PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is iLife '07?

theprizefight
Jan 9, 2007, 01:20 PM
I've been waiting 3 weeks to buy a MBP assuming at least that iLife 07 would be announced today. Yet iLife 06 is still in the apple store..ARGH. Absolutely no computer announcements. This is extremely frustrating.

cbrain
Jan 9, 2007, 01:21 PM
I know how you feel, I was really looking forward to iLife 07...

seh80
Jan 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
I'm really bummed out by this. My Christmas present was a gift card to apple.com, so I could buy iLife '07 today. Instead there is nothing! Boo.

~Shard~
Jan 9, 2007, 01:23 PM
Perhaps iLife 07 will see some major enhancements and as a result, be released in tandem with Leopard to capitallize on certain functionality/integration. :cool:

macman2790
Jan 9, 2007, 01:26 PM
Perhaps iLife 07 will see some major enhancements and as a result, be released in tandem with Leopard to capitallize on certain functionality/integration. :cool:

i hope so, os x should include ilife 07 on the os x install dvd. Not just with new computers.

jer2eydevil88
Jan 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
The iPhone is groundbreaking don't get me wrong here I am so excited in anticipation for this to be released. On the other hand I was hugely let down by no other interesting releases, including iLife 07'!

What is this iTV nonsense? Microsoft's Xbox 360 has just been announced with a rumored better price per feature model than this thing. Already beaten to the punch Jobs threw this offstage as quickly as possible to actually impress us. Then nothing. No iLife, no new Macbook Pro case design, no official Tablet, no nothing.

Also why only Cingular? I have T-Mobile and they have much better coverage in my area! Bleh now I have to wait 3 years before I can actually use this much heralded tech.

pengu
Jan 9, 2007, 04:04 PM
Wasnt there a quote from the Big Cheese Steve that "it's all included" or simmilar, hinting that ilife, iwork will be included in os releases again?

SimonTheSoundMa
Jan 9, 2007, 05:08 PM
Usually, if you buy a computer from Apple in a year and it has last years iLife, take your receipt to Apple and they will give you the latest version. They usually put a note/voucher in the box telling you to take it to someone that sells iLife and you can get it, for free.

Contact Apple first though, I haven't heard of anyone getting any vouchers yet.

bousozoku
Jan 9, 2007, 05:22 PM
Tomorrow is another day.

Considering the lack of consumer shows for a while, it's likely that both iLife and iWork updates will be announced before the end of the week and available by the end of January, along with 10.4.9.

skunk
Jan 9, 2007, 05:25 PM
Does anyone actually have any idea what iLife 07 will consist of? Personally, I'd be happy if they just sorted out the mess that is iTunes 7.

dancertom3
Jan 9, 2007, 05:32 PM
I've been waiting 3 weeks to buy a MBP assuming at least that iLife 07 would be announced today. Yet iLife 06 is still in the apple store..ARGH. Absolutely no computer announcements. This is extremely frustrating.

I'm really disappointed with these annoucements. Where's the stuff for their computers? Leopard? iLife 07? It just seems like they're pushing into every aspect of the market as quickly as possible. A business is like a tree...ignore the roots, and it'll die. Not that I'm saying Apple's going anywhere, but there a lot of disappointed people.

It just seems ridiculous that they would only announce Apple TV and the iPhone, and nothing else! There's really nothing for anyone - every single person in that room, watching Jobs give his Keynote, without a doubt, has their own phone in their pocket.

The iPhone doesn't offer anything new to an already saturated market. If we wanted to look ahead at developing cell phone technologies, one quick glimpse across the ocean and we'd see it all in Japan. In Tokyo, their phones are their train tickets. One swipe of the cell phone over a reader and you're sorted. Internet and music is old news for them, as it is for most of the world. And a touch screen? Now there's a problem waiting to happen.

2 thumbs down for Keynote '07. Bring on Leopard and iLife '07! Satisfy your computer consumers!

skunk
Jan 9, 2007, 05:39 PM
I'm really disappointed with these annoucements. Where's the stuff for their computers? Leopard? iLife 07? It just seems like they're pushing into every aspect of the market as quickly as possible. A business is like a tree...ignore the roots, and it'll die. Not that I'm saying Apple's going anywhere, but there a lot of disappointed people.Leopard was never going to be ready yet, and the iPhone merited the whole keynote to itself. What are you complaining about?

There's really nothing for anyone - every single person in that room, watching Jobs give his Keynote, without a doubt, has their own phone in their pocket.And most of them are probably ready to ditch those phones for something better.

pengu
Jan 9, 2007, 06:15 PM
The iPhone doesn't offer anything new to an already saturated market. If we wanted to look ahead at developing cell phone technologies, one quick glimpse across the ocean and we'd see it all in Japan. In Tokyo, their phones are their train tickets. One swipe of the cell phone over a reader and you're sorted. Internet and music is old news for them, as it is for most of the world. And a touch screen? Now there's a problem waiting to happen.

You've never used a smartphone have you? my P910 had a physical flip keyboard/number pad, and i removed it (removal is a standard feature of the p910) and just use the touch screen for the last 6 or so months. never been happier. screw a physical button that gets worn and doesnt show you the number any more.

You could say the PC market is saturated by Windows, and the Server market is saturated by Dell/HP/IBM/Sun and Microsoft/Linux, but they still operate in both markets sucessfully. the iPod is proof that they can produce lifestyle devices that people just want, regardless of their computer.

psychofreak
Jan 9, 2007, 06:20 PM
Wasnt there a quote from the Big Cheese Steve that "it's all included" or simmilar, hinting that ilife, iwork will be included in os releases again?

Never, ever, put these words together again, you hear me?

iWhale
Jan 9, 2007, 06:24 PM
Awww I'm getting a MacBook on the 21st of January, what if iLife 07 is announced on the 22nd ? :(

bousozoku
Jan 9, 2007, 06:28 PM
Awww I'm getting a MacBook on the 21st of January, what if iLife 07 is announced on the 22nd ? :(

They'll likely slip an extra disc in the package and you'll install iLife '07 separately.

pengu
Jan 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
Never, ever, put these words together again, you hear me?

whats wrong with Big Cheese Steve? :p

dancertom3
Jan 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
You could say the PC market is saturated by Windows, and the Server market is saturated by Dell/HP/IBM/Sun and Microsoft/Linux, but they still operate in both markets sucessfully. the iPod is proof that they can produce lifestyle devices that people just want, regardless of their computer.

This is true. Never underestimate the appeal of shiny objects. (I know they get me everytime!)

Me too! I'm ordering a MacBook Pro on the 19th of January! Do you think that I'll get stuck with iLife '06? If it comes out a week later will I get a free upgrade?

grafikat
Jan 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
I feel vindicated that I bought my MB in December! I thought I'd be kicking myself!

iWhale
Jan 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
Me too! I'm ordering a MacBook Pro on the 19th of January! Do you think that I'll get stuck with iLife '06? If it comes out a week later will I get a free upgrade?
I'm not actually ordering mine, I'm buying it at (Singapore) Changi Airport (go parents credit card!, go!) so I doubt I'd get a cd slipped in :(

ChrisA
Jan 9, 2007, 06:42 PM
I've been waiting 3 weeks to buy a MBP assuming at least that iLife 07 would be announced today.

It may be there that never will be an iLife 07. Apple may decide to include it with Leopard.

Ugg
Jan 9, 2007, 06:48 PM

Ohh, I'd love that, more money to put towards the iPhone.

I think the lack of computer related announcements today was to underscore the name change to Apple Inc. It's a whole new world baby, and computers are only a part of it.

dsloves
Jan 9, 2007, 06:53 PM
Forgot about my calling my Cingular sales rep and begging for first dibs ... $10-billion in Apple stock traded today ... Valuation was up many billions of dollars. Forget Jenna Jamison -- Steve Jobs performance are truly pay-per-view of the finest kind!

Can you imagine what would have happened if some of this stuff was actually in-stock at the Apple retail stores!

jlewis2k1
Jan 9, 2007, 06:58 PM
Can you imagine what would have happened if some of this stuff was actually in-stock at the Apple retail stores!

I would be giving the Apple Sales Representatives my sympathy. It could potentially be a relive of the day after thanksgiving for them or grand opening.

winterdude010
Jan 9, 2007, 06:58 PM
Just cause you change your name doesn't mean you don't need to talk about computer stuff Apple!!

jlewis2k1
Jan 9, 2007, 07:02 PM
I think that Apple, Inc. will having a special event for other new product launches. If they do have one of these special events then I can very well see iLive '07 and a briefing of Leopard. I do not expect to see any hardware updates cause the lines have been updated not too long ago. I wouldn't get all huffy and puffy about certain products were not announced or talked about. Apple, Inc. probably has a very good reasons to why they make their keynote soley about the iPhone.

andiwm2003
Jan 9, 2007, 07:11 PM
i miss ilfe 07 and where is iwork 07? i'm not interested in the iphone, itvo r the new airport. while groundbreaking to many there is nothing this year i'm interested in.:(

anyway, i think the iphone will be a greast success and itv will be successful as well. but i'm more interested in computer and software from apple. c'mon steve!:) i have money to spend!

dancertom3
Jan 9, 2007, 07:14 PM
i miss ilfe 07 and where is iwork 07? i'm not interested in the iphone, itvo r the new airport. while groundbreaking to many there is nothing this year i'm interested in.:(

anyway, i think the iphone will be a greast success and itv will be successful as well. but i'm more interested in computer and software from apple. c'mon steve!:) i have money to spend!

What baffles me is that there wasn't even a tiny consolation for the computer faithful. Nothing. Jobs left many people hungry for something else. True, he followed thru on all the iPhone hype, which, if he hadn't have done so, would have caused even greater disappointment. But there was still ATV.

ortuno2k
Jan 9, 2007, 07:25 PM
I was also disappointed like many of you. I was hoping for a preview on Leopard and the release of iWork & iLife '07.
I really don't care for the iPhone - at all. Yes, it's very nice, with nifty features and all, but nothing that I'm interested in to purchase.
And iTV, or ATV is another "meh" release, at least to me.
Build up so much hype for this...:(

MacNut
Jan 9, 2007, 07:33 PM
What is iLife 07 gonna do that you can't get in 06.

dancertom3
Jan 9, 2007, 07:36 PM

If you think like this, then there'd be no point to releasing iLife '07, no would there? :p

MacNut
Jan 9, 2007, 07:37 PM
I never bought 06.

Ugg
Jan 9, 2007, 07:41 PM

A less bloated iWeb for one and I'm sure there will be other improvements as well. iLife 06 really gave a much needed speed boost to iPhoto, so it's not hard to imagine there will be similar improvements this year.

bousozoku
Jan 9, 2007, 08:13 PM
I think that Apple, Inc. will having a special event for other new product launches. If they do have one of these special events then I can very well see iLive '07 and a briefing of Leopard. I do not expect to see any hardware updates cause the lines have been updated not too long ago. I wouldn't get all huffy and puffy about certain products were not announced or talked about. Apple, Inc. probably has a very good reasons to why they make their keynote soley about the iPhone.

After seeing something about an iChat application for Windows, I wonder if there isn't a huge event coming where the Cocoa application framework will be available on Windows suddenly and all Apple software will work on both platforms.

maxrobertson
Jan 9, 2007, 08:21 PM
Maybe this lends some credence to the people who were thinking that "the complete package" mean iLife included in Leopard.

dancertom3
Jan 9, 2007, 08:37 PM
After seeing something about an iChat application for Windows, I wonder if there isn't a huge event coming where the Cocoa application framework will be available on Windows suddenly and all Apple software will work on both platforms.

This would be nice...

Keebler
Jan 9, 2007, 08:48 PM
i think it's fine not to release it today.

folks, you may be drooling over wanted software, but do you not realize, what steve said, the revolution behind the iphone??? it's not just an 'upgrade' to a mac or a pump in processor speed. it's a brand new 3-in-1 product.

anything else..and i mean anything else, would have been a sad whimper in the bucket after the iphone - ppl would have been 'who cares!' about anything else. We all know leopard isn't coming out yet. in another few months...sure. and they had alot of features to cover within the timeframe of his keynote.

i think you'd rather ilife 07 have its own day.

i know it sucks that you've waited this long, but if your need is for business to make money, then go buy one. if not, hang in there chum. all will be well soon enough.

and i agree with another poster...maybe if they could fix itunes 7 first. speed it up a bit etc...

p0intblank
Jan 9, 2007, 09:04 PM
I'm with you on the disappointment. I was all ready to order it by tonight with an Apple gift card I received for Christmas. :( Hopefully Apple will silently release it sometime this week.

Roy Hobbs
Jan 9, 2007, 09:12 PM
I have a feeling iLife 07 will be included with Leopard. If they are indeed waiting to ship them together it would really be horrible to wait until say April and then turn around and expect people to buy iLife 08 in 8 months.

My gut feeling is iLife 07 will be a part of Leopard and then back to the normal releases after.

rjc
Jan 9, 2007, 09:30 PM
I have a feeling iLife 07 will be included with Leopard. If they are indeed waiting to ship them together it would really be horrible to wait until say April and then turn around and expect people to buy iLife 08 in 8 months.

My gut feeling is iLife 07 will be a part of Leopard and then back to the normal releases after.

This was my thought too, but it seems more likely that there will be another event before the end of the month (end of the week? next week?) introducing iWork and iLife 08. I can't figure out how or why they would make them both Leopard-only.

Plus, Apple might have some actual computer updates to do -- since they didn't update their computers today. I haven't seen anyone else speculating about this, but another event seems like the most likely conclusion.

aristobrat
Jan 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
I think the point today was made that Apple, Inc is not longer Apple Computer, Inc.

Announcing computer stuff along with the non-computer Apple TV and iPhone would have diluted that message. :confused:

If there's any company that knows how to keep in the media limelight, it's Apple. My guess is that they're going to let everyone speculate about the Apple TV and iPhone for a month or so and when the press dies down for them, then they'll have another press event for Tiger and iLife.

Besides, Vista's big consumer launch is at the end of January. What better time to steal the media limelight back than to announce software right after that?

How many "events" did Apple end up having last year? It was almost ridiculous! :)

Maxwell Smart
Jan 9, 2007, 09:42 PM
I'm not surprised, they are probably holding off, so that way when they release iWork/iLife it will be to fanfare rather then just a mediocre entry after the grandiose iPhone.

~Shard~
Jan 9, 2007, 10:29 PM
I'm not surprised, they are probably holding off, so that way when they release iWork/iLife it will be to fanfare rather then just a mediocre entry after the grandiose iPhone.

Possibly. But to warrant a special release on its own, that would imply that there should be somewhat major enhancements and improvements to both suites. iWork I can see, if a spreadsheet application is indeed added, however what significant updates would we really see in iLife? I guess time will tell.

I still wonder if certain iLife/iWork functionality/enhancements will have something to do with interfacing with elements of Leopard, thereby dictating a release in tandem. This would alienate non-Leopard users, who then couldn't reap the benefits of the new suites, however would also encourage sales of the new OS for that very reason, as well as perhaps take advantage of some powerful new technologies. :cool:

jcrowe
Jan 10, 2007, 12:22 AM

I would love to see a lot of basic improvements in both iMovie
and especially iDVD. The main areas of improvement have to do with
functionality, stability and performance...especially in generation of
titles and transitions in iMovie and in chapter handling and burning
in iDVD. They are powerful applications but dog slow...people
just starting to experiment with making videos need lowend tools
that are both conceptually simple to use and at the same time not
so frustrating that it's tempting to give up early on. iWeb could also
use some method of working outside of .Mac as well as the ability
to embed Python, Ruby, MySQL and the like. I have not had a chance
to really explore it as well as the other bits.

For iWork, the spreadsheet would be nice as well as some sort
of lowend database program.

Eckels
Jan 10, 2007, 12:25 AM
I'm still rather new to to Macs, but is there precedent for releasing software like iLife later on in the MacWorld show? it's a few days isn't it? is it possible that it might be released later in the week?

p0intblank
Jan 10, 2007, 01:21 AM
I'm still rather new to to Macs, but is there precedent for releasing software like iLife later on in the MacWorld show? it's a few days isn't it? is it possible that it might be released later in the week?

Steve generally announces iLife updates during his keynote every year, but it didn't happen this year. :( I'm hoping it will be released (or at least announced) sometime this week, just like what you're hoping for. I love iLife and I would really like to see what features/improvements they add to iPhoto and iMovie. I can't imagine Apple waiting too long to do something...

siurpeeman
Jan 10, 2007, 01:55 AM
I feel vindicated that I bought my MB in December! I thought I'd be kicking myself!

i bought a macbook in december, too! still, i would like to have purchased ilife 07 and iwork 07 sooner than later.

matticus008
Jan 10, 2007, 02:08 AM
This was my thought too, but it seems more likely that there will be another event before the end of the month (end of the week? next week?) introducing iWork and iLife 08. I can't figure out how or why they would make them both Leopard-only.
They don't need to be Leopard-only to be delayed until closer to Leopard's launch. The new products will undoubtedly take full advantage of new features in Leopard (but fall back gracefully for Tiger users--I'd imagine Panther people will be left in the dust, though). The products can't be demoed or released until more of Leopard's many loose ends come together; without a "wow" factor for new Leopard-based features, it's just an incremental update not worthy of keynote time.

brownie
Jan 10, 2007, 02:08 AM
Yeh i am kind of annoyed that Leopard nore iLife and iWork were not even mentioned at the keynote.
I have been waiting for iLife 07 to come out, so finally i can buy a macbook without having to purchase it seperately.
Hopefully i can hold off for a few months or whatever and then finally purchase it with Leopard and iLife 07.

DeSnousa
Jan 10, 2007, 02:12 AM
With out reading the thread, so I'm sorry if it has been posted :o

I believe that there is no intention on iLife or iWork be released until Leopard is available. I believe that when Leopard is introduced so will the new iLife which will take advantage of Leopard's amazing new features.

iWhale
Jan 10, 2007, 06:35 AM
I wonder what the new app in iLife 07 will be, assuming there is one.

a456
Jan 10, 2007, 06:46 AM
Expect software announcements at an Apple special event on 30 January (the consumer release date for Vista, as if you didn't know already). There Steve will talk about Leopard's Top Secret features and the new iLife suite, just so that once MS have stopped kicking themselves after the release of the iPhone and the bruises are starting to heal, they can do it all over again. See Zunes and Vista in bargain bins all over the world (I know that Zunes are only on sale in the US at present, but in order to get rid of stock they will be put on sale everywhere without any software support whatsoever).

Wild-Bill
Jan 10, 2007, 02:38 PM
Expect software announcements at an Apple special event on 30 January (the consumer release date for Vista, as if you didn't know already). There Steve will talk about Leopard's Top Secret features and the new iLife suite, just so that once MS have stopped kicking themselves after the release of the iPhone and the bruises are starting to heal, they can do it all over again. See Zunes and Vista in bargain bins all over the world (I know that Zunes are only on sale in the US at present, but in order to get rid of stock they will be put on sale everywhere without any software support whatsoever).

That actually makes alot of sense. Still doesn't make me feel all warm an fuzzy inside, like the way a proper MacWorld would have done. hehhe:D

sigpi1
Jan 10, 2007, 03:01 PM
Just a thought, but is it possible Jobs did not release everything yesterday as it was competing with the CES in Vegas? He focused on the biggest flashy items which would interest non-mac users and have the greatest impact. Based on reports I have read they were talking it up at the CES after the announcement.

The fact that there was no mention of Leopard and that he used a Beatles song during his presentation leads me to think that there is another event coming soon to annouce Leopard, Beatles on I-tunes & I-Life 07'.

iWhale
Jan 10, 2007, 04:42 PM
*crosses fingers its before 22nd*
I can't imagine what the new would be (assuming there is one) if there wasnt then there would be huge improvements to the already existing one.

Peel
Jan 10, 2007, 06:23 PM

So...

iLife 07.5 then?

Eckels
Jan 10, 2007, 07:37 PM

I have to disagree with your logic on this. It would be a big mistake to release Leopard, or for that matter have any sort of media event about Leopard on or around the time of Vista's launch. They should wait at least a few weeks after Vista's release.

It's not that Leopard doesn't have the potential ability to out-shine Vista, it certainly does. But as far as public attention goes, with the majority market share held by Microsoft, all eyes will be on Vista, as far as media coverage goes. While Leopard would certainly not be lost in the shuffle as far as Mac users go, any potential press that Apple could garner from it's release would be basically wasted. In fact, I could imagine such a move by Apple could be viewed as an "out of desperation" announcement, to the general (Non-Mac User) public and media alike.

Apple would be much wiser to release it a few weeks later, probably close to a month after Vista's release, at a minimum. That is, of course, if it's even ready to ship.

sigamy
Jan 10, 2007, 08:19 PM

I was really hoping for more themes in iMovie. I have a project due next week and I was really counting on having new themes available to use. It is amazing that there still aren't any holiday themes available from Apple.

I'm also looking for better Podcasting support in GarageBand and iMovie (for video podcasts). iPhoto works very well for me--I have over 10,000 photos over 6 years of my son's life in there. iWeb needs improvements too.

Anuba
Jan 10, 2007, 08:30 PM
As if M$ even wanted to make a phone, why on earth would they be kicking themselves? They've had a phone OS since before this iPhone dud was even conceived.

From a marketing standpoint your scheme there is a disaster, as Leopard will be drowned in Vista coverage. The only, *only* reason for synching the unveiling of OSX Leper with the consumer release of Vista, would be if they're going to announce that Leper will run on PCs. As if.

MacEdit
Jan 17, 2007, 07:45 PM
My guess is that iMovie 07 will have "green screen" effects like the ichat in leopard. If that is the case then it might need to wait for Leopard to be released.
that would be something worth upgrading to ilife 07 for.

Anonymous Freak
Jan 17, 2007, 08:28 PM
I'm hoping that the special event will announce iLife and iWork '07, plus Leopard. It might be just an announcement, with the actual shipping date sometime mid-February, but it would help steal the thunder from Vista.

buffalo
Jan 17, 2007, 09:17 PM
I'm hoping that the special event will announce iLife and iWork '07, plus Leopard. It might be just an announcement, with the actual shipping date sometime mid-February, but it would help steal the thunder from Vista.

What makes you think something will happen on the 30th?

Anonymous Freak
Jan 17, 2007, 10:53 PM
What makes you think something will happen on the 30th?

Hasn't there been talk of an Apple Event on the 30th? (Or have I been mis-reading?)

cwedl
Jan 18, 2007, 02:43 AM
Normally I get ilife and maybe iwork (I not going to buy iwork until they have a spreadsheet program now! They are not that expensive an so just small gifts to my slef. whilst I may get an iPhone, its a lot of money and so were the other items released. I don't have an HD TV and I just go a N router! and have only recently (august) entered a mobile contract for 18 months so I won't have an iPhone for at least a couple of years

buffalo
Jan 18, 2007, 05:35 AM
Hasn't there been talk of an Apple Event on the 30th? (Or have I been mis-reading?)

I haven't seen anything, but I could have missed it. January 30th is a Tuesday, so it is possible an event could be held that day.

matticus008
Jan 18, 2007, 06:14 AM
I haven't seen anything, but I could have missed it. January 30th is a Tuesday, so it is possible an event could be held that day.
It's also Vista's release date, which makes it a prime target for some thunder-stealing. Though judging from a lot of threads here lately, it seems that Apple the Irreverent is now seen by lots of people as Apple the Arrogant (one of the ugly consequences of lots of new Mac owners). The line between offensive and inoffensive is thinner than good pastrami these days; no one has a sense of humor anymore.

netdog
Jan 18, 2007, 08:13 AM
i hope so, os x should include ilife 07 on the os x install dvd. Not just with new computers.

Not going to happen.

truz
Jan 18, 2007, 12:45 PM
maybe they will release leopard and ilife at the sametime :) would not be this month tho...

bousozoku
Jan 18, 2007, 12:55 PM
maybe they will release leopard and ilife at the sametime :) would not be this month tho...

If they do something like that, I'd expect that iLife and iWork '07 won't work with Tiger and that would be a shame.

It seems that Apple push us enough to upgrade already by not fixing things properly.

matticus008
Jan 18, 2007, 03:33 PM
If they do something like that, I'd expect that iLife and iWork '07 won't work with Tiger and that would be a shame.
I wouldn't make that assumption. Just because iLife ships only with new Macs of the same model year doesn't mean that you're stuck with iLife '05 on your 2005 Mac. It could easily be the case that iLife will be optimized for Leopard with enhanced features, but will still be compatible with Tiger (remember the days when software was optimized for Altivec but didn't require it?).

Of course, it's not impossible that iLife '07 will be Leopard-only, especially if it doesn't add anything to iLife '06 functionality. I can't think of any obvious new functions for iLife to add. More themes, some reorganization, etc. would be new features, but not breaking any new ground.

Anonymous Freak
Jan 18, 2007, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't make that assumption. Just because iLife ships only with new Macs of the same model year doesn't mean that you're stuck with iLife '05 on your 2005 Mac. It could easily be the case that iLife will be optimized for Leopard with enhanced features, but will still be compatible with Tiger (remember the days when software was optimized for Altivec but didn't require it?).

Of course, it's not impossible that iLife '07 will be Leopard-only, especially if it doesn't add anything to iLife '06 functionality. I can't think of any obvious new functions for iLife to add. More themes, some reorganization, etc. would be new features, but not breaking any new ground.

Two words: Multiple Libraries.

Both iTunes and iPhoto would be nice if you could have real multiple library support. For example, my wife and I have completely different tastes in music, so of our approximately 4000 song collection, there are maybe only about 400 songs that overlap. My wife REALLY doesn't want to hear Eminem or Evanescence popping up on her iPod, and I REALLY don't want to hear Alan Jackson or Garth Brooks on mine. Yeah, we can set up playlists, and we do have a couple dozen playlists. But we create, delete, and change the playlists often, and don't want to have to update our iPod preferences all the time. We want two separate libraries, but that don't duplicate the 400 songs that we *DO* both like. (Okay, it may be closer to 1000. We do both like classical, and have a decent size classical section.)

Also I can imagine official support for net-storage shared libraries, especially with the net disk feature of the new AirPort Extreme.

Also nice would be if iWeb would store my website in a more convenient location, like, say, the 'Sites' folder. (I remember when iPhoto stored its library in the Documents folder, too.) And the ability to do two separate websites, to two separate locations would be nice. (It supports multiple 'websites', but they both publish to the same location. I would like ONE website on my .Mac site, and another hosted locally, but both designed with iWeb.)

iDVD supporting HD would be a nice addition. If not Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, at least the current "HD on standard DVD" format DVD Studio Pro supports.

matticus008
Jan 18, 2007, 08:28 PM
Two words: Multiple Libraries.
That's a pretty good idea. But it wouldn't require more than a trivial update to iPhoto, I would think.

I've never used iWeb, but it does seem like the product most in need of some attention. I guess we'll see what they decide to do with it whenever they get around to announcing the iLife updates. Nothing you mentioned has any need for Leopard per se, so I would hope they'd release it for Tiger as well if they do correct those shortcomings.

quigleybc
Jan 18, 2007, 09:17 PM
All i want is a smaller MBP.

15 inches is much too big IMO, at least for my needs.

I will be ready to buy around the end of Feb.

Hopefully by then I'll have a new release to spend $$ on.

nickster9224
Jan 18, 2007, 10:15 PM
All i have to say is iLife 07 has to be pretty good if were still waiting for it.

shikimo
Jan 19, 2007, 02:23 AM
All i have to say is iLife 07 has to be pretty good if were still waiting for it.

yeah, I hope so...but don't you sometimes feel like that's how they get us? Wait and wait and wait, and by virtue of the wait itself the product becomes better? The lack of MACS at MACworld is a perfect example. All of us dedicated mac (that is mac computer) users excitedly jabbering for months about new MBPs and minis ACDs and octo-core pros and iLife and iRocket and iWorks etc. and what do we get? Zilch. Nada, except a couple (admittedly cool) devices that don't do a thing for the computing experience. I use macs cuz they work better, and there are things to like about Apple as a company...but sometimes they make me feel like a lonely, caged, under-informed and taken-for-granted subject in a giant marketing experiment.

OK so that's a bit dramatic, but y'all know what I mean??

truz
Jan 19, 2007, 02:46 PM
I agree with you here, I want to order a macbook so bad, but the fact of having shared graphics kills me. I work with photoshop and I would like to have a dedicated graphics card, yet a small screen for travel. I'll buy an external lcd when I need a large screen at home or use my 20" imac.

Spazzleberry
Jan 22, 2007, 11:48 AM
I work with photoshop and I would like to have a dedicated graphics card

Can you explain that statement? I use windows pc because of internet gaming I am involved in, but was going to get a macbook pro for extra design resources. Is there a problem using photoshop on the macbook? What does your statement about wishing it had a dedicated graphics card mean?

You suddenly worried me about buying an apple computer. :(

- Spazzle

Homy
Jan 22, 2007, 12:02 PM
was going to get a macbook pro
- Spazzle
MacBook Pro does have dedicated GPU, ATI Radeon X1600. MacBook hasn't.

Anonymous Freak
Jan 22, 2007, 02:44 PM
MacBook Pro does have dedicated GPU, ATI Radeon X1600. MacBook hasn't.

And a separate GPU makes ZERO difference for Photoshop. Zero. Photoshop does not use the GPU any more than Microsoft Word or TextEdit do. It doesn't offload any processing to the GPU the way, say, Motion does. Yes, there are 'Quartz Composer Effects' available in some programs that use the GPU, but if you're using Photoshop, you're probably using Photoshop-native effects, which are solely CPU dependent. (Moving to CS3 will be a SIGNIFICANTLY bigger upgrade than moving from a MacBook to a MacBook Pro, since CS3 will be Universal, whereas CS2 is only PPC, and only runs via Rosetta.)

Really, why do people think that a GPU helps in still photo editing, music editing, or even video editing in non-GPU-enabled programs? (Which includes iMovie, Final Cut Express, and even Final Cut Pro.) The only major media apps that use the GPU are Aperture (which uses it solely for drawing to the screen, not for applying effects,) Motion, and Shake. And even Aperture WORKS on integrated-graphics just fine, it just isn't as smooth. Same with Shake. The no-GPU-no-use limit on Final Cut Studio is artificial, and based solely on the GMA950's inability to run Motion, which is part of the Final Cut Studio.

CEAbiscuit
Jan 22, 2007, 03:57 PM
ehurtly, you rule. That just cleared up a lot of questions I hade about 128 vs. 256 video and what I need. Thanks!

Homy
Jan 22, 2007, 05:12 PM
Really, why do people think that a GPU helps in still photo editing, music editing, or even video editing in non-GPU-enabled programs? (Which includes iMovie, Final Cut Express, and even Final Cut Pro.) The only major media apps that use the GPU are Aperture (which uses it solely for drawing to the screen, not for applying effects,) Motion, and Shake. And even Aperture WORKS on integrated-graphics just fine, it just isn't as smooth. Same with Shake. The no-GPU-no-use limit on Final Cut Studio is artificial, and based solely on the GMA950's inability to run Motion, which is part of the Final Cut Studio.Yes, you're right but I was referring to Spazzleberry's worry about buying a MacBook Pro. He was going to buy one but was worried that it wouldn't have a dedicated GPU. About FCE and FCP, I'm almost certain that LiveType also uses the GPU-card for rendering. I can even hear the card working.

Spazzleberry
Jan 23, 2007, 09:20 AM
ok, like i said i'm a pc guy and it was the first negative thing i'd heard regarding the macbook. i'll keep walking toward the light, thanks for the info. :)

sam10685
Jan 30, 2007, 12:15 AM
I'm really bummed out by this. My Christmas present was a gift card to apple.com, so I could buy iLife '07 today. Instead there is nothing! Boo.

i got a gift card too. to get a new laptop. i would get a new macbook right now. but i'm not... the model out right now has been out a while so i'm going to wait.

Anonymous Freak
Jan 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Well, it's been 21 days since the MacWorld keynote; January only has one day left.

And we have seen zero announcements related to the Mac. We have seen iPhone, :apple:tv, AirPort Extreme, and now iPod shuffle and 802.11n enabler announcements, but no actual Mac, announcements, other than a couple new TV commercials, and the official revelation that 64-bit Intel Macs have come with 802.11n hardware.

We have seen no actual new hardware, no new software, not even price changes.

Dammit, Apple, either change the name of the conference to "AppleWorld", or release some freakin' Mac stuff! I've been putting off my HD camcorder purchase to see if iLife '07 will support AVCHD. I would really like to have my camcorder bought before I leave for vacation in the middle of February. At least ANNOUNCE iLife '07, with specs, even if it isn't released. I'd really like an AVCHD camcorder over an HDV, but not if iLife can't edit its video.

freebooter
Jan 30, 2007, 11:18 AM

b.t.

LethalWolfe
Jan 30, 2007, 11:25 AM
I'm really disappointed with these annoucements. Where's the stuff for their computers? Leopard? iLife 07? It just seems like they're pushing into every aspect of the market as quickly as possible. A business is like a tree...ignore the roots, and it'll die. Not that I'm saying Apple's going anywhere, but there a lot of disappointed people.
Yes, things like Apple's move to Intel procs, the purchasing of Silicon Color, and the discounting of Shake (amid rumors of a brand new replacement app) are also recent signs of how Apple is ignoring it's roots.:rolleyes:

It just seems ridiculous that they would only announce Apple TV and the iPhone, and nothing else! There's really nothing for anyone - every single person in that room, watching Jobs give his Keynote, without a doubt, has their own phone in their pocket.
Besides phones I'm sure every single person in that room owned a laptop or desktop computer too.

Lethal

aswitcher
Jan 31, 2007, 04:26 AM
Are there any rumours about new features for iLife 07?

jonutarr
Jan 31, 2007, 06:17 AM
that ghey ifone is causing all this hold up

booooo :apple:

pengu
Jan 31, 2007, 07:29 AM

Yes. there will be a new app. iWhine. Apple have taken an idea from MyDreamApp (the one which reads forums on your desktop) and made an app that POSTS to forums in Cocoalicious beauty. And, being apple, you KNOW it will be ultra classy whining, not this "i hate xyz product, why dont they have abc product, i know like a gazillion people who would buy one" *****e.

WRXHokie
Jan 31, 2007, 10:55 AM
I agree with you here, I want to order a macbook so bad, but the fact of having shared graphics kills me. I work with photoshop and I would like to have a dedicated graphics card, yet a small screen for travel. I'll buy an external lcd when I need a large screen at home or use my 20" imac.

Me too actually.... i'd get a Macbook too if i could play games decently on it. The integrated graphics card is poo.

xUKHCx
Jan 31, 2007, 10:59 AM
Me too actually.... i'd get a Macbook too if i could play games decently on it. The integrated graphics card is poo.

What games are you wanting to play, unreal tournament 2004 plays fine 30fps. And in windows Need for Speed Carbon runs fine, San Andreas also play fine. The integrated graphics is alright, you have to keep in mind it is a smallish form factor laptop not designed for games, but it does games reasonably well.

WRXHokie
Jan 31, 2007, 11:18 AM
What games are you wanting to play, unreal tournament 2004 plays fine 30fps. And in windows Need for Speed Carbon runs fine, San Andreas also play fine. The integrated graphics is alright, you have to keep in mind it is a smallish form factor laptop not designed for games, but it does games reasonably well.

Yeah i'm sure it can play some games well. But 30fps on Unreal 2004 is not very good. I guess it depends on the games you'd play.

cbrain
Jan 31, 2007, 12:34 PM
Well, it's been 21 days since the MacWorld keynote; January only has one day left.

And we have seen zero announcements related to the Mac. We have seen iPhone, :apple:tv, AirPort Extreme, and now iPod shuffle and 802.11n enabler announcements, but no actual Mac, announcements, other than a couple new TV commercials, and the official revelation that 64-bit Intel Macs have come with 802.11n hardware.

We have seen no actual new hardware, no new software, not even price changes.

Dammit, Apple, either change the name of the conference to "AppleWorld", or release some freakin' Mac stuff! I've been putting off my HD camcorder purchase to see if iLife '07 will support AVCHD. I would really like to have my camcorder bought before I leave for vacation in the middle of February. At least ANNOUNCE iLife '07, with specs, even if it isn't released. I'd really like an AVCHD camcorder over an HDV, but not if iLife can't edit its video.

Remember, Jobs said they would be some "amazing" stuff coming out for the mac.

FleurDuMal
Jan 31, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah i'm sure it can play some games well. But 30fps on Unreal 2004 is not very good. I guess it depends on the games you'd play.

I thought the human eye couldn't detect anything over 30 fps? :confused:

GnarleyMarley
Jan 31, 2007, 01:00 PM
Am I the only one that wants iWork 07'? My trial ran out on 06 and I need it for school, but don't want to get 06 and have 07 come out a few days later.

Anonymous Freak
Jan 31, 2007, 02:49 PM

Old wives tale. I can easily tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps TV shows on my HDTV. (Well, my EyeTV hybrid anyway, since my physical TV is still SD.)

If something is rock-solid 30fps, it is generally 'good enough', but most games aren't a rock solid frame rate, they vary.

Peace
Jan 31, 2007, 04:22 PM
I truly believe the reason we don't see iLife 07' is because it's being integrated into Leopard.

sunfast
Jan 31, 2007, 04:49 PM
I truly believe the reason we don't see iLife 07' is because it's being integrated into Leopard.

That would be fantastic! And save me the choice of which to buy...

But would they jack the price of Leopard?

trainguy77
Jan 31, 2007, 06:09 PM

Then why would CRTs run at anything from 60hertz to 85 ? ;)

jonutarr
Jan 31, 2007, 06:16 PM
Quote:

Yes. there will be a new app. iWhine.

that app already comes with the macbooks :rolleyes:

princealfie
Feb 1, 2007, 09:38 AM
Wow, so many impatient Apple addicts! ;)

BigPrince
Feb 1, 2007, 09:41 AM
Not just impatient, but when your USED to getting something every Janurary and then one year you don't get it, it makes you wonder.

amen man.

cbrain
Feb 1, 2007, 10:05 AM
Am I the only one that wants iWork 07'? My trial ran out on 06 and I need it for school, but don't want to get 06 and have 07 come out a few days later.

You could try Openoffice.org for Mac. It's basically very like Microsoft Office only Openoffice.org is free.

coledog
Apr 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
The latest is that Leopard and iWork will be released in June.
iWork is supposedly called iWork Leopard instead of 2007.

We shall see...

anti-microsoft
Apr 11, 2007, 08:26 AM
I don't care what it's called! I want it NOW! Even if it's called Microsoft Life and the apps are called: BoreApp1, BoreApp2, Boreapp3...

Homy
Apr 14, 2007, 05:18 AM
The latest is that Leopard and iWork will be released in June.
iWork is supposedly called iWork Leopard instead of 2007.

We shall see...
In October: Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/04/12/leoparddelay/index.php)

iW00t
Apr 14, 2007, 07:33 AM
Wow, so many impatient Apple addicts! ;)

Apple: cutting edge solutions from 2006.

im_to_hyper
Apr 14, 2007, 08:15 AM
Apple: cutting edge solutions from 2006.

That wasn't too long ago... don't forget that Windows XP was cutting edge solutions from 2001 -- and it was still doing fairly well.

mjstew33
Apr 14, 2007, 10:25 AM
Probably mentioned before:

iLife '07 will have CoreAnimation at a center of it's core [probably] and that is obviously in Leopard only. iLife '07 will be released when Leopard gets released.

Yay, more whining till Leopard. :rolleyes:

anti-microsoft
Apr 15, 2007, 04:17 AM
Oh ******* Leopard dosen't hit the shelves till October!! Damn thats bad!:mad:

Markleshark
Apr 15, 2007, 11:41 AM
Sooooo, while I don't want to whine, say we get iLife 07 in October (Yes, I know thats worst case and all that) with Leopard and then we get back to normal and get iLife 08 at MWSF in Feb, people aint gonna be happy. Can't see it, but you know...

psychofreak
Apr 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
You could try Openoffice.org for Mac. It's basically very like Microsoft Office only Openoffice.org is free.

Instead try NeoOffice (http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/index.php), as it does not require the horrible X11 :)

lamina
Apr 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
Now that Leopard is coming in October, I really think we won't have an "iLife '07", but maybe an iLife Leopard (as previously rumored). Why would they release something called iLife 07 at the beginning of Q4 2007?

That is assuming that "iLife 07" is going to be linked closely to Leopard's new core graphics engine, which I strongly believe it will be, especially with iPhoto slideshows, iMovie effects, as well as iWork.

Just my $0.02, but I don't think we'll see "iLife 07", maybe they are rebranding like the previous rumor...

mikes63737
Apr 16, 2007, 08:41 AM
I hope that if they do release iLife '07 (october?) they will give you a coupon for a free upgrade (or at least a significant discount) to iLife '08 if they plan on going back to a MWSF release.

sunfast
Apr 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
I hope that if they do release iLife '07 (october?) they will give you a coupon for a free upgrade (or at least a significant discount) to iLife '08 if they plan on going back to a MWSF release.

They may as well not bother releasing iLife '07 in that case. Just go straight to '08

Queso
Apr 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
They may as well not bother releasing iLife '07 in that case. Just go straight to '08
In which case, how about they tell us? I've been holding off on buying '06 since December because '07 is supposedly imminent. If they told us '07 definitely would not be out until the end of this year, I'd just get my credit card out and purchase '06, but I don't want to do that if '07 will be out in early May. I'm not asking for a detailed feature breakdown, just a quick comment on whether it's going to be out soon or at the same time as Leopard.

Sometimes Apple's stupid secrecy gets to me big time :(

vincebio
Apr 16, 2007, 11:10 AM
it will be Apple Leopard, not iLife 07

twoodcc
Apr 16, 2007, 11:54 AM

yeah that's what i'm thinking as well.

shikimo
Apr 17, 2007, 04:35 AM
In which case, how about they tell us? I've been holding off on buying '06 since December because '07 is supposedly imminent. If they told us '07 definitely would not be out until the end of this year, I'd just get my credit card out and purchase '06, but I don't want to do that if '07 will be out in early May. I'm not asking for a detailed feature breakdown, just a quick comment on whether it's going to be out soon or at the same time as Leopard.

Sometimes Apple's stupid secrecy gets to me big time :(

Yeah, in this case I agree. Normally I don't get too worked up about product release-date weirdness--most of the time it's part of the fun--but they put a date on this one for consecutive years and then left us hanging. It seems pretty likely that the rumors of a name change and a Leopard-timed release will prove accurate, and that'll be cool in October or whenever...but that doesn't make the uncertainty of the first quarter of this year any less annoying.

MacSA
Apr 17, 2007, 05:24 AM
Well the next version of iLife will need to be spectacular to justify the long wait.

BigPrince
Apr 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
I wish Apple would at least go on the record to say "no iLife" or "iLife with leopard" or "iLife soon."

I have some projects lined up and it would be nice to wait for some new themes for iDVD. If I had some sort of idea of when its coming out it would make me feel better about starting or holding off certian projects.

apachie2k
Apr 17, 2007, 09:24 AM
iLife is NOMORE...Leopard intigrates everything, iLife, iWork... EVERYTHING
that is just the natural progression isn't it?

i think the current iLife suites my needs well, and i can go on using this great software still till next feb. it really is reliable, useful, and still "new" technology...

quigleybc
Apr 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
iLife 07.5

:rolleyes:

trainguy77
Apr 17, 2007, 10:48 PM
iLife is NOMORE...Leopard intigrates everything, iLife, iWork... EVERYTHING
that is just the natural progression isn't it?

i think the current iLife suites my needs well, and i can go on using this great software still till next feb. it really is reliable, useful, and still "new" technology...

I really hope it is integrated. :D

jonutarr
Apr 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
sooooo..

Only leopard users will be able to use "ilife 07" ?!?!?!?

MacDonaldsd
Apr 18, 2007, 06:44 AM
If iLife doesn't come out till leopards release in October, I think it will be called iLife 08 regardless of wether they release it in October or at macworld in January.

spaz8
Apr 18, 2007, 08:42 AM
ive been waiting for iweb2.0 to convert my website over to that, so that i can update it painlessly, and more frequently.. i think there was a rumor that ilife and iwork were no longer gonna have a year association with thier names.. no idea if were gonna see these products in June or October.

Andrew D.
Apr 18, 2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, if iLife is released after Leopard is.. then they should just call i iLife '08.. good riddens.

Vinnie_vw
Apr 24, 2007, 02:05 AM
Inspired by the latest rumour on the iPhone being marketed to businesses (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/04/23/atandt-to-target-iphone-to-business-customers/), I have the theory that iLife will be released with the iPhone and will display some great integration. That way it can also continue to be called iLife '07.. barely.

papadopolis1024
Apr 24, 2007, 04:22 PM
Ya I think by the time that it comes out they might as well call it iLife 08.

justaddwater
May 15, 2007, 01:55 PM
I got a feeling that october is going to be the big release date. hopefully they will update accros the spectrum, OS, Laptops, Desktops and Software. Cant wait!!
EDU discount + Updates = New Computer!!!:)

anti-microsoft
May 16, 2007, 12:35 AM
iThink that it will be named iLife Leopard (or something similar).
The Apple Consumers response would be something like this:

iLife '02, iLife '03, iLife '04, iLife '05, iLife '06, iLife '08...Wait, whoa slow down, WHERE THE HELL IS ILIFE '07????? For God's ********** Sake, you HAVE to have iLife '07!!

And Apple would try to fix it like this:

We don't have iLife '07, we don't have iLife '08, Hmmmm...What could we call it? [...] I know!!!! iLife Leopard and for the same matter iWork Leopard!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!! Wooooo!!:D

Jonx
May 16, 2007, 02:04 AM

iLife '02, iLife '03, iLife '04, iLife '05, iLife '06, iLife '08...Wait, whoa slow down, WHERE THE HELL IS ILIFE '07????? For God's ********** Sake, you HAVE to have iLife '07!!

We don't have iLife '07, we don't have iLife '08, Hmmmm...What could we call it? [...] I know!!!! iLife Leopard and for the same matter iWork Leopard!
since they are kinda getting rid of "i's" on their products, I guess next verison of ilife will be called Leaopard Life and next iwork.. youguessed it , Leopard Work LOL :) :p

benthewraith
May 16, 2007, 08:01 AM

Well, lets see, it took Microsoft 5+ years to craft a new Microsoft Office. ;)

Microsoft Office 2003 -> Microsoft Office 2007.

So no, Apple doesn't NEED to have a iWork '07, you'd just prefer that they do. :rolleyes:

RichP
May 16, 2007, 09:49 AM
I would assume it would be released with Leopard, arent may of its features going to be leopard-technology-dependent? (Core animation, better integration with Time Machine, iChat, etc)

anti-microsoft
May 16, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well, lets see, it took Microsoft 5+ years to craft a new Microsoft Office. ;)

Microsoft Office 2003 -> Microsoft Office 2007.

So no, Apple doesn't NEED to have a iWork '07, you'd just prefer that they do. :rolleyes:

First things first: I think you'll find that if you subtract 2003 from 2007 you'll end up with the number 4. In this case four years.

Next: If Apple names it's next version of iLife, iLife '08, it would brake the routine, but you see Microsoft is not bothered about that so who cares?

dotcomlarry
May 16, 2007, 10:08 AM
Next: If Apple names it's next version of iLife, iLife '08, it would brake the routine, but you see Microsoft is not bothered about that so who cares?

I think any Apple fan would know that Apple is ANYTHING but routine.

anti-microsoft
May 17, 2007, 11:11 AM
I think any Apple fan would know that Apple is ANYTHING but routine.

Apple is very neat when it comes to order. For exaple Mac OS X: 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3... 10.4.6, 10.4.7, 10.4.8, 10.4.9, 10.5.0.

It's Applications:
iTunes, for example: Sort by: Artists, Album, Album by Artist, Song, Rating...

Let me ask you why Apple dosen't follow a routine?

matticus008
May 18, 2007, 03:25 AM
First things first: I think you'll find that if you subtract 2003 from 2007 you'll end up with the number 4. In this case four years.
The year doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the release. Windows 2000 was released in 1999; my '04 A6 was built in 2004 while my significant other's 2007 was built and delivered in 2006.
It wouldn't "brake" (break) any particular routine. There were three dated releases of iLife ('04, '05, '06). Assuming that this trend will continue is just that: an assumption. Progress happens fastest when building. Updates are slower in coming, as you would expect from a more mature product. They could switch to numbered suites (iLife 7) or just renumber the applications to match and stick with the plain "iLife" name like most software does. They could do lots of things, really.

anti-microsoft
May 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
"brake" (break)

Yeah...sorry about that!:p

zen.state
May 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
I have a question for all of you.. whats wrong with iLife 06?

iToaster
May 21, 2007, 10:27 PM
Personally, there's not much wrong with it, it's just, there's not an iLife '07, and it's '07, so we'd like to see an iLife '07 for a number of reasons, partly because it's apparently time for it. I still find iLife '06 to be functional.

trainguy77
May 21, 2007, 11:00 PM
I have a question for all of you.. whats wrong with iLife 06?

Nothings wrong with it. People just want the latest and are angry when routine is broken. :o

BigPrince
May 21, 2007, 11:15 PM
how about some fresh iDVD themes?

pengu
May 21, 2007, 11:53 PM
Nothings wrong with it. People just want the latest and are angry when routine is broken. :o

Actually iMovie 6 has a major flaw. transitions can screw up the audio unless you extract all audio to one of the audio tracks first. while there is clearly a work-around, it's a real PITA.

Also iPhoto's export slideshow feature is pitiful, as it's maximum resolution is 640x480.

anti-microsoft
May 22, 2007, 12:49 AM

See! I told you guys there was a routine!:)

anti-microsoft
May 22, 2007, 12:50 AM
iPhoto's export slideshow feature is pitiful, as it's maximum resolution is 640x480.

I agree. Sucks Bad, Really Bad!:(