PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get MacRumorsLive.com - errors downloading page!!!

geerlingguy
Jan 9, 2007, 11:00 AM
I can't seem to load all of MacRumorsLive.com - it loads the text, but nothing else. And it won't refresh automatically. Is there any other live coverage site? Engadget seems to be slow as heck, and not updating often...

Unorthodox
Jan 9, 2007, 11:02 AM
What's your browser.
Use Safari.

Compile 'em all
Jan 9, 2007, 11:03 AM
Use the IRC channel and xchat-aqua. the server is irc.macrumorslive.com and the channel is macrumors. Hurry Up :eek:

geerlingguy
Jan 9, 2007, 11:05 AM
Use the IRC channel and xchat-aqua. the server is irc.macrumorslive.com and the channel is macrumors. Hurry Up :eek:

Thanks! I'm doing it as we speak!

~Shard~
Jan 9, 2007, 11:05 AM
The site is working fine for me and I'm using IE6 on XP at work. :eek: ;)

Compile 'em all
Jan 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
The site is working fine for me and I'm using IE6 on XP at work. :eek: ;)

At least use Firefox :mad: :p

harveypooka
Jan 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
I can't seem to load all of MacRumorsLive.com - it loads the text, but nothing else. And it won't refresh automatically. Is there any other live coverage site? Engadget seems to be slow as heck, and not updating often...

Same. I use the newest Safari, I have to reload manually - I gave it 15 mins before I did this too and a bunch of updates were there :(

Kal-EL
Jan 9, 2007, 11:33 AM

How do I type in a specific server name? I just downloaded the app and can't seem to find out how to get to irc.macrumorslive.com.

macman2790
Jan 9, 2007, 11:35 AM
man that just sucks, have you tried different browsers?

harveypooka
Jan 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
man that just sucks, have you tried different browsers?

Firefox works perfectly and even displays the time to refresh bar. Safari does not. I'd assumed that MR had done away with the 1 min refresh and had a fancy 'refresh when new content' or something...

EDIT: Hmm, Safari works now...a glitch?

Doctor Q
Jan 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
We balance the refreshing so we can support the load we get as efficiently as we can.

Kal-EL
Jan 9, 2007, 12:02 PM
How do I get to irc.macrumorslive.net on X-Chat Aqua?:confused:

harveypooka
Jan 9, 2007, 12:04 PM
How do I get to irc.macrumorslive.net on X-Chat Aqua?:confused:

I use Ircle. Download it, open the irc.macrumorslive.net and then go to the Channels window and select whichever channel you want...

twoodcc
Jan 9, 2007, 12:09 PM
it's working fine for me on Safari

Kal-EL
Jan 9, 2007, 12:22 PM
I use Ircle. Download it, open the irc.macrumorslive.net and then go to the Channels window and select whichever channel you want...

What network is it on?