View Full Version : Mac Mini Updates

Jan 11, 2007, 06:32 AM
Mac Mini updates soon? I want to buy one but should I hold out for Leopard and mac mini updates?

Jan 11, 2007, 07:14 AM
I'm certainly waiting. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't put C2D chips into the Mini - making all the product line C2D and also 64-bit.

I imagine they do it when the annouce Leopard - in a couple of months maybe?

Now I've confirmed the AppleTV isn't for me, My plans for a Mac Mini Media centre are taking shape...just need C2D and Leopard :)

Jan 11, 2007, 09:35 AM
I too am waiting for an updated mini, hopefully with C2D and 802.11n.

An s-video/component output would be fantastic aswell, but I don't see that happening with the release of the new Apple TV :(

Jan 11, 2007, 09:39 AM
You'll probably see updates before you see Leopard announced.

If you have no pressing need, I'd wait until they bump them, but, really, the current ones are great if you're going to use them as an A/V solution or 2nd system, and they make pretty decent main systems as well.

Jan 11, 2007, 10:51 AM
I should be moving into my first house around end of Feb time - I'd like to have a Mini around then for the Media Front end.

But I'd rather wait for Leopard and C2d....I'll use my Macbook as a front end of necessary until then. All my Rips and DVD's will be stored on a server anyway.

Jan 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
I really hope this comes soon. I really need to get this for a DVR and stuff, and using a 25 foot cable from my laptop to watch movies is a pain in the ass.

Jan 11, 2007, 03:37 PM
I just got one. The C2D isn't going to be much of an update. Maybe increase the line to 2.0 GHz (maybe...)

If you keep holding out for the latest, you'll be waiting forever.

Juts buy one, and live with it.