PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone, not just iPhone?

MrFirework
Jan 11, 2007, 10:27 AM
Have any of you noticed on Apple's website, on the iPhone section it continually refers to the iPhone as the (Apple logo)iPhone. Apple doesn't do this with the iPod or any other products (besides, of course, the Apple TV) I'm wondering if this is:

(A) In case things don't go so well with Cisco, they can easily change the name of it to (Apple logo)Phone

(B) To differentiate between Cisco iPhone and Apple iPhone in a way that's strong enough to null and void the lawsuit.

Just an interesting anomaly.

MacBoobsPro
Jan 11, 2007, 10:31 AM
I think they will start doing that to most products to help tie in Apple tv. As the AppleTV logo looks quite 'different'.

TheAnswer
Jan 11, 2007, 10:51 AM
I think your reasoning is sound...be interesting to see how many newspapers and other publications catch that though...so far in the press I've seen it's been "iPhone" through the majority of the article, maybe one "Apple's iPhone" at the beginning or end of the article.

I hope we start seeing the  (that's the apple symbol for viewers in bootcamp or on a PC) more on products.

MrFirework
Jan 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
I think your reasoning is sound...be interesting to see how many newspapers and other publications catch that though...so far in the press I've seen it's been "iPhone" through the majority of the article, maybe one "Apple's iPhone" at the beginning or end of the article.

I hope we start seeing the  (that's the apple symbol for viewers in bootcamp or on a PC) more on products.

Alas, I'm stuck on a Windows PC at work...

I'd like to see them use the "" more as well.