PDA

View Full Version : xBench on 1Ghz eMac

DakotaGuy
May 11, 2003, 04:42 PM
Hey I am very interested in buying a new eMac 1Ghz Combo. I was curious how it benchmarks next to the 17" iMac, but I can't find any submitted xBench scores on the new eMac yet. The only ones posted are the 700 and 800 models. Anyone have one that they would bench? It is not a big deal...I would just be curious to see a similar configured eMac against an iMac.

maracz
May 11, 2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
Hey I am very interested in buying a new eMac 1Ghz Combo. I was curious how it benchmarks next to the 17" iMac, but I can't find any submitted xBench scores on the new eMac yet. The only ones posted are the 700 and 800 models. Anyone have one that they would bench? It is not a big deal...I would just be curious to see a similar configured eMac against an iMac.

The eMac will be slightly faster. Perhaps alot faster in games. Due to it's superiors graphics card.

I'd consider buying an iBook though unles you really need a G4.

DakotaGuy
May 11, 2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by maracz
The eMac will be slightly faster. Perhaps alot faster in games. Due to it's superiors graphics card.

I already have a nice 1 1/2 year old iBook, was more interested in replacing my 3+ year old iMac DV.

QCassidy352
May 12, 2003, 11:52 PM

you think the emac has a better graphics card? Even if you like the Radeon 7500 over the GeForce4 MX, with 64 megs of VRAM the imac should toast the emac as far as graphics cards go.

They both have front side buses of 133, 1 ghz G4 processers, and up to 1 gig of RAM. I would imagine that they would come out very close to each other in performance except that it will be the imac, not the emac, that should pull ahead in graphics intensive games.

maracz
May 13, 2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by QCassidy352
you think the emac has a better graphics card? Even if you like the Radeon 7500 over the GeForce4 MX, with 64 megs of VRAM the imac should toast the emac as far as graphics cards go.

They both have front side buses of 133, 1 ghz G4 processers, and up to 1 gig of RAM. I would imagine that they would come out very close to each other in performance except that it will be the imac, not the emac, that should pull ahead in graphics intensive games.

I was refering to the 15" model.

MacsRgr8
May 13, 2003, 09:54 AM
Yep, the Radeon 7500 is slightly faster than the GeForce 2 MX, not much though.

Datazoid
May 13, 2003, 10:41 AM
I was refering to the 15" model.
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
I was curious how it benchmarks next to the 17" iMac
:D