PDA

View Full Version : Steve's family was there, so...

iSaint
Jan 10, 2007, 06:11 AM
did you think he was going to retire? ...or take a leave? That was my first thought.

dalvin200
Jan 10, 2007, 06:14 AM
i thought the same thing

dllavaneras
Jan 10, 2007, 06:26 AM
He was probably so excited with the iPhone that he just had to have them there. Don't look into this too much :)

a456
Jan 10, 2007, 06:40 AM
The point was to thank his family and all the other families for their support in helping get the iPhone ready in the build up to the expo and over the preceding years. Steve thanked the families in his keynote directly. I guess it to the public it says 'we do magic but we have personal lives too', maybe this is the softer side of Steve coming out.

puttputt
Jan 10, 2007, 09:32 AM
The iPhone is likely to be 10 times more successful than the iPod and he wanted to share the moment (introducing his/Apple's greatest achievment so far) with family.

What would you say? "naw, mom, why don't you just stay home for this one. you can catch the live feeds on macrumors.com...."
yeah. i didn't think so.

dalvin200
Jan 10, 2007, 09:35 AM
What would you say? "naw, mom, why don't you just stay home for this one. you can catch the live feeds on macrumors.com...."
yeah. i didn't think so.

and what's wrong with that? :D

Markleshark
Jan 10, 2007, 09:38 AM
I thought that was it for him, yep. Thought that the iPhone was his last Hurrah!

Warbrain
Jan 10, 2007, 09:45 AM
This was a product that has been pretty secret - even though there have been rumors about it - for so long and it was such a monumental announcement that the families had to be there.

Mudbug
Jan 10, 2007, 09:47 AM
Steve said in the CNBC interview post-keynote:
(loosely quoted) "I serve at the pleasure of the board of directors and the stockholders, and as long as they are happy with the job I'm doing, I'd love to keep doing this job."

To me, that doesn't sound like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Squonk
Jan 10, 2007, 09:48 AM
Maybe his family has not seen him much in the 2.5 years of iPhone development. Honey, I'll see you in six months once this is released! :D

/humor