris a couple years ago. Massive dissapointment when they turned out to be for a new version of .Mac. While there seems to be a much larger number of covered banners this time around we should probably lower our expectations a notch or two. Half of them are probably for Leopard features.

abadr
Jan 7, 2007, 02:38 PM
thinking about it i went out and found a website called rmail.org that will sms me rss feeds.

I wanna know if i should try it cause there dosent seem to be a way to cancel it after macworld or ever.

Hmm no way of cancelling... let me guess, they also charge £1.50 per message? ;)

On a different note, does anyone want a dark interface for the mac as standard? Would this not be oppressive? Not saying I wouldn't like it, just stating one reason why it might not have got the go-ahead from apple HQ

Xyl
Jan 7, 2007, 02:43 PM
On a different note, does anyone want a dark interface for the mac as standard? Would this not be oppressive? Not saying I wouldn't like it, just stating one reason why it might not have got the go-ahead from apple HQ

If that's the route they're going, I'm sure they can make it not seem oppressive...after all, even if you stick a teletubbie or a fisher-price toy in a dark suit, I would doubt they look very oppressive. :p

And the current black (which is quite dark) iPods and black MacBooks don't look oppressive either...so it doesn't have to look oppressive because it's dark/uses black.

Aeolius
Jan 7, 2007, 02:44 PM
Actually, those banners aren't covered. The new look for Leopard was inspired by Spinal Tap. :D

mhuk01
Jan 7, 2007, 03:20 PM
does anyone know any sites where pictures are being posted?

DavoMrMac
Jan 7, 2007, 03:29 PM
Well, the anticipation of new goodies is really building now.

My personal hopes are for a shipping date for Leopard, an iPhone, new iPod (or maybe the new iPod will simply have phone features).

I put a little prediction up here:
http://www.wikidesign.co.uk/Geekanoids/2007/01/macworld-07-geekanoids-expectations.html

Let me know what you all think.

mhuk01
Jan 7, 2007, 03:34 PM
I get myself worked up into a little frenzy before events like this, so this year I am trying to stay calm.

That includes:

- Selling my Dual G5 on ebay - check
- Checking macrumors every 2 minutes - check
- Not revising for exams - check
- Probably going to feel let down - check

;)

I'm exactly the same with exams and coursework at the moment. Until macworld comes I can't settle to anything! Weird isn't it?! :D

Yvan256
Jan 7, 2007, 03:40 PM
http://www.apple-museum.gr.jp/museum/tenji/3d08.jpg

killr_b
Jan 7, 2007, 03:42 PM
Hey all,

Exciting Macworld this year for sure.:D

I was thinking, and now I have to toss the idea out here; what do you think about the iTV possibly being a video game console like the 360? Theoretically there isn't much difference. :eek:

DavoMrMac
Jan 7, 2007, 03:46 PM
The more I keep thinking about it, the more I think that Apple will release a new iPod, with widescreen, touchscreen etc. This would be announced right at the end of the keynote.

The "one more thing" would be "oh, and I almost forgot to mention, press this little icon on the screen of your new iPod and the display... turns into a mobile phone keypad".

Wow, now that would be good!

Peace
Jan 7, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hey all,

I was thinking, and now I have to toss the idea out here; what do you think about the iTV possibly being a video game console like the 360? Theoretically there isn't much difference. :eek:

As far-fetched as it seems I know this much.

Blizzard says that World Of Warcraft will be offline from 3AM till 11AM Pacific time January 9th.11AM is when the keynote ends.

know-it-all5
Jan 7, 2007, 03:49 PM
Hey all,

yeeeaaaaa...NOOO

The point of the ITV, in no way was meant to be a game console. It is not out to compete against xbox 360 etc. It is purely a device to get your stuff from your computer to your tv "with apple elegance" I'm sure there are other things itv does, but gaming isn't one of them. If any sort of games were available. They would be games from your ipod. i highly doubt even that. if apple is gonna go intp the gaming market, it won't be using the itv. It would be through the igame.

Manuel Moreno
Jan 7, 2007, 03:49 PM
:)

Goldfinger
Jan 7, 2007, 03:50 PM
I'm exactly the same with exams and coursework at the moment. Until macworld comes I can't settle to anything! Weird isn't it?! :D

Same here, and that's a BAD thing.

killr_b
Jan 7, 2007, 03:52 PM
Snip…It would be through the igame.

Yeah, I'm really sure they would introduce it as an iGame and give it away…

iTV is a code name.

DavoMrMac
Jan 7, 2007, 03:55 PM
There is no way that there will be an Apple console, this is not their area at all... been there, got the t-shirt.

Codename iTV will be just a streamer, maybe with added PVR functionality.

celavato
Jan 7, 2007, 03:55 PM
Something big is coming this year. Last year Apple had its hands full with the Intel transition. That transition, which was something of a lateral move, is done. Now Apple can get back to pushing boundaries. As for me, I'm hoping for LCD displays with a built-in iSight, a mobile phone (like everyone else), and my pipe dreeam -- a tiny notebook that is truly mobile -- call it the KeyNoteBook.

pdpfilms
Jan 7, 2007, 04:10 PM
Why are the pictures all showing up on Italian websites?

DavoMrMac
Jan 7, 2007, 04:13 PM
Nice photos, especially like the Motion section.

Sorry, totally off topic.

Ive
Jan 7, 2007, 04:16 PM
The graphics are the sign of a beamer for all your media.
It's the way Steve thinks, no big tv's in your room, (Steve hates tv's)
but a media that totally disappears when you don't need it.

You can sell it to every one, just like the iPod.
To gamers, or as a second tv in the bedroom.

Powered bij Frontrow 2.0 on chip, with no boot times.
Wi-fi for getting media from network mac/pc's or internet stream.
Easy remote as we know already.

Small and easy to transport.

This beamer is also a "keynote" buddy.
No wire's to connect, everyone can connect.

Apple is now moving in the Livingroom !!!

motulist
Jan 7, 2007, 04:20 PM
OMG!!! I was just sent a photo of the new iPhone!!! This is the real deal folks! I can't reveal the source of the photo, but trust me, it's real!

motulist
Jan 7, 2007, 04:23 PM
What's really funny about that image is that the iPhone rumor has been around for so long that this is actually a joke image I made for the 2006 keynote!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=222361&page=4&highlight=iPhone

jlewis2k1
Jan 7, 2007, 04:24 PM
I think this year we are going to be seeing a lot of major changes. some expected some not so expected. But, whatever apple does it will be for the better of their future. wouldn't you all agree?

ahuman7341
Jan 7, 2007, 04:48 PM
OMG!!! I was just sent a photo of the new iPhone!!! This is the real deal folks! I can't reveal the source of the photo, but trust me, it's real!

Could that source be MS Paint?

Compile 'em all
Jan 7, 2007, 05:13 PM

This one looks really real. And if it is fake then it is a very good one :D.

4JNA
Jan 7, 2007, 05:21 PM

i did get the the glossy. :mad: i no longer trust you, as i didn't love it. pretty at first, annoying as hell to use all day. got tired of waiting, so made my own. pics are HERE (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=267104).

matte finish blackbook, matte finish screen, best friends name is matt. i see a trend here... :)

abadr
Jan 7, 2007, 05:39 PM

Hehe, it is, as has been said, very bad indeed.

I have a finance exam tomorrow, then more on tuesday and wednesday and more next week.

Of course, I shall be taking time out from revision to watch the keynote. Really can't decide whether to watch the spoiler-free one or just watch the live updates on here.

Good luck with your revision

MajorMacRant
Jan 7, 2007, 06:29 PM
Of course, I shall be taking time out from revision to watch the keynote. Really can't decide whether to watch the spoiler-free one or just watch the live updates on here.

I actually took the day off from work just to follow the keynote in the live updates. I'm not sure, but I think that may be a little dysfunctional. :D

Yvan256
Jan 7, 2007, 06:38 PM
I actually took the day off from work just to follow the keynote in the live updates. I'm not sure, but I think that may be a little dysfunctional. :D

It's no worst than people who take a day off for sports events or to go play golf or something like that. And welcome to the club. :D

hokullani
Jan 7, 2007, 06:44 PM

is it just me or does it look like a candle!!

swingerofbirch
Jan 7, 2007, 06:45 PM
There's a lot of pink lighting in those pics just like the pink lighting in the supposed cell phone podium a guy took a pic of in abu dhabi.

motulist
Jan 7, 2007, 07:10 PM
Could that source be MS Paint?

Nope. But I'll give you a hint, the name of my source starts with a G, and ends in a raphicconverter.

berkleeboy210
Jan 7, 2007, 08:58 PM
The Rumor Mill has been very quiet this weekend! Either we are going to be blown away on Tuesday or not much is going to happen at all. I say its 50/50 at this point.

AppleIntelRock
Jan 7, 2007, 09:05 PM
I hope these don't turn out like the "Vista 2.0" posters. Leopard seems very insignificant.

Flowbee
Jan 7, 2007, 09:08 PM
The Rumor Mill has been very quiet this weekend!

I was just thinking the same thing. I can't believe there hasn't been a decent elevator picture yet.

AppleIntelRock
Jan 7, 2007, 09:10 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. I can't believe there hasn't been a decent elevator picture yet.
Here:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Hospital_Elevator.jpg/180px-Hospital_Elevator.jpg

caccamolle
Jan 7, 2007, 09:40 PM
what's going on here, Italy suddenly discovered the Mac ?

...about time.

Willis
Jan 7, 2007, 09:51 PM
ey! Im Italian.. dont start pulling those jokes... I'll send Antonio and the rest of the boys over if ye aint careful!

:cool:

On the note about Italians and Macs, well... whenever I go over there, the shops either have no form of computers in there, or just have some cheap ass windows boxes... which doesnt strike me as odd, because italians are the kind that dont like to spend much money if they dont have to.

Digital Skunk
Jan 7, 2007, 10:05 PM
i did get the the glossy. :mad: i no longer trust you, as i didn't love it. pretty at first, annoying as hell to use all day. got tired of waiting, so made my own. pics are HERE (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=267104).

matte finish blackbook, matte finish screen, best friends name is matt. i see a trend here... :)

Go Figure... :o I love my 15" glossy. Saw it in the store next to the matte and fell in love with it ever sense. I have used in in every light source imaginable and never had too much of a problem...Problems yes... but nothing I can't get over.

But then again... my stigmatism is the worst my optomotrist has seen :D :cool:

mi5moav
Jan 7, 2007, 10:13 PM
Though i didn't believe and Apple Phone would be launched before March, I am second guessing myself. A few weeks ago it was very easy to find info on itunes and cingular on apples site. You just went to www.itunes.com and there was a fairly large mobile itunes link well not anymore it's GONE. You can still get to the link by going www.apple.com/itunes/mobile Secondly, I am pretty much certain that Apple has some deal with T-mobile and Starbucks either regarding the ipod or the new phone. Something exciting is going on especially in Germany, but that's another story.

classof2011
Jan 7, 2007, 10:44 PM
Though i didn't believe and Apple Phone would be launched before March, I am second guessing myself. A few weeks ago it was very easy to find info on itunes and cingular on apples site. You just went to www.itunes.com and there was a fairly large mobile itunes link well not anymore it's GONE. You can still get to the link by going www.apple.com/itunes/mobile Secondly, I am pretty much certain that Apple has some deal with T-mobile and Starbucks either regarding the ipod or the new phone. Something exciting is going on especially in Germany, but that's another story.

I never saw the "mobile" part of the iTunes site. I was really hoping it was an app you can download and transfer to a RAZR V3 but I'm a little ahead :p

SiliconAddict
Jan 7, 2007, 11:17 PM
Go Figure... :o I love my 15" glossy. Saw it in the store next to the matte and fell in love with it ever sense. I have used in in every light source imaginable and never had too much of a problem...Problems yes... but nothing I can't get over.

But then again... my stigmatism is the worst my optomotrist has seen :D :cool:

Ditto. My MBP was replaced by Apple and I swapped it out with a Glossy. I'm VERY glade I made the transition. I even had both laptops for a few weeks so I could see the displays side by side. While the difference wasn't DRASTIC. I think once summer comes and I'm using the thing outside I will notice the difference.

SiliconAddict
Jan 7, 2007, 11:24 PM
I think it's a sign that we should start over analyzing photos again! :p

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65722&d=1168190572

OMG they are using RED bunting! You know what that means right?!? Apple is teaming up with Verizon!
See all those boxes there next to the rugs? I've microscopically analyzed the writing on it. They are iPhones! OMGLOL!!!!

Edit: wait a minute! I'm wrong! Apple is teaming up with Austria for something awesome! OMG! Austria manufactured iPhone! OMGOMGOMG! *brain overloads*

MikeTheC
Jan 8, 2007, 12:37 AM
I never saw the "mobile" part of the iTunes site. I was really hoping it was an app you can download and transfer to a RAZR V3 but I'm a little ahead :p

Well, I have been transferring stuff (images and sounds, basically) to my RAZR V3 via Bluetooth without issue. Of course, it isn't a "access it through iTunes" kind of deal, but it's decent enough.

As my voicemail notification, I've got the clip from Monty Python and The Holy Grail where Eric, playing a messenger character, gets hit with a message arrow dead center of the chest and says "Message for you, sir" before collapsing next to the king.

Most appropriate, I thought.

iMacZealot
Jan 8, 2007, 01:04 AM
The V3's just aren't capable of doing that. The V3 and V3i (also known as the V3r, V3t, and V3e) and other multitude of RAZRS are very different on the inside.

Fab_Fab
Jan 8, 2007, 03:50 AM
Edit: wait a minute! I'm wrong! Apple is teaming up with Austria for something awesome! OMG! Austria manufactured iPhone! OMGOMGOMG! *brain overloads*

No austrian iPhones but a new iPod like device called "iMozart". This nice little device doesn't play music you downloaded. It composes new songs everytime you want to listen something. For those who don't like classical music, there s the "iFalco" in the iPod nano form factor. :p

matticus008
Jan 8, 2007, 04:23 AM
OMG they are using RED bunting! You know what that means right?!? Apple is teaming up with Verizon!
See all those boxes there next to the rugs? I've microscopically analyzed the writing on it. They are iPhones! OMGLOL!!!!

My first instinct is that it's a (Product) Red booth.

iEdd
Jan 8, 2007, 05:07 AM
I'd say Apple have learnt from their mistakes and just letting anyone take products in elevators is a bad idea... At least not without a cavity search to make sure they don't have a camera :o :D

DavoMrMac
Jan 8, 2007, 05:30 AM
I would suspect that there are many elevators and stairs at the venue... does Apple have covers on top of their show areas. What we are all wanting is just a sneak peak.

Yes, I know it is only just over a day away, but a little sneaky image would at least give us something fresh to predict.

big_malk
Jan 8, 2007, 06:18 AM
Well, I've just got my student loan, and my phone contract is up for renewal, and MacWorld tomorrow... it must be fate :) (if the apple phone rumours out to be true)

The other day I was thinking about getting a macMini with a free view thingmy... what was I thinking!! A macMini iTV would be great, dunno if it's very likely though.

And since everyone else has said so... yes it does look like there's going to be something big this time! Or theyll look pretty stupid building all this hype over nothing.

ClimbingTheLog
Jan 8, 2007, 11:54 AM
What git took these photos and didn't have the gumption to sneak inside the Apple booth? Seriously, nobody has the skilz to do some spy work?

I hope these don't turn out like the "Vista 2.0" posters. Leopard seems very insignificant.

Jobs said that the big changes wouldn't be revealed until MWSF. That is, until after Vista can't copy them.

Oh, it doesn't matter, regardless of what's announced there are bound to be many disappointed folks on this board.

SiliconAddict
Jan 8, 2007, 12:49 PM
Jobs said that the big changes wouldn't be revealed until MWSF. That is, until after Vista can't copy them.

Vista couldn't copy them by the time WWDC came around and Jobs KNOWS IT. :rolleyes: They gold coded the thing in November. There is simply NO way in heck anything really big could go into Vista at that point and if it could whatever Apple has up their sleeve is insignificant if it can be coded, and debugged in less then 5 months when they already had their hands full. IMHO whatever these "top secret" features are they weren't ready for WWDC '06 and the easiest way to get out of saying "Sorry its not fully baked." is to blame it on MS.

DavoMrMac
Jan 8, 2007, 04:41 PM
Well I think we will get full Leopard details and it'll be fantastic in so many ways.