PDA

View Full Version : 12" PowerBook views and what insurance is avalible?

hill.ed
May 11, 2003, 03:32 PM
what do people think of the 12" PowerBook?

plus what sort of insurance is avalible for a laptop computer from accidental damage etc, as i dont wanna pay out for parts and labour for a small bit of damage.

iJon
May 11, 2003, 04:05 PM
well i love my powerbook, the only thing that kind of gets to me is that the left plam can get hot. other than that it is great. as for accedental damage most people just add their computer to theri home owners insurance. if you are looking for non accidental damage check out applecare, everything is covered, as long as you dont cause the problem yourself.

iJon

hill.ed
May 11, 2003, 04:14 PM
yeah, whats with the left hand side?? everone complains about it being hot? why is that?

alxths
May 11, 2003, 04:33 PM
The only thing that is really keeping me from buying a 12"er now is the L2 cache... I'm sure L3 isn't too much to ask for in the next update, right? Well, I'm hoping so anyways...

iJon
May 11, 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by hill.ed
yeah, whats with the left hand side?? everone complains about it being hot? why is that?
thats where the hard drive is, go it gets a little toasty, not bad though.

iJon

bellis1
May 12, 2003, 11:03 AM
The left palm area does get warm. But it is really not too big of a deal. My only complaint is that the d*amn rubber feet are falling off of mine. I have one foot left which is kind a hassle because it does not sit flat anymore. I also have not figured out the best glue to put them back on. And should I really need to put glue on my new powerbook. If I did not need to use the computer as often as I do I would send it back and make apple figure out how to put the rubber feet back on. And I have not been abusing this computer. It does seem very solid though.

jxyama
May 12, 2003, 12:54 PM
Man, so many people losing the rubber feet and asking about how to put it back on... Use some common sense and think for yourself, eh? PB 12" is a computer, yes, but the rubber feet is just that: a piece of rubber glued on a plastic mold on an Al case.

I used Superglue. Now it won't come off again.

Superglue has nice property that it works best if you apply a very thin amount. So if you are worried about ruining your PB (I can't see how, but anyway...) apply a very thin layer, align the notch and there you go.