PDA

View Full Version : Removing Background Music?

hidea
Jan 7, 2007, 02:51 AM
hello there,

I rather have an odd request...

I'm wondering if anyone could remove the background music from an audioclip from 24.

It's an audio clip of Jack Bauer's Nextel i860 ringer.

I've tried looking the web a while back a few times but I had no luck. I've tried asking a cellphone forum for it, but they don't seem to reply at all.

The ringer is basically a monotone ringer. There's nothing fancy smancy about it. Flat out note. It does last a few seconds, but They're pretty much the same.

I cut the audio file from one of the episodes and I have it ready in a .wav format.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me remove the backgorund music noise, and seperate the ringer itself from the whole clip.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

zimv20
Jan 7, 2007, 01:52 PM
unless the frequencies of the background noises are wholly different from that of the ringtone, it can't be done. with good results, anyway.

there are a number of threads here about removing vocals from music, and the same principle applies.

apfhex
Jan 7, 2007, 02:50 PM
The ringer is basically a monotone ringer. There's nothing fancy smancy about it. Flat out note. It does last a few seconds, but They're pretty much the same.
Well, maybe you could just try and find the actual Nextel i860 ringtone somewhere. Or you know... a converted-to-WAV (or whatever) version.

Edit: 2 minutes of searching gave me this. linky (http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html)

hidea
Jan 7, 2007, 04:06 PM
those are the Cisco IP phones' rings. I ripped the .raw from the cisco phones myself.

I need the Nextel ringer, not the CTU office rings :P

Thanks anyway :)

habibbijan
Jan 12, 2007, 02:31 PM
Forget about it. Most of the time, it's like trying to remove the eggs from a fully-baked cake.

scottlinux
Jan 13, 2007, 11:54 PM
You can create the ringtone from scratch. (Or I could, if you'd want, depending on how complex the ring is.) Transcribe it and reproduce it.