PDA

View Full Version : Combining 2-CD albums

Howard Brazee
Jan 8, 2007, 07:12 PM
What's the best way to tell iTunes/iPod to treat a two-CD album as one album?

balamw
Jan 8, 2007, 07:15 PM
Select all the tracks from disc 1, Get Info and tag them disc 1 of 2

Select all the tracks from disc 2, Get Info and tag them disc 2 of 2

Now select all the tracks and make sure the Album and Artist tag is the same for all the tracks.

B

BenHoleton
Jan 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
Just erase the (disc 1) and (disc 2)

balamw
Jan 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
Just erase the (disc 1) and (disc 2)

Yeah, but if the disc 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 tags are not populated you won't be able to play the two CDs in the right sequence, so make sure of that first.

B

zephead
Jan 8, 2007, 08:44 PM
I have the Led Zeppelin album Physical Graffiti, which is a double album. The way I tell iTunes that it's one album is like this: All the tracks' album name is "Physical Graffiti" (no disc 1 or 2 in the album title). Disc 1 is 6 tracks, and Disc 2 is 9 tracks, so in all the tracks I make them 1 of 15, 2 of 15, etc., but 1 of 15 through 6 of 15 are all marked as disc 1 of 2, and tracks 7 of 15 through 15 of 15 are marked as disc 2 of 2.

balamw
Jan 8, 2007, 11:59 PM
The way I tell iTunes that it's one album is like this:
Wow, talk about belt and suspenders.

B

shunpike
Jan 9, 2007, 09:03 AM
select them all click get info - continue past the warning - edit name to (insert name here) and then finish - you casn select each part of the album andd add them as different disks too, if u want! :)

Howard Brazee
Jan 9, 2007, 04:59 PM
The first thing I did when I read this was figure out how to rename my files - and I renamed a typo (Janis Joplin did not sing "Trues Me").

I have some other files that have names on my hard drive, but iTunes named them Track 01, Track 02, etc.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jan 9, 2007, 05:11 PM
I mostly treat them as one album with disc 1:2 and 2:2 in the Disc # field(s) and then, if they have specific sub-titles, like Smashing Pumpkin's "Mellon Collie..." where the first CD is titled "Dawn to Dusk" and the other "Twilight to Starlight" or, the more recent RHCP's album "Stadium Arcadium" which is divided into "Jupiter" and "Mars", I use the Grouping tag for the subtitle.

On boxes with more than two discs I mostly** split into the different subtitles in the Album field (but still use the Disc # in addition, just in case I change my mind later... ;)).

**One exception is The Clash' "Sandinista" triple album...