PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors mailer

mrjamin
May 13, 2003, 06:56 AM
Anyone else suffering from this? I keep getting emails from really old threads on posts that were done weeks ago. My User Cp says i'm not subscribed to any of them; must be a bit of a backlog on the server or something. Arn?

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2003, 07:11 AM
That's very odd - you might want to PM arn to have him look at it.

D

wdlove
May 13, 2003, 11:09 AM
I don't have any problem. The E.Mail notifications that I get are all current. I appreciate them arn! ;)

Rower_CPU
May 13, 2003, 11:51 AM
I get something similar, and I've already talked to arn about it. Here's what typically happens:

-Sometime around noon, my time, I stop getting regular mailers, even though the threads have new posts. I even miss reported posts.
-Then in the evening, I'll get all the mailers I missed for the course of the day all at once.

It's not my email account (.mac), because that works just fine for everything else. Another peeve is that about a month ago the mailers became double-spaced, when they used to be single. It's minor, but they look better as single-spaced.

MrMacMan
May 13, 2003, 03:06 PM
I used to have the mass-mailer turned on but I got frustraded with

'new post at 'funny pictures thread''
I was annoyied because it was CLOSED like 2 days earlier... :confused:

MacBandit
May 13, 2003, 03:09 PM
That's interesting. I'm glad I am not having any of those problems as I would find it very frustarting also. What is the date sent on these emails you are receiving. Is there a possibility they're getting tied up in a mail server somewhere?

MacFan25
May 13, 2003, 03:33 PM
I used to get mail from MacRumors too. But, then I went to User CP, the like edit options, and then checked no to "e-mail notification by default". so now i dont get an e-mail everytime someone replys to a thread i posted in.