PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever read threads in the wasteland?

garzy
May 13, 2003, 01:33 PM
Some of them are hilarious, because they are so crazy or off topic.

Sun Baked
May 13, 2003, 01:41 PM
I think I've got way too many posts that have ended up in the wasteland. :eek:

But yes, some of the posts are funny in a sad way. ;)

vniow
May 13, 2003, 01:42 PM
Hell, I've been responsible for a few of them!

garzy
May 13, 2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked

But yes, some of the posts are funny in a sad way. ;)

especially the ones from people who have had accounts deactivated or have been banned...

like that guy shrek... he was a total ass

applemacdude
May 13, 2003, 01:49 PM
i do.....

shakespeare
May 13, 2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by garzy
especially the ones from people who have had accounts deactivated or have been banned...

like that guy shrek... he was a total ass

How did he get banned? Was there an incident?

eyelikeart
May 13, 2003, 02:07 PM
well...before they get dumped in there sure...

but other than that...I don't read them...

I doubt any of us do... ;)

Giaguara
May 13, 2003, 02:19 PM
i like more the wasteland of macosx.com :) normal users can't see it.. ;) :p

patrick0brien
May 13, 2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by shakespeare
How did he get banned? Was there an incident?

-Mods

When did he get banned? I seem to remember having just ignored a snide comment from him recently.

garzy
May 13, 2003, 03:17 PM
i think he got banned for a thread he started saying god hated gays

he was so annoying
he was a pc lamer that complained he wanted to switch but that apples hardware was too slow and expensive

Sun Baked
May 13, 2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien

When did he get banned? I seem to remember having just ignored a snide comment from him recently.He's been gone awhile now...
Shrek was http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage32/5.gif in his last thread We Should Have a Religious Forum (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=23709)

and you can search out his second to last thread, which didn't help. :eek:

mymemory
May 13, 2003, 03:30 PM
I do not know how I have not being banned in almost two years, I have been a pain for lots of people.

But still... Veronica, that avatar of yours is sick! I wanted to have a cyber-something with you and you turned evil:mad:

BTW, where is the wasteland?

MacFan25
May 13, 2003, 03:36 PM
i like to read the wasteland every once in a while just to see whats in there.

wdlove
May 13, 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
well...before they get dumped in there sure...

but other than that...I don't read them...

I doubt any of us do... ;)

Actually I didn't think we could view threads in the wasteland! Once they are more than a month old they wouldn't of any current value or interest! ;)

Taft
May 13, 2003, 03:52 PM
I occasionally go back through old threads that I found interesting and notice they have been moved to the Wasteland. Then I go prowling around in there to see all of the crap that gets posted around here.

There were a few threads that never made it to the Wasteland, unfortunately. Like when 3777 went out with a bang screaming at all the lefties on the boards. At least one of those threads was completely deleted, much to my disappointment.

But there are some classics still around. Like diorio leaving (I'll let you find it). Oh the insults he dealt out on that thread! I guess it just shows how divisive this war has been for people on these boards.

Taft

springscansing
May 13, 2003, 03:59 PM
I personally am an agnostic, and I think Shrek was 100% fine with his religious thread... not that it matters.

Taft
May 13, 2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by springscansing
I personally am an agnostic, and I think Shrek was 100% fine with his religious thread... not that it matters.

Which one? The 'God hate homosexuals' thread or the 'lets make a religious forum' thread.

I think sometimes if you cause enough problems for long enough, you might get banned. I'd guess thats what happened here.

Taft

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2003, 05:17 PM
Shrek was banned a month or two ago - basically for not listening to the mods and continuing to cause us excess work cleaning up after him. And it was actually the second time he was banned, he got a second chance a blew it.

But he Wasteland does have some classic stuff ;) I've got a few posts that ended up tagging along with the threads down there.

D

rainman::|:|
May 13, 2003, 05:43 PM
1. aside from the stuff you guys saw in the forums, there were private issues between Shrek and the mods. His views on gays notwithstanding, i'm glad he's gone. At the risk of stirring things up, don't believe his "MR is religiously persecuting me" claims. :rolleyes: Not to speak for Arn but MR is open to all people who are tolerant of each other, regardless of ANY such things.

2. never read through the wasteland, might be fun sometime :) aw hell, i barely have the time to read the open forums... ah well...

kind of interesting that the closest thing we have to regular trolls (spikey and john123 kind) is that PC Clone guy, and he's just ... well, most of you have seen his enlightening posts. Haven't even seen inhale420 around anymore. Good work mods :)

pnw

arn
May 13, 2003, 05:59 PM
yeah - shrek wasn't banned because of his religious views... he was banned because he caused too many problems.

The bottom line is if you end up causing too much unncessary work for myself or the mods, you will get banned.... :)

arn

King Cobra
May 13, 2003, 06:04 PM
The wasteland is one of the first places I visit when I come to the forums.

Usually there is someone posting some duplicate threads about news about a new product. The Macrumors News thread has far to many "newbie" posts, as well as "first posts", and I don't feel like going through that again.

Plus the duplicate threads have a direct link anyways. :)

Oddly enough I forgot today.

Edit: mymemory, you can get some more of Ms. V's avatar (a bigger view) when you buy
Spoonguard! (www.rathergood.com/spoonguard)

A classmate showed me the link.

shadowfax
May 13, 2003, 06:28 PM
i go back and check out the geek thread now and then to reference stuff, but otherwise, no,i just read threads that later get put in the wasteland. apparently i have about 400 posts in the wasteland, though...

Stelliform
May 13, 2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
Edit: mymemory, you can get some more of Ms. V's avatar (a bigger view) when you buy
Spoonguard! (www.rathergood.com/spoonguard)

A classmate showed me the link.

OK, Now I see it... :) I have been really wondering what her avatar is.

Sun Baked:

creative way to slip in your pic. I have been looking for an opening to my dead horse image.

See.... :D :D

scem0
May 13, 2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Hell, I've been responsible for a few of them!

A few!??!?! :eek: :eek:

A lot I would say :D. But In my opinion you always changet them for the better.

MR is REALLY good - a bowl of Ramen noodled - and people like vniow are the spice! :D

I occasionally look at a wastelanded thread when I am directed to one by another thread, but I usually stay on the current threads.

trebblekicked
May 13, 2003, 09:22 PM
going to the wasteland after being off the boards for a few days is always fun. anyone remember the "tetrahedron" threads? those were a blast.

since i don't participate in the political threads too much anymore, i find the wasteland is an easy way to catch up on what goes on over there...

King Cobra
May 13, 2003, 09:32 PM
Hah! The tetrahedrons.

The most spectacular way to minimize the amount of computer tech. you can put inside.

That reminds me...I took the AP Chemistry test today and some of the compounds suggested drawing lewis dot structures. Some of them were tetrahedral.

Kwyjibo
May 13, 2003, 09:36 PM
Haha I took the AP chem test last year it was tough. Tomorrow off to my final AP test, Governemnt, it will be a cake walk, who doesn't love poltics... If i don't get a 5 on gov't i think i'm gonna end up paying out like $200 in bets. Must cram more....stop reading MR

janey
May 13, 2003, 09:56 PM
at least 477 posts of mine are in the wasteland :)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20569
:D i still like to read the geek thread :p

MacBandit
May 14, 2003, 01:14 AM
Huh? Wasteland? Isn't JLo the father of that?;)

trebblekicked
May 14, 2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by übergeek
at least 477 posts of mine are in the wasteland :)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20569
:D i still like to read the geek thread :p

that thread's been wasted many times in my rather short tenure. somehow i thought it would never die. any plan to bring it back?

EDIT> i just read the last page of the geek thread. that was ***** great. fifteen people posting to agree to not post. how can you beat that.

EDIT2> i was wrong. the tetrahedron threads were never junked. how could that be?
Part One (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15741&highlight=tetrahedron)
Part Two (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16144&highlight=tetrahedron)

Roger1
May 14, 2003, 05:12 AM
I read the wasteland thread. I will probably read this thread when its put there. :)

sillymacgirl
May 14, 2003, 11:29 AM
I read through the wasteland! I find most threads in there quite amusing!

And I also think that the wasteland should be required reading for all newbies as part of the rules reminder. Something like, "What not to say in the first place and what you shouldn't respond to it with". :p

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by sillymacgirl And I also think that the wasteland should be required reading for all newbies as part of the rules reminder. Something like, "What not to say in the first place and what you shouldn't respond to it with". :p [/B]

Ha, that would be a good idea - if you want to know what not to do go take a look at the Wasteland. There are some classics there :D

D

patrick0brien
May 14, 2003, 12:06 PM
-Mr. Anderson

Would it be too much to ask for your moderators to collect a select few example posts/threads that would serve the purpose for education?

It might make your jobs easier if users knew what not to do.

MacBandit
May 14, 2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-Mr. Anderson

Would it be too much to ask for your moderators to collect a select few example posts/threads that would serve the purpose for education?

It might make your jobs easier if users knew what not to do.

I could suggest a few people not to emulate but in the interest of forum relations I think I'll not mention any names.

mactastic
May 14, 2003, 10:01 PM
Wow, there's some crazy stuff in there. I mean i've watched alot of those political discussions, but I'm never surprised when those turn ugly. As they say politics ain't beanbags. But I gotta say I was pretty uncomfortable with the whole cyber gf thing. I was happy when that one bit the dust. Glad the mods keep us (somewhat) under control.

... Here one can neither stand nor lie nor sit
There is not even silence in the mountains
But dry sterile thunder without rain
There is not even solitude in the mountains
But red sullen faces sneer and snarl
From doors of mudcracked houses...
T.S. Elliot - The Wasteland