PDA

View Full Version : Did my upgrade to iTunes 7 kill my Nano?

basil
Jan 8, 2007, 03:16 PM
Or was it the switch to the new pc?

I have the 1st gen Nano. Received it for Christmas '05...downloaded iTunes 6...everything was great. This Christmas ( '06 ) we bought a new computer. I downloaded iTunes 7 , of course...because that's what is currently available from the website. I was so happy because my my library collection started loading and I didn't even know how that happened! :o So now I have a new pc, an upgraded iTunes with my music and I'm happy. Until.....I go to connect my Nano to the pc to charge the battery ( I opened iTunes first. ).....nothing. :eek: The Nano doesn't show up in iTunes and the screen is blank. I panicked after about 10 min. of nothing and disconnected it. Hold button was not on. I tried resetting...nothing. I plugged it into the old computer that has the iTunes 6...nothing. No recognition and still a blank screen. It's dead. My daughter has the 1st gen shuffle and I'm afraid to connect it to the new pc for fear it will kill it, too. Ideas, thoughts, comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated? Thanks for reading this.
Lisa :(

Eraserhead
Jan 8, 2007, 04:01 PM
neither seem likely, does Windows detect the iPod as new hardware? (notifications in the bottom right) It might simply be out of battery too, try plugging it into a USB mains adapter or hub if you can...

basil
Jan 8, 2007, 11:36 PM
neither seem likely, does Windows detect the iPod as new hardware? (notifications in the bottom right)
No

It might simply be out of battery too, try plugging it into a USB mains adapter or hub if you can...
I don't have an adapter for it. I always charged it on the pc. I don't know what/where the hub is. Thanks.

Eraserhead
Jan 10, 2007, 11:27 AM
No

I don't have an adapter for it. I always charged it on the pc. I don't know what/where the hub is. Thanks.

A hub is 65968.

Does it display a sad iPod? Or the low battery indicator (a battery icon + a warning?) See this link (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61771) to Apple.com/support for more.