PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cramer (Mad Money) Smashes a Zune

MacBytes
Jan 7, 2007, 07:02 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Videos
Link: Jim Cramer (Mad Money) Smashes a Zune (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20070107200236)
Description:: “Now, do you know ANYONE, anyone in the WORLD… who would buy a Zune over an iPod?” - Jim Cramer

Jim Cramer (from The Street and the CNBC show Mad Money) smashing a Microsoft Zune with a bat. You’ll need to scroll in about 2:25 or so, to the point where you see him put on eye goggles and a hard hat (something he did not do for the other smashed items, such as the Sony Discman. What did he think would happen?).

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Hummer
Jan 7, 2007, 07:18 PM
I saw this when it aired. Made me want to buy a couple shares.

synth3tik
Jan 7, 2007, 07:56 PM
truth be told, every other quarter when I get my employee stock purchase I ususally take at least half and invest in Apple.

The point is correct, unlike most companies in the tech market Apple creates full enviroments, also would Microsoft get as much fanfare as Apple gets everytime there is a MacWorld expo or a WWDC?:cool:

Silentwave
Jan 7, 2007, 08:45 PM
That was beautiful....absolutely beautiful.
I knew that guy was cool :D

Rocketman
Jan 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
Jim Cramer's #1 quote is "growth is like crack to Wall Street".

#2 is buy "best of breed".

Apple is his #2 recommendation for 2007 out of 4000 stocks.

Rocketman

chuckles:)
Jan 7, 2007, 10:14 PM
now would be a bad time to buy apple stock, the company is doing well and attracting attention. the stock would have been a good buy in lets say... 1996, when apple was at its lowest point.

ShiggyMiyamoto
Jan 7, 2007, 11:30 PM
Hahahahaha f00king pwnage. I've always hated the Zune, mainly for its software configuration etc. The device itself is well crafted I think, but they cripple the fook out of it with the software implementation...

Anywho, awesome video.

lord patton
Jan 7, 2007, 11:34 PM
now would be a bad time to buy apple stock, the company is doing well and attracting attention. the stock would have been a good buy in lets say... 1996, when apple was at its lowest point.

Then again, the growth potential of Macs is for real, but underappreciated.

1) Apple retail stores are more profitable per sqare foot than Tiffany's.
2) Mac have double digit growth, whereas the US PC market was FLAT this last quarter.
3) Mac portables are selling way, way above market share to college students (i.e. expanding, influential customer base)

I don't see how the Mac fails to double (DOUBLE!!) it's US market share in 5-7 years. And from there prospects are only higher, as resistance to getting a Mac (a very real social insanity) fades.

But I could be wrong. I know Macs are growing, but that doesn't mean Apple's P/E is justified. And I buy mutual fund index stocks, so don't listen to me.

Pikemann Urge
Jan 8, 2007, 06:08 AM
I won't say that Apple shares won't appreciate. However, the best time to have bought them was years ago. As much as I love the company I wouldn't buy any shares now (unless I was very rich - after all it would be quite cool to own them).

Besides, I don't think they pay dividends. I never buy shares that don't pay dividends unless it's for pure speculation. Share price is important when you buy them. After that it should be more or less irrelevant.

And I don't see why Apple can't double its market share within a year from now. People are infatuated with laptops which will contribute heavily to this goal. They are not to my taste but the potential market is huge. If only they'd go after the budget laptop market. They'd kill everything in sight.

Killyp
Jan 8, 2007, 06:18 AM
Hahahahaha f00king pwnage. I've always hated the Zune, mainly for its software configuration etc. The device itself is well crafted I think, but they cripple the fook out of it with the software implementation...

Anywho, awesome video.

Funny that! The only part of the Zune made and really, designed by Microsoft is the software :rolleyes:

The hardware isn't too bad though, in fact it's quite good. I think the iPod has the edge, having held the Zune already (friend's got an imported one), I know which I would prefer to have in my pocket. Also, the Zune sounds pretty pants in comparison to the iPod (the current series of iPods sound fantastic).