PDA

View Full Version : I'm multi Pismo man!

mymemory
May 12, 2003, 10:02 PM
I just got my third Powerbook G3 500 for $600 here in Venezuela.

I friend of mine went to the Apple lating american distribuitor in Miami and saw a Pismo in its box just brand new and it wasn't in the computers, he got it for $500. It is just out of the box.

Now I have:
G3 500 30GB 256 ram
G3 500 10GB 256 ram
G3 400 6GB 256 ram (for my girlfriend)

I sold my dual G4 500, I'm keeping the superdrive and the 60GB drive as external divices.

Cool isn't?:D

scem0
May 12, 2003, 10:13 PM
You should get 1 or 2 of these (http://www.powerlogix.com/products2/bcg3pismo/index.html)

void
May 12, 2003, 10:21 PM
JESUS that is cheap!!!BTW, when are you moving to NYC? I know a bunch of places that are into av and what not... Do you know onadyme(sp?)? That is crucial to a NYC VJ. eMail me once you move and i'll make some introductions...
-void

iJon
May 12, 2003, 10:42 PM
you could easily sell those for 800 dollars, make a quick profit of them.

iJon

mymemory
May 12, 2003, 11:24 PM
Yeah I got pretty lucky, specially because I have now 2 very nice Pismos and the third one is a sort of Frankenstain. Las week I had one of those glow stiks in my hand in a party and when I realize the glow sitik was leaking and wet everything around me including one of the Pismos, the cover of the computer poped where the liquit was. I'm gtad it was behind the screen and not infront. So, we toof of the 500 Mhz processor and placed the 400Mhz, we insert the 9GB hard drive that came originally with the new Pismo and now I have two nice ones and the poor uglie one. But still my best friend.

Any way, I went to my friend last friday who own a Mac store and he need a powermac for a client and we start to negociate. He is making more money dealing with used equipment than selling new stuff.

I have problems with my lawyer in NY, she is taking her time to deal with my visa, as soon I sell some equipment I'm going to move to NY to fix the papers myself. Everthing takes longue than we think. Lots of people thought I was gone and they didn't call me for jobs because of that:rolleyes:

But I'm happy tonight.

scem0
May 13, 2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by iJon
you could easily sell those for 800 dollars, make a quick profit of them.

iJon

This is a very good idea. I bet you could get even more profit if you put in the Powerlogix Pismo upgrade. Macs sell for WAY more than they are worth on eBay. You should definitely sell them and get something a little more powerful :).