PDA

View Full Version : Live Macworld Keynote Coverage

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

MacRumors
Jan 9, 2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Macworld Expo kicks off today with Steve Job's Keynote Speech which starts at 9am Pacific. Hundredes are lined up waiting for the event to start. MacRumors.com will provide live coverage (http://www.macrumors.com) with near real-time photos. The main site will be redirected to the coverage site when the time comes.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/keynoteline.jpg

imacdaddy
Jan 9, 2007, 09:12 AM
Thank You MacRumors! I don't need to go to Engadget for photos!

pdpfilms
Jan 9, 2007, 09:13 AM
Will there be photos from the keynote itself? Or just after on the main floor...

Dagless
Can't wait :) new iPod money is ready!

belovedmonster
I cant make up my mind if I want to watch the live updates or go for a spoiler free viewing of the quicktime later today. :confused: :confused:

shecky
how are photos going to work? inline with the posts on macrumorslive? separate links? the past few years macrumorslive has been by far the best coverage with the fastest updates and fewest server drops. i hope the photos do not change that :)

looking forward to it!

acircularmotive
Jan 9, 2007, 09:14 AM
*rocks back and forth in anticipation* :)

Starship77
I just wish I could be threre... :(

ikarus79m
I'll for sure wait for the Quicktime Stream. How long does it usually take until it comes online?

mi5moav
Boy Apple sure was able to zip peoples lips this year. The WSJ leaks are probably from paramount and cingular but not even a peep from the boys at the orchard.

kfury77
Jan 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
i'm really too excited. please release Apple iTV. Thats what I want more than anything.

dalvin200
Jan 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
*rocks back and forth in anticipation* :)

i think you need to visit the loo my friend, before something terrible happens.. lol!!

Applespider
Jan 9, 2007, 09:16 AM
Will the pics be optional on the mobile phone version of the site?

miketcool
CES: Sandisk has a 4inch wireless-share player out now, I can't wait for something in the Apple camp to spank it.

bourdieu
The second best thing to being there.

Wonder if there are going to be pictures from the keynote...?

And when will the online apple store shut down :-)

sketchy
are any cable channels covering this?

Mr_Ed
I'm looking forward to having pictures with the reporting. I think it will add a whole new dimension to my usual "sneak peaks" at the reporting while at work :D

sluthy
I don't think I can make it, I've been half falling asleep all day, and it's 1:15am. The keynote starts at 3, and runs 'til 5. Bugger it, sorry guys, I'm piking. I expect to wake up 8-9ish to five/six new threads, and for each of those threads to already be ~294 pages long. :D

Here's hoping for updated MBPs! (oh, and all that iTV/iPhone stuff for you lot that care)

~Shard~
Jan 9, 2007, 09:18 AM
Very much looking forward to the coverage here on MacRumors. Thanks in advance to the MacRumors Staff for going to so much effort to ensure MacRumors members are going to be as informed as possible as quickly as possible. :cool:

codycartoon
Jan 9, 2007, 09:19 AM
hmm... I guess it is too late to go to bed now...

-cody

grafikat
Jan 9, 2007, 09:19 AM
waiting - waiting - waiting - waiting - waiting - waiting - waiting - waiting -

nathanj
Jan 9, 2007, 09:20 AM
I've been wating since last year for this. Last year I was still getting into macs and some guy told me about macrumors on this day last year and I couldnt get enough!!!!!

NOW I'M READY! I've been waiting for this day for so long and today is going to be great!!!!!

MontanaMacster
Huge buzz on network tv news about Macworld this morning. "What will apple release?"

devman
I don't think I can make it, I've been half falling asleep all day, and it's 1:15am. The keynote starts at 3, and runs 'til 5. Bugger it, sorry guys, I'm piking. I expect to wake up 8-9ish to five/six new threads, and for each of those threads to already be ~294 pages long. :D

Here's hoping for updated MBPs! (oh, and all that iTV/iPhone stuff for you lot that care)

aw dude, c'mon. the night is still a foetus...

fluidinclusion
Jan 9, 2007, 09:21 AM
Boy Apple sure was able to zip peoples lips this year. The WSJ leaks are probably from paramount and cingular but not even a peep from the boys at the orchard.

That's because there is nothing ready to show. :(

worldwearyeyes
Jan 9, 2007, 09:21 AM

What will the mobile url be? Still wap.macrumors.com?

rubberduck007
Jan 9, 2007, 09:22 AM
I hear Mac Guy and PC Guy will be on stage! Anyone else heard this rumour?

Tinlad
Jan 9, 2007, 09:22 AM
When I got my first Mac last year, I didn't realise how excited I'd get, and how much time I'd lose, to Keynotes.:p

dalvin200
Jan 9, 2007, 09:23 AM
I hear Mac Guy and PC Guy will be on stage! Anyone else heard this rumour?

yeah, steve will have bill by the horns :p

Sandfleaz
Jan 9, 2007, 09:24 AM
I think the Mac Guy and PC Guy should do the whole presentation! :D

Kid Red
Jan 9, 2007, 09:28 AM
Seriously, who are the 12 idiots that voted negative on a post about live coverage and the start time of the convention? It doesn't really even have an opinion based storyline. I just don't understand how some vote negative on certain stories. Maybe PC folks drop by and hit negative, or some mac users just have bad attitudes and hot negative? I really have always hated the vote feature on macrumors.

shunpike
Jan 9, 2007, 09:29 AM
Hey MacRumors Admin, your hyperlink should be pointing to http://www.macrumorslive.com/ no? It's pointing to www.macrumors.com

good point - but arn does say that macrumors will auto redirect to macrumorslive so maybe not so big a problem - probs the excitement!

rubberduck007
I think the Mac Guy and PC Guy should do the whole presentation! :D

Trouble is Mac Guy will have started before PC Guy! lol

Stella

Whats the url for the mobile version?

macOSX-tastic
Jan 9, 2007, 09:30 AM
from my experience, trying to watch the keynote during the first 12 - 24 hours after rthe keynote is darn frustrating and near useless because so many are trying to watch it. quicktime always seems to time out.

i'll be running errands during the keynote in the car, so ill try to keep up to date. im not too bothered about hardware as i cant really afford anything right now haha! software interests me though, so we shall see what that brings!

also, dimly hoping for TV shows and or movies coming to the itunes store in the UK.

S

jrbsman
Jan 9, 2007, 09:30 AM
Come join some of us for a live chat in iChat in the macrumors group.

For those of you who have never joined a chat before, just load iChat, click File->Go to chat..., and type in macrumors.

There will be a few of us on there

jellomizer
Jan 9, 2007, 09:32 AM
Everyone is hoping for the next Huge thing today...

I wouldn't be suprised if it is just more info on Leapord, iTV.

I hope I am proven wrong. But I just don't think the iPhone will be that great.

dalvin200
Jan 9, 2007, 09:33 AM

For those of you who have never joined a chat before, just load iChat, click File->Go to chat..., and type in macrumors.

cool!!! is this video chat or text chat?

Macula
I wonder whether SJ will present the entire keynote, or whether we will have substitutions during the game, as we did at WWDC2006.

Creibold
I didn't need to drink my coffee this morning. Macworld should be sold and branded as an energy Drink!! :p

NorCalLights
What will the mobile url be? Still wap.macrumors.com?

Wow... did not know about that feature. I'm totally going to use it on my Treo from now on.

miketcool
Jan 9, 2007, 09:34 AM
As everyone gets excited, for Cupertino Claus to come down the 'net and bring us Apple goodies weve been hinting about, I wanted to reminisce on my favorite rumor of the past year.

Even though this turned out to be completely coincidental, it was hilarious for awhile and made us all wonder what kinda brownies Mrs. Claus was giving to Cupertino Claus.

http://www.ps3informer.com/playstation-3/images/apple-ps3-1.jpg

It won't be so funny after th Keynote when a Apple's livingroom device debuts with a Sony logo on it, will it?

shecky
Jan 9, 2007, 09:34 AM
ohhh! the macrumorslive page just clicked over from a static placeholder to a 1 minute refreshing page with a countdown. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooo.

dalvin200
Jan 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
can someone confirm how long the keynote will be? i've heard several places say 2 hours?

RichP
Jan 9, 2007, 09:36 AM

Agreed. By now, we usually have a real solid "leak" about something being released. This year, its essentially all guesswork (both educated and non-educated)

:D Here's to an Apple Smartphone!

uNext
Oh my god the anticipation is a force i am not coping with right now.

Come on 12:00 O'Clock

i plan on buying the apple phone to resell (I know it will be a hot seller)
i want to buy the "ITV" for myself
i want wireless N airport express
If a new ipod comes out i will buy to resell it

Come on apple, I have some stocks with you and I plan on making more money by selling stuff on ebay
today is a big day for apple and for me depending on todays outcome
it can signify nice money rolling in my way.

Dont let me down apple steve do your job

Porchland
AAPL up $1.30 already today. It's gonna be a wild ride!

uNext
Jan 9, 2007, 09:38 AM
AAPL up $1.30 already today. It's gonna be a wild ride!

Im in the money :D

markfc
Jan 9, 2007, 09:39 AM
Woo hoo...give me photos in my heart keep me......

icloud
Jan 9, 2007, 09:39 AM
YOU WIN THIS ROUND VISA!!!!
*sigh*

Mal
Jan 9, 2007, 09:40 AM
You know, I was going to wait and watch the keynote stream live (I love watching Steve present stuff that I've never seen or heard about before), but I think with photos this will be worth it. I'll be in class, hopefully it won't cripple my ability to pay attention, but it's a digital media class, so maybe they'll be just as interested.

jW

markfc
Jan 9, 2007, 09:41 AM
I wanna see black glossy Leopard GUI!

BornAgainMac
I wonder what it is like standing in line for the keynote with all that excitment. I bet people start lining up on Monday. It must be exciting to be there in person. I wish they can have the keynote on primetime TV or perhaps CNN makes it a "live" news event like the president speaking.

gloss
This is gonna be fun.

FleurDuMal
Jan 9, 2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry if this has been asked, but when will this start in UK time? :o

Porchland
Jan 9, 2007, 09:42 AM
Im in the money :D

Yeah, my 20 shares will be working extra hard today! LOL!

Just for kicks, I may watch the live AAPL ticker on Yahoo! Finance during the keynote.

Mal
Jan 9, 2007, 09:43 AM
I wonder what it is like standing in line for the keynote with all that excitment. I bet people start lining up on Monday. It must be exciting to be there in person. I wish they can have the keynote on primetime TV or perhaps CNN makes it a "live" news event like the president speaking.

I think my friend that's there said he'd get in line about 9:00AM today, so it's not quite like that. There were probably a few people in line as soon as they could get in this morning (7:00AM or so?), but no one from last night. The Moscone Center wouldn't allow that probably anyways.

jW

princealfie
Jan 9, 2007, 09:44 AM
Can I get an iPod with bigger screen? :)

Flowbee
MacRumors is saving me the the couple hundred dollars I would have spent to attend the Keynote this year. Thanks! :)

acircularmotive

5.00 PM ;)

jhande
Jan 9, 2007, 09:45 AM

17:00 GMT, or 1.25 hours from now (with 'now' being 15:45 London time).

Creibold
US online Apple Store is still up.

uNext
Yeah, my 20 shares will be working extra hard today! LOL!

Just for kicks, I may watch the live AAPL ticker on Yahoo! Finance during the keynote.

Ohh you know the shares we hold with apple will go up.

The american express is loaded and ready to go. Just waiting for the o.k from MR.Jobs

Peace
Jan 9, 2007, 09:47 AM
can someone confirm how long the keynote will be? i've heard several places say 2 hours?

It is scheduled ( like last year ) for 2 hours.9AM-11AM PST.Might be 1-1/2 or 3!..With all the rumored stuff this might go till 12.Who knows.But i'd guess 2 hrs.

dobbin
Jan 9, 2007, 09:48 AM
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6244705.stm) are reporting the rumour hype and also linking to MACRUMORS from the news story!!! Well done Auntie.

Porchland
Jan 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
US online Apple Store is still up.

Apple.com's pages are loading really slow right now, and the West Coast hasn't even got to work yet!

Zwhaler
Jan 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
I'll for sure wait for the Quicktime Stream. How long does it usually take until it comes online?

Me too. It's what I always do. It'll be nice to go in fresh.

longofest
Jan 9, 2007, 09:51 AM
Will there be photos from the keynote itself? Or just after on the main floor...

Both

stevecoda
Jan 9, 2007, 09:51 AM
This is like Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - I half Expect Steve Wonka Jobs to appear with a limp...

cxny
Jan 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
I wish I could wander over to Apple Soho to watch. I remember Jobs announce the first iPod on the satellite feed - didn't seem so earth shattering at the time but exciting none the less but I picked one up (and some AAPL as well!)

shecky
Jan 9, 2007, 09:54 AM
ahhh a photo on the macrumors live site. cool. pretty small pic so i guess it wont kill the bandwidth.

Warbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 09:55 AM
Well, I know that I'll be on a train heading to school while this is all happening, but I should be able to sit down in front of a computer at some point and check what they released.

Hopefully there'll even be something that I'll buy right then on the spot, too.

FriarTuck
Jan 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
Is there an official MacRumors MacWorld Keynote drinking game?

if not, let's get one going. I'll start...

*Every time Steve says "boom"
*Every time Steve says "cool"
*Every time Steve says "proud"
*If Phil Shiller appears on iChat, one drink
*If Phil Shiller waves when appearing on iChat, two drinks

aleck
Jan 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
Me too. It's what I always do. It'll be nice to go in fresh.

Are you two kiddin' yourselfes? :)

You will actually disconnect from the Internet for the entire day, not watch TV news, not speak to your friends whom will call you to chat up etc.

Just surrender, resistance is futile. :cool:

Porchland
Jan 9, 2007, 09:57 AM
Gees, AAPL is cooking -- up another $.50 in the last 15 minutes. It's up $1.80 since trading opened about 45 minutes ago.

EDIT:

Wow. Ten minutes later, and it's up $2.00 for the day. It's already done half it's average daily volume in only an hour of trading.

RichP
Jan 9, 2007, 09:58 AM
I wish I could wander over to Apple Soho to watch. I remember Jobs announce the first iPod on the satellite feed - didn't seem so earth shattering at the time but exciting none the less but I picked one up (and some AAPL as well!)

Im debating if I should head to Manhattan and keep tabs on macrumors there, in case there is an "immediate release"

vendettabass
Jan 9, 2007, 09:58 AM
frairTuck - I'm with you!! 1 hour 1 minute boys!

brepublican
Jan 9, 2007, 09:59 AM
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6244705.stm) are reporting the rumour hype and also linking to MACRUMORS from the news story!!! Well done Auntie.

Yeah just saw that. Ain't it amazing? Ha ha, I dont think there has ever been this much hype about a MWSF ever :eek:

Arcus
Jan 9, 2007, 09:59 AM
Less than an hour. !!

hanoimac
Jan 9, 2007, 10:00 AM
Goshhhh, the Hanoi' Apple store is down, ....just kidding!

Saint Steve, i don't ask much, just bring me my new phone..

blahhh, blahhh...

dobbin
Jan 9, 2007, 10:01 AM
Gees, AAPL is cooking -- up another $.50 in the last 15 minutes. It's up $1.80 since trading opened about 45 minutes ago.

The price usually goes up with the rumours and down again with the actual news :mad:

sweet160
yeah, steve will have bill by the horns :p

hilarious :D

I can just see it happen when I close my eyes :D

dextertangocci

Near real time photos of the keynote:)

BTW, why are the avatars not disabled?

Aeolius
I would hate to own Apple stock today, if their new phone is not announced. Every news site has run a story on its release.

Warbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 10:02 AM
Im debating if I should head to Manhattan and keep tabs on macrumors there, in case there is an "immediate release"

I might be leaving classes early today if there is something that I absolutely want so I can go to Michigan Ave. and pick up the new crack.

MrCrowbar

Yay, I'm in. I'll be warming up watching iTunes visualizer and drink everytime the Apple logo appears. :-)

Seriously tho, people do that on parties. Then they all like Apple a little more than before but can't remember why. :p

acircularmotive

Amen to that. :cool:

Warbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 10:03 AM
I would hate to own Apple stock today, if their new phone is not announced. Every news site has run a story on its release.

I'd sell something like a quarter of it or so right before the keynote started.

kevinoneill
Jan 9, 2007, 10:08 AM
How long after the KeyNote starts can we expect to be able to view the feed live from Apple.com?

SiliconAddict
Jan 9, 2007, 10:08 AM
Hmmm I think I'm going to go grab lunch at 11...little early but by the time I get back there should be some good content to read up on. :cool:

I wonder if we will ever get live video from someone other then Apple? Prob have to wait for Internet2 and its bandwidth for that. :P

brepublican
Jan 9, 2007, 10:10 AM
Near real time photos of the keynote:)

BTW, why are the avatars not disabled?

I think they expanded the servers for this keynote, I know there was talk of that earlier last month or something... so everything should just work :)

quigleybc
Jan 9, 2007, 10:10 AM
oh please come out with a 12 inch MBP....

I've been saving for months now....and the $$ in my sig is just what I saved from cigs, that doesn't include other funds....like selling my old stuff....COME ON !! 12 inches of love !

Starship77
Jan 9, 2007, 10:11 AM
49 minutes to go...

Warbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 10:11 AM
How long after the KeyNote starts can we expect to be able to view the feed live from Apple.com?

No live feed. It'll be a recorded Quicktime stream. Should be up an hour or so after the keynote

Warbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 10:12 AM
oh please come out with a 12 inch MBP....

I've been saving for months now....and the $$ in my sig is just what I saved from cigs, that doesn't include other funds....like selling my old stuff....COME ON !! 12 inches of love !

I think you'll have to keep on waiting for that to come out...

Rocketman
Jan 9, 2007, 10:13 AM
how are photos going to work? inline with the posts on macrumorslive? separate links? the past few years macrumorslive has been by far the best coverage with the fastest updates and fewest server drops. i hope the photos do not change that :)

looking forward to it!

I agree. This is a must-have site for remote-site news on Stevenotes.

There are occasional typos! :)

Rocketman

uNext
Jan 9, 2007, 10:14 AM
Is Like Macworld Is Bigger Then Christmas Now A Days

mtrctyjoe
Why are all the stores still up?

brepublican
I'd sell something like a quarter of it or so right before the keynote started.

You'd lose a lot of money, cos its gonna be waaay up after the keynote :rolleyes:

dlastmango
Jan 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
Im in the Czech Republic and going crazy... lets go lets go lets go.

Man this was a tough trip, First i had to watch the Gators Win Big /2am till 7am local time and now the Keynote at 6pm local

thank you slingbox and thank you MacRumors... and as always. THANK YOU APPLE

Sam0r
Only 45 minutes to go!:eek:

DarkNetworks
Why is the Apple Store not down? Usually it does rite?

Archmagination
Jan 9, 2007, 10:16 AM
FYI- Rumors are flying right now that Cingular will be the Apple's Phone carrier. Also Viacom is now rumored to have joined the Itunes Movie Store.

RichP
Jan 9, 2007, 10:16 AM
Have they powered up the RDF yet?

mtrctyjoe
Jan 9, 2007, 10:17 AM

Not sure why... but all still up!

Peace
The US Apple store should go down right before the keynote starts.

DarkNetworks
Not sure why... but all still up!

I've checked. Does this mean whatsoever that'll be keynoted is not ready for shipping?

Arcus

Im feeling kinda warm inside so Id say yes.

macphin
Jan 9, 2007, 10:18 AM

Maybe because everything they introduce today, will be available in a Q2-Q4 2007 :)

DarkNetworks
Jan 9, 2007, 10:19 AM
The US Apple store should go down right before the keynote starts.

Possible...Possible...

han_solo94
Jan 9, 2007, 10:19 AM
Right, how can I explain to my girlfriend that I want to stay at work so I don't miss anything on the way home? This is my first MW Keynote with her. Not sure if she'll understand! Though I have completely converted her to Mac's and she asked me when the Keynote was and will anything good come out! That made me love her that little bit more!

cxny
Jan 9, 2007, 10:20 AM

EDIT:

Wow. Ten minutes later, and it's up $2.00 for the day. It's already done half it's average daily volume in only an hour of trading.

Sell now it always drops after the Keynote - "buy on the rumor sell on the news"

imacdaddy
Jan 9, 2007, 10:20 AM

Can anyone at the keynote with their Macbooks do a live iChat video conference with me? :D

Warbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 10:21 AM
You'd lose a lot of money, cos its gonna be waaay up after the keynote :rolleyes:

Yea, because you haven't realized that the stock drops after keynotes because people get all puffed up about rumors that don't become truth.

raisedEdge
The US Apple Store or others won't go down until right before the Keynote begins. We still have 40 minutes.

Warbrain
Possible...Possible...

No, it will go down right before the keynote. Always does.

DarkNetworks
Jan 9, 2007, 10:22 AM
Endured the rain and strong wind to get home for the Live Keynote. Here am I.

raisedEdge
Strike that, the Espana store is DOWN

Clive At Five
I think I speak for everyone when I say,

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

:D

-Clive

markfc
Jan 9, 2007, 10:23 AM
UK store....still up.

I want my damn iPhone.iTalk,iChat mobile already!

QuarterSwede
US & UK store down

han_solo94

UK too!!!!

MattQiu
apple store down:cool:

Peace
US store is down

arkitect
UK Store is down...

Sam0r
Jan 9, 2007, 10:24 AM

UK Store down too :D :D :D :D

raisedEdge
Us Down

markfc
Holy Moly, UK Store is down!

shecky
wow. US store is down 40 minutes before the keynote. thats a lot earlier than usual. maybe we ARE in for some big stuff that they needed extra time to get onto the store :)

AndyR
Right, how can I explain to my girlfriend that I want to stay at work so I don't miss anything on the way home? This is my first MW Keynote with her. Not sure if she'll understand! Though I have completely converted her to Mac's and she asked me when the Keynote was and will anything good come out! That made me love her that little bit more!

Don't worry mate. My misses laughed at me last year for watching it but this year she wants to watch it with me tomorrow! I can't wait now, so much so that my 37" HDTV that got delivered today is staying in its box until the keynote is over :D

DarkNetworks
So goes the Japan Store!

Chris Grande
The storeis down.. I repeat the store is DOWN. We are going to MacCON TWO

SiliconAddict
Is Like Macworld Is Bigger Then Christmas Now A Days

Only for rabid Mac users, and the average enthusiast. :p :D

dlastmango
UK store....still up.

I want my damn iPhone.iTalk,iChat mobile already!

UK is down

Sam0r
Jan 9, 2007, 10:25 AM
Don't worry mate. My misses laughed at me last year for watching it but this year she wants to watch it with me tomorrow! I can't wait now, so much so that my 37" HDTV that got delivered today is staying in its box until the keynote is over :D

Why don't you watch the keynote on the HDTV?! I would! :eek:

jholzner
Well, the Apple Store is down now!

cxny
Yay, I'm in. I'll be warming up watching iTunes visualizer and drink everytime the Apple logo appears. :-)

Seriously tho, people do that on parties. Then they all like Apple a little more than before but can't remember why. :p

When did that logo start the reappearing trick, was it in iTunes 7? It bugs me - too invasive and way too corporate for Apple

Rocketman

Full power captain.

About 1/3 of what's rumoured will be real.

Rocketman

Raid
Jan 9, 2007, 10:26 AM
Is Like Macworld Is Bigger Then Christmas Now A DaysI was just going to comment on how this anticipation feels like Christmas morning, when your waiting to see what's under the tree. Maybe I should take MWSF off as a religious holiday.

.... ok maybe that's going a bit too far, but I'll take any excuse to get another day off! ;)

Warbrain
When did that logo start the reappearing trick, was it in iTunes 7? It bugs me - too invasive and way too corporate for Apple

It's been happening in, I think, all version of iTunes.

eb6
My birthday was last Friday and it ain't got nothing on macworld!

I'm peeing right now. At my desk!

Clive At Five
Jan 9, 2007, 10:27 AM

Pretty sure it has always done that.

-Clive

markfc
can someone call me with updates?

I'm leaving work soon....pah!

nplima
US is down, UK is down, Japan and Spain down too... OMG! is Apple part of the Axis of Evil now?!

richard4339
wow. US store is down 40 minutes before the keynote. thats a lot earlier than usual. maybe we ARE in for some big stuff that they needed extra time to get onto the store :)

Apple seems like an intelligent enough company to have the store to the point where all they have to do is type a command to have the new version ready (I would assume they'd have it completely coded/developed before the keynote), and they just take it down so that no one will bitch when they buy product x during the show and it's updated less than an hour later.

Peace
I hope Paramount puts up some of the original star Trek TNG movies.I'd buy them!

dernhelm
Jan 9, 2007, 10:28 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say,

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

-Clive

Very well spoken! Thank you - it saves my 'E' key the extra wear and tear.

lmbranco
Jan 9, 2007, 10:28 AM
German Store Down.

DarkNetworks
Jan 9, 2007, 10:29 AM
All DOWN enuff said!

RichP
Jan 9, 2007, 10:31 AM
Full power captain.

Rocketman

A 1/3 is GENEROUS! Have you seen some of these crazy rumors? :D

SiliconAddict
Jan 9, 2007, 10:31 AM
Full power captain.

Rocketman

I was wondering why the lights just flickered. :eek:

xparaparafreakx
Jan 9, 2007, 10:32 AM
Its too bad I didnt have money for the keynotes but with a free tickets to exhibit hall, im at Moscone South waiting to see the apple booth.

dalvin200
Jan 9, 2007, 10:32 AM

i'm trying this now on my MB, but nothing is coming up.. am i joining "macumors" (without quotes).. ? that's what i put in, but nothing happens

law guy
Jan 9, 2007, 10:33 AM
The storeis down.. I repeat the store is DOWN. We are going to MacCON TWO

I especially have liked the chap who is rocking back and forth in anticipation; the suggestion for the drinking game - if Jonathan Ives appears add "massive" to the list for one drink; and this little note above. I'm reading all the posts in this one as this thread is just so funny and entertaining. Nice work everyone as we stand in our "digital line".

Sam0r
i'm trying this now on my MB, but nothing is coming up.. am i joining "macumors" (without quotes).. ? that's what i put in, but nothing happens

Same here.

Less than half an hour to go :D

AndyR
Why don't you watch the keynote on the HDTV?! I would! :eek:

At work now so won't be home till its finished, but tomorrow night the MacBook is getting connected to the TV for the keynote viewing :)

SiliconAddict
I was just going to comment on how this anticipation feels like Christmas morning, when your waiting to see what's under the tree. Maybe I should take MWSF off as a religious holiday.

.... ok maybe that's going a bit too far, but I'll take any excuse to get another day off! ;)

well for companies that have a floating diversity day..... :confused: Hmmm I should try that next year.

acircularmotive
Jan 9, 2007, 10:36 AM
I especially have liked the chap who is rocking back and forth in anticipation; the suggestion for the drinking game - if Jonathan Ives appears add "massive" to the list for one drink; and this little note above. I'm reading all the posts in this one as this thread is just so funny and entertaining. Nice work everyone as we stand in our "digital line".

Tis quite the exciting time.. Thankful for MacRumors providing mixed rumors, coverage of live events, and of course incoherant humorous posts :cool:

briansanderson
boy oh boy can't wait. 25 minutes and counting.

lmbranco
And to think that today i have to leave earlier and go to the fitness center, damn, i think today i take my pda to the gym and make a sweaty navigation on it untilt the keynote is over ;-)

briansanderson
Jan 9, 2007, 10:38 AM
And to think that today i have to leave earlier and go to the fitness center, damn, i think today i take my pda to the gym and make a sweaty navigation on it untilt the keynote is over ;-)

I hear ya. I have to jet for work before it ends but I will be on my cell phone getting updates.

RichP
Jan 9, 2007, 10:38 AM
How do we get into this iChat thing?

yudilks
Jan 9, 2007, 10:39 AM
Singapore store still up.. 21 min to go

Correction: it's down..

SiliconAddict
Jan 9, 2007, 10:39 AM
Does everyone have their bingo cards ready? :D

http://media.arstechnica.com/staff/fatbits.media/mwsf-2007-bingo.png

daibach
Jan 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
This is SO exciting. I'm like a kid at Christmas and I'm 40! :rolleyes:

cecildk9999
Jan 9, 2007, 10:41 AM

drinking to the phrase 'we're really excited about [insert product]' would help ensure drunken stupor by mid-way through the keynote; I feel like I've heard Steve say it at least once in the last three that I've seen.

nathanj
Jan 9, 2007, 10:41 AM
I know, I'm excited toooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

shecky
Jan 9, 2007, 10:44 AM
from Engadget:

8:11am - Paul Otellini and the CEO of Quanta are here, in the VIP line.

OMG MAC PRO THE OCHO!!!111!!!LOL!!11!!

kfury77
Jan 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
my hands are sweating, i'm shaking a bit and i'm starting to feel physically sick with excitement.

relimw
Jan 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
Does somebody know something we don't know? :D

peharri
Jan 9, 2007, 10:47 AM
Sending this from my PDA in the conference hall. Jobs has just gone on stage. Said "Welcome to, as most of you guessed from the hype, the most important MacWorld Keynote in history."

He then introduced Al Gore, and said that Al Gore had been talking to him a lot over the last year about global warming, and the threat it is to the planet and to humanity's survival. The entire keynote is being turned over to Al Gore to do a presentation on global warming.

So that's what the whole "Sun overshadowing the Apple" graphic was about...

SiliconAddict
Jan 9, 2007, 10:48 AM
Oh decisions, decisions, decisions. Apple keynote or Dell's keynote.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/live-from-the-dell-keynote/

Hmmmmmm :p

my hands are sweating, i'm shaking a bit and i'm starting to feel physically sick with excitement.

Don't take this the wrong way but......FREAK! :p ;)

RichP
Jan 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
Oh decisions, decisions, decisions. Apple keynote or Dell's keynote.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/live-from-the-dell-keynote/

Hmmmmmm :p

Poor Micheal.

shecky
Jan 9, 2007, 10:53 AM
TUAW is reporting that as of now (10 minutes to go) they have yet to seat anyone. something must be up :confused: :confused:

Noiseboy
Jan 9, 2007, 10:53 AM
Poor Micheal.

Poor, no........ utterly duff, oh yes.

I'm ready now, bring it on! (rubs hands with glee)

SiliconAddict
Jan 9, 2007, 10:54 AM
I'm off to grab Subway. Hopefully by the time I get back Steve will be into iPod sales. :D :p

Jasonbot
Jan 9, 2007, 10:55 AM
I can't wait. It's like christmas all over again, xcept I dont get anything :P

DarthSimon
Is there any way to watch this live?

SMacDuff
7 minutes to go according to my browser!!! I have my credit card ready to go and a beer by my side. Munchies on the other side. Can you all tell I am NOT going anywhere for a while? :D

briansanderson
Jan 9, 2007, 10:56 AM
7 minutes to go according to my browser!!! I have my credit card ready to go and a beer by my side. Munchies on the other side. Can you all tell I am NOT going anywhere for a while? :D

nice. i am in front of my computer also with food and drink. don't plan on moving till around 2 eastern time. just want to see the leopard stuff for sure.

kevinoneill
Jan 9, 2007, 10:59 AM
I'm gonna avoid this page from this moment on, skip the apple main page and go straight to the KeyNote feed in a few hours. Hopefully just 1 hour...

acircularmotive
ein minuten..

JZ Wire
Woohoo! Im ready! Money and all too. :D

SMacDuff

No live video as far as I know. Macrumors provides the best coverage with live updates and pics.

shecky
Jan 9, 2007, 11:00 AM
engadget:

8:57am - Everyone's shuffling in -- including Jobs' family, who just rolled past. When the press barrier came down it was a mad rush to the elevator, people being trampled.

cool. time for this forum to close up :)

peharri
TUAW is reporting that as of now (10 minutes to go) they have yet to seat anyone. something must be up :confused: :confused:

Macrumorslive is saying the same thing (more or less):

8:54am VIP's have been let in, but all others are still in line outside the hall for the keynote

Could be Steve is torturing the VIPs one by one to determine who leaked the keynote details to the one rumour site that has the correct info, but isn't noticed because it just looks like yet another set of contradictory rumours.

Once everyone's let in, Jobs is going to tell everyone that all they're going to release today is a Mac Pro with more RAM, and point at some suit standing in the corner facing the wall and say "It's that guy's fault. There's always someone who has to spoil it for the others."

kevinoneill

I think it's being broadcasted 1 hour time delay or so... not sure

brepublican
Jan 9, 2007, 11:03 AM
Well. Let the games begin!

shecky
Jan 9, 2007, 11:03 AM

oops. i just remembered they are not closing the forums this year.

ChickenSwartz
Jan 9, 2007, 11:04 AM
engadget:

8:57am - Everyone's shuffling in -- including Jobs' family, who just rolled past. When the press barrier came down it was a mad rush to the elevator, people being trampled.

I wonder if he tells his family what he is going to introduce?

SMacDuff
Apple Store Sweden is down. How about everyone else? I would imagine it's the same worldwide.

brepublican
I have put money on 'PC' and 'Mac' kicking this thing off...

*fingers crossed*

Clive At Five
AAPL stock up $2.02 to $87.49

Does somebody know something we don't know? :D

Shaw Wu and Gene Munster are selling. ;)

-Clive

bowens
Jan 9, 2007, 11:05 AM
Everybody sit down! Let's get this thing started.

Kirbdog
Jan 9, 2007, 11:06 AM
As expected the Apple Online store is closed.

Alex Urchin
Jan 9, 2007, 11:08 AM
Attendee's still taking their seats?

Where? where are they taking them? they are needed you bunch of thieves. Bring them back and lets get this show started.

SMacDuff
Jan 9, 2007, 11:08 AM
More pics needed! Especially zoomed in pics of everyone taking their time getting seated so I can remember to hate them!:)

law guy
Jan 9, 2007, 11:09 AM
Attendee's still taking their seats?

Where? where are they taking them? they are needed you bunch of thieves. Bring them back and lets get this show started.

Possibly confused them for this year's swag gifts. That's what happen's when gift bags aren't left on each chair.

Flowbee
Jan 9, 2007, 11:09 AM

It's been done... (http://www.43folders.com/2007/01/08/macworld-drinking-game-2007/)

erikpmort
Jan 9, 2007, 11:10 AM
this is killing me... can't decide if i want to read it, or wait and watch it

SiliconAddict
Dang that didn't take as long as expected. The Subway line was short. Now I need to sit through the sales speech. Come on Steve o. Cut to the chase! :D

this is killing me... can't decide if i want to read it, or wait and watch it

Read then watch. I have to say the forums really as responsive. Good work guys!

acircularmotive
From MacRumorsLive:

9:09 am Sheryl Crow playing in background

I feel glad I'm not there now :p

macnerd77
Jan 9, 2007, 11:11 AM
products this year are going to be awsome

macnerd77
Jan 9, 2007, 11:12 AM
the live photos on macrumorslive are kinda small is there anyway to get them bigger?

dalvin200
the live photos on macrumorslive are kinda small is there anyway to get them bigger?

dowload them and zoom in with your favorite image viewer?

imacdaddy
get this started already! :p

erikpmort
Jan 9, 2007, 11:13 AM
doesn't appear to be anyway

dalvin200
get this started already! :p

you're damn right on that!!!

over 2k people!!! holy cow.. and jobs family too? will he retire then??

SiliconAddict

Small == bandwidth friendly. We should consider ourselves lucky to even get pictures. :cool:

Diatribe
Jan 9, 2007, 11:14 AM
This should be fun, Jobs family is there. ;)

erikpmort
we deserve live streaming technology

Diatribe
Small == bandwidth friendly. We should consider ourselves lucky to even get pictures. :cool:

Exactly, this live coverage is getting better from year to year.

erikpmort
Jan 9, 2007, 11:15 AM
i'm going to guess that jobs will talk to his family on the i-phone

x86isslow
Jan 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
This should be fun, Jobs family is there. ;)

I wonder if that means he's going to announce his retirement, "to spend time with my family"

Diatribe
Jan 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
Make history? This will be great...

SiliconAddict
Jan 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
we deserve live streaming technology

I'd be happy with audio and pictures. :D Arn? Please? ;)

I wonder if that means he's going to announce his retirement, "to spend time with my family"

Too early. Apple isn't in a position right now to loose Jobs without, how do I put this? Tanking? Maybe 5-10 years?

Jasonbot
Jan 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
AMD MACS, thats my guess?!?!?!?!?

markfc
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I wanna see this live now.....!!!!!!!

eb6
engadget has larger photos but you have to scroll down the page everytime you refresh.

Diatribe
Jan 9, 2007, 11:19 AM
Geez, we are such geeks but this is just so exciting. :D

bowens
Jan 9, 2007, 11:20 AM
Geez, we are such geeks but this is just so exciting. :D

I'm right there with you, man.

Annndy!
Only macs today? :eek: COME ON 12'' MBP

imacdaddy
Interesting, SJ is not in his usual black turtleneck...its brownish.

erikpmort
Jan 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
hes just toying with us

paradillon
Only macs today? :eek: COME ON 12'' MBP

What's that about? I hope it isn't true!

skunk
Interesting, SJ is not in his usual black turtleneck...its brownish.It's obviously to match his Zune.

brepublican
Jan 9, 2007, 11:22 AM
engadget has larger photos but you have to scroll down the page everytime you refresh.

Yeah, kinda sucks. But they also have more text than MRLive :p

prady16
Jan 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
apple store down!

big_malk
"Were only talking about Macs today"... straight to iPod - iTunes?!?!
I'm not complaining... but im sure someone will, thought id point it out first :p

SiliconAddict
AMD MACS, thats my guess?!?!?!?!?

Ummm no.

"Were only talking about Macs today"... straight to iPod - iTunes?!?!
I'm not complaining... but im sure someone will, thought id point it out first :p

Oops. :eek: There goes the iPhone unless its called a Mac.

Diatribe
Damn they are the 4th largest music retailer. That's crazy.

Annndy!
Jan 9, 2007, 11:24 AM
Paramount CONFIRMED! Bring on Forrest Gump! :D

erikpmort
when does the apple store open back up? the end of the keynote? i want to be the first to see it all

kellen
Anyone catching any info off of CNBC, CNN or MSNBC, last time they had a man inside reporting and he was a couple minutes early withe the info.

SwiftLives
Jan 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
I thought he said 'That's all we're going to talk about Macs today.' As is he's done talking about Macs for the keynote...

Annndy!
Jan 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
Colored silhouette on black background iPod ads...how cool...

big_malk

:eek: I didnt think of that! Thats all I really wanted to see today *cries*

Diatribe
Ummm no.

Well Engadget didn't report that bit, did he really say that?

Sean7512
Jan 9, 2007, 11:29 AM
720P for iTV and HDD :D

Diatribe
Jan 9, 2007, 11:30 AM
720p HD video... now they just need to sell that in the iTMS...

SiliconAddict
WOOOOOHOOOOO 40GB HD and HD support!!! :D

Edit " 5 systems can stream but no storing on HD Use itunes to sync movies from Mac to iTV - place what movies you want on iTV's local store"

That's kinda stupid. So you need to waste space on your desktop/laptop to have it on iTV?

eb6
itv's got a 40gb HD

SMacDuff
Apple TV available in Feb! Woohoo!

x86isslow
Jan 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
For the last few keynotes, Apple iPod has had at least a 75% marketshare. It is WAY down.

brepublican
Jan 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
itv's got a 40gb HD

Nice! I Like! :D :D

This thing sounds pretty sweet so far...

ChickenSwartz
Jan 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
For the last few keynotes, Apple iPod has had at least a 75% marketshare. It is WAY down.

Is that sales or total music players (sales+already own)?

prady16
Jan 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
iphone is going to be under "one more thing" :D

Nar1117
iTV 802.11b+g+n All three.

big_malk
I dont get it :confused:

5 systems can stream but no storing on HD - 5 systems? 5 computer in ur home?

sync 10 most unwatched, sync them up - "most unwatched"? its either unwatched or it isnt, isnt it? :confused:

Maybe the excitement is going to my head lol

erikpmort
Jan 9, 2007, 11:34 AM
i wonder how much itv will be