PDA

View Full Version : Live MacWorld coverage on Bloomberg TV?

bignumbers
Jan 9, 2007, 07:33 AM
This just popped up on my Tivo (I have a standing wishlist for MacWorld):

Today 1/9, 12:00pm EST (when the keynote starts), a program called In Focus. This is a regular program. The topic is "MacWorld kicks off." No idea what they have planned.

Channel 353 on DirecTV.

yagran
Jan 9, 2007, 07:42 AM
is there an internet tv link for this channel? :confused:

bignumbers
Jan 9, 2007, 07:52 AM
is there an internet tv link for this channel? :confused:

http://www.bloomberg.com/tvradio/tv/ then click Launch Video Player. It's a Windows Media stream. With Flip4Mac installed I'm getting the video, but no audio.

bignumbers
Jan 9, 2007, 08:03 AM
Steve is often interviewed on CNBC following a keynote. I don't see anything scheduled, but not sure if there would be. They have some pre-event coverage, nothing beyond the speculation we've seen elsewhere.

CNN just mentioned MacWorld, with the buzz Steve will announce the phone. Their phrasing was also clearly speculation, don't think they have anything we haven't heard, they're probably using MacRumors as their source. :-)

bignumbers
Jan 9, 2007, 08:09 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=161940490

Speculation: No Phone announcement, but big announcement to be the "MacBook Thin."

I couldn't get the video to play in Safari, but Firefox was fine.

shecky
Jan 9, 2007, 08:11 AM
:::: sighs :::

i miss the days when c|net used to cover it live on cable. much better to watch it on TV than in front of a 1st generation broadband connection with dropouts, etc.

dalvin200
Jan 9, 2007, 08:16 AM
:::: sighs :::

i miss the days when c|net used to cover it live on cable. much better to watch it on TV than in front of a 1st generation broadband connection with dropouts, etc.

there's always the QT stream a few hours later tho

Embed
Jan 9, 2007, 08:48 AM
i hear there are sites you can pay for to view the keynote as it happenes, is this true???:confused: