PDA

View Full Version : Quesiton about iLife and iWork announcements

ghall
Jan 9, 2007, 09:19 AM
Quick question. When Steve announces a new iWork and iLife today, will the Apple Stores have it?

I guess my question is, are the new products sitting in the back room of Apple Stores, just waiting for the Keynote to be over, so they can be put on the shelf?

~Shard~
Jan 9, 2007, 09:22 AM
As long as Jobs announces that they are in fact "shipping today" then yes, the Apple Stores should have them immediately and you would also be able to order them from the onliine store.

There is talk that iLife might be previewed today, however not released yet, as it might have some tie-ins to Leopard and will be released at the same time as 10.5 instead of today. :cool:

pdpfilms
Jan 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
As long as Jobs announces that they are in fact "shipping today" then yes, the Apple Stores should have them immediately and you would also be able to order them from the onliine store.

There is talk that iLife might be previewed today, however not released yet, as it might have some tie-ins to Leopard and will be released at the same time as 10.5 instead of today. :cool:

that is, of course, unless Leopard is to be announced as available at the keynote. (Which it won't be.)

ghall
Jan 9, 2007, 09:30 AM
I hope iLife does come out today. I'm kind of bored with the '06 version. :D

that is, of course, unless Leopard is to be announced as available at the keynote. (Which it won't be.)

LOL

TheAnswer
Jan 9, 2007, 09:33 AM
The keys are "available today" and then, unless the nearest store is just around the corner, you should probably call the store you intend to pick it up at, as sometimes shipments don't arrive until a little later in the day.

I would think that, if it is available today, most stores will have them available by the time the keynote ends or shortly thereafter.

Zazaban
Jan 9, 2007, 09:37 AM
I too, hope iLife is out today. iWork would be good too.

Gamdoan
Jan 9, 2007, 09:54 AM
Is it strange that I am more excited about iWork than iLife anymore as the only iLife app I use is iPhoto? I use Pages and Keynote all the time. Heck, I only use Word when absolutely necessary, and even though I'd like to see an Apple spreadsheet app in iWork, Excel is the best Micro$haft app. My business oriented mind does have that special place for Excel....

Okay, so here's hoping for a better iWork today, and that STeve gives it more time this year than the 15 seconds he did last year.

aafuss1
Jan 9, 2007, 10:38 AM
I'm more excited about iWork-as I use Pages & Keynote a lot more than I use Word and Powerpoint.

~Shard~
Jan 9, 2007, 10:43 AM

Quite true. ;)

cbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
The keynote is now over and neither iLife 07 or iWork 07 were released!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

miloblithe
Jan 9, 2007, 01:16 PM
Raises some very interesting quesitons. Realistically, over the long run yearly updates probably aren't necessary. I don't think we'd reached that point though, but perhaps here we are. Maybe Apple will start updating them on longer, as ready cycles, and naming them something other than the year.

Crashmaster007
Jan 9, 2007, 01:17 PM
I was very disappointed that they were not mentioned. I want updates damnit.

cbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm going up to London very soon...I was going to buy iLife 07 from the Apple Store! Oh well.....

cbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 01:30 PM
Whoops! Double post!

TheAnswer
Jan 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
It's possible that some of the newer iLife and iWork features will require Leopard.

Also possible that they might announce them all together at a later date, and perhaps even sell a bundle package that includes iLife, iWork and Leopard at a slightly reduced price. I think they might do this just to make iWork more attractive to those that don't buy it now.