PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the big thing is.....

Zazaban
Jan 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
....that Time Machine REALLY IS a time machine!!!! :D

MatthewCobb
Jan 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
iTARDIS?

someguy
Jan 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/tumbleweed.gif

ghall
Jan 9, 2007, 09:54 AM
....that Time Machine REALLY IS a time machine!!!! :D

Wow, where did you get this inside information?

marco114
Jan 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
I was watching the 'keynote' Bill Gates gave yesterday and one of his lackies demoed something similar to time machine where you can go back to an older version of a document and he says.. "It's better than going back in Time"... uh, not. There was no way to see different versions of the document and what about documents that are no longer there at all? Not!. M$ is a cheap immitation. Try again MS

Keebler
Jan 9, 2007, 10:06 AM
iTARDIS?

LMAOROTF

xUKHCx
Jan 9, 2007, 10:08 AM
http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/delorean.gif

Jo-Kun
Jan 9, 2007, 10:21 AM
and what about documents that are no longer there at all? Not!

If I remember correctly Time Machine will only do its trick correctly when you have a nice big external drive where it can store its backupdata, if not Time Machine will allso not be able to recover deleted files ;-) but I guess people forgot to notice that detail ;-)

Time Machine is backup software with a fancy search engine attached to it, no backup no Time Machine...

but I like the iTardis concept... one question, doe it include your own personal real life version of Rose Tyler???? I would like that ;-)) please do :D *drooling*

beware of the Daleks, you can recognise them, they have "designed for Windows" stickers on them... and when viewing a mac on the network they all switch to a blue screen wich says EXTERMINATE ;-)

TheAnswer
Jan 9, 2007, 10:24 AM
I was watching the 'keynote' Bill Gates.. says.. "It's better than going back in Time".

I thought the exact thing he said was "It's almost better than going back it Time."

The word "almost" lets them off the hook when Time Machine blows their feature away.