PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse TD speakers Vs Soundsticks et al

dstorey
May 11, 2003, 02:18 PM
Has anyone heard or seen the Eclipse TD speakers? I saw a review of them on the DigitalHome web site and many magazines seem to be giving them rave reviews...at least the flag ship model. They have one designed for the digital studio and home PC and they look sweet. Photo here http://www.eclipse-td.co.uk/pictures/508homeuse.jpg
They even have the good taste to show them next to an Apple :) I dunno how they sound but the shape suppose to help the acoustic properties and remove the problems of boxed shaped speakers. Just a pitty they are black as white would go so much better with the Apple range, but I guess they wern't designed to go with Apple's as they arn't the biggest market.

Their web site is http://www.eclipse-td.co.uk/ Check out the amp..it looks dam cool.

springscansing
May 11, 2003, 02:47 PM
The shape is mostly there for show.. it's not really going to do anything. Just marketing stuff.

As for the sound, all computer speakers sound pretty ****ty if you ask me. I advise most people to invest in a good pair of headphones instead.

dstorey
May 11, 2003, 03:01 PM
I feel sorry for the people that have bought them if they sound crap...they are 274 each or 800 for the two and the amp. By that price and the mention of studio use, it sounds like they are more than bog standard crappy computer speakers. The bigger version for audiphile buffs are 875 each and the same again for the amp. I don't think I'll be buying any time soon ;).......

Gymnut
May 11, 2003, 03:06 PM
When it comes to computer speakers, Klipsch's Promedia line kicks mucho A$$ hands down. Go out and get one if you want to be blown away!

Klipsch Promedia 4.2, 2x Promedia SWS.

springscansing
May 11, 2003, 03:10 PM
I've heard the Promedia line and they don't sound anywhere near your average loudspeaker still. What can you expect though...

dstorey
May 11, 2003, 03:12 PM
They have an egg box (Xbox) on their home page.......urggghhhhhh enough to get me scared for life ;)