PDA

View Full Version : iphone + cingular

jdisenberg
Jan 11, 2007, 04:07 AM
I am already a cingular customer, does anyone have any speculations on how much the iphone will be without the contract? Have they released any of this info yet?

MattyMac
Jan 11, 2007, 08:10 AM
I am already a cingular customer, does anyone have any speculations on how much the iphone will be without the contract? Have they released any of this info yet?

I don't think they have released any info yet. I'm sure as it gets closer to June you will begin to hear more and more about it. I'm thinking they may have a strictly iPhone plan with Cingular to put the phone to its full capabilities. That would be ideal in my opinion.

I'd ask cingular how much it is to break a contract. There hasn't been any information released on the cost without a contract either. That is something I'm sure many people are wondering.

feelthefire
Jan 11, 2007, 10:31 AM
I don't think they have released any info yet. I'm sure as it gets closer to June you will begin to hear more and more about it. I'm thinking they may have a strictly iPhone plan with Cingular to put the phone to its full capabilities. That would be ideal in my opinion.

I'd ask cingular how much it is to break a contract. There hasn't been any information released on the cost without a contract either. That is something I'm sure many people are wondering.

Typical carrier subsidy at launch is $200, so the retail prices of these without a contract are probably $699 and $799.

But unless you already have a suitable voice and data plan, you'll have to extend your contract anyway to get the full use of the phone.

darwen
Jan 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
duplicate post. sorry.

darwen
Jan 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
Recent reports are saying the iPhone will only be available with a NEW contract.