PDA

View Full Version : So... Will There Be A New iPod In The Future?

HelixOmnimedia
Jan 9, 2007, 01:45 PM
Hello

As the title suggests, do you think that Apple Inc will introduce a new iPod.

I know they've just released the iPhone, which has the whole iPod side integrated into it. But is anyone else disappointed that they didn't released the iPod side separately?

I can see it being a hit with people who want to take out a new contract to use it as a mobile phone, but I don't see a lot of people buying it just for the iPod. This is why Apple Inc should release the iPod side (everything except the phone).

Who else agrees?

Scarlet Fever
Jan 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
i hate to be blunt, but asking if there will be a new iPod in the future is like asking if the sun will rise tomorrow; a new iPod will be released this year. As for the specs, only a few people at Apple know about them.

Grimace
Jan 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
probably the same form factor without the phone and internet goodies but 100GB @ $349.

HelixOmnimedia
Jan 9, 2007, 02:04 PM
probably the same form factor without the phone and internet goodies but 100GB @ $349.

Now that sound good.
Just wish it would come out.

clevin
Jan 9, 2007, 02:20 PM

lol, no way, apple just trying to open a new market, your proposal will effectively destroy their phone market.

Eraserhead
Jan 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
There is this identical thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=267471) on the subject.