Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markw10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I am going to finally be purchasing my first ipod shortly and have a large collection of MP3's but as well I have a lot of video I'd like to put on it. most of this video is on DVD's. Some are homemade such as video taking from home videos but some are commercial DVD's.
Is there any software for the mac that will take this video from the dvd's and make it into a ipod video file? I used to have a PC and found software that can convert to ipod video (or other mp3 player videos) but when doing this often it was sloppy, converting it into multiple files that were hard to play. I appreciate any advice.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I am going to finally be purchasing my first ipod shortly and have a large collection of MP3's but as well I have a lot of video I'd like to put on it. most of this video is on DVD's. Some are homemade such as video taking from home videos but some are commercial DVD's.
Is there any software for the mac that will take this video from the dvd's and make it into a ipod video file? I used to have a PC and found software that can convert to ipod video (or other mp3 player videos) but when doing this often it was sloppy, converting it into multiple files that were hard to play. I appreciate any advice.

Handbrake.

Then search this site for the stuff you want to know, there are literally hundreds of threads on this subjects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.