PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of a new ipod soon?

markw10
Jan 10, 2007, 12:31 PM
I have never owned an Ipod and have been holding off on months for a purchase with a possible widescreen ipod. I use a iriver Mp3 player and use it almost 95% for running. A iphone is just way too fancy and expensive to use while running. I've even questioned using a ipod and almost thought about a nano since it's hard drive based. Has anyone heard of stories of people running with ipods with hard drives and any problems with that?
I just know they will likely hold off on a new ipod to maximize sales of the iphone. Since I don't have a ipod I'm not willing to wait but maybe in a year or so we'll see this new ipod. What are other people's opinions of this?

wordmunger
Jan 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
I have never owned an Ipod and have been holding off on months for a purchase with a possible widescreen ipod. I use a iriver Mp3 player and use it almost 95% for running. A iphone is just way too fancy and expensive to use while running. I've even questioned using a ipod and almost thought about a nano since it's hard drive based. Has anyone heard of stories of people running with ipods with hard drives and any problems with that?
I just know they will likely hold off on a new ipod to maximize sales of the iphone. Since I don't have a ipod I'm not willing to wait but maybe in a year or so we'll see this new ipod. What are other people's opinions of this?

Depends on your running style and distance. many people have had no problems with HD based ipods, but others seem to have skipping problems -- usually only after 20 or 30 minutes or so. If your runs are shorter, than a regular iPod should work fine. For longer runs, most people use shuffles or Nanos.