PDA

View Full Version : Just Figured Out Why AppleTV has USB

swingerofbirch
Jan 9, 2007, 05:00 PM
I was thinking to myself: why does Apple TV have USB?

Then it dawned on me; so you can hook it up to a iPod or iPhone. That way anyone visiting your house who has a TV show, photo album, or music to share can plug it up to your TV.

I also wonder if both iPhone and AppleTV having Wifi means you can wirelessly view iPhone content via AppleTV????????

Queso
Jan 9, 2007, 05:02 PM
Good point, although I was wondering whether it may recognise digital cameras.

xUKHCx
Jan 9, 2007, 05:03 PM
Or add external storage, someone also said it was for firmware updates.

I think the iPhone should be able to be a remote for the AppleTV as well, this may sound silly because the appleTV will be hooked up to a massive screen but in my house it will also be hooked up to the stereo and i dont necessarily want the tv on just to listen to music.

You should even be able to control your mac ala Salling Clicker with the iPhone.

AlphaAnt
Jan 9, 2007, 05:05 PM
I figured it was the same reason the Airport Extreme has USB: this allows you to plug an external HD in and allow the device to use/share it. Given that, I would imagine the iPod will also work with the ATV.

tdhurst
Jan 9, 2007, 06:15 PM
I figured it was the same reason the Airport Extreme has USB: this allows you to plug an external HD in and allow the device to use/share it. Given that, I would imagine the iPod will also work with the ATV.

Wait...you can set up a NAS?

spacepower7
Jan 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
The specs at the apple online store say

"USB 2.0 (for service and diagnostics)"

hopefully it will do more

thejadedmonkey
Jan 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
hopefully it will do more

It better:eek: