PDA

View Full Version : Phone-less iPhone

scotthew1
Jan 11, 2007, 03:59 PM
Ok the iPhone is great cool and awesome, but it's not what I want. Apple needs too take the iPhone, gut out the phone and plop in a nice big harddrive. Maybe a bigger screen (4 in?) and leave all the other features of the iPhone (WiFi, Bluetooth, Apps., etc.) any you've got the perfect iPod. Now thats what I want.

I do hope Apples not calling this their new iPod and neglecting their ipod line for a bit. :eek: That would be most unfortunate!

Whats the possibility of an iPod like this? and when would it be expected? Or can someone get Apple to make it for me? That'd be great :rolleyes:

kainjow
Jan 11, 2007, 04:11 PM
I think it's a good possibility. I can see a 6G, 30GB full screen iPod with multi-touch coming. A rumor like this (http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/22/apple-to-do-ebooks/) seems more doable with a full screen iPod.

Bada Bing
Jan 11, 2007, 04:41 PM
Ok the iPhone is great cool and awesome, but it's not what I want. Apple needs too take the iPhone, gut out the phone and plop in a nice big harddrive. Maybe a bigger screen (4 in?) and leave all the other features of the iPhone (WiFi, Bluetooth, Apps., etc.) any you've got the perfect iPod. Now thats what I want.

I do hope Apples not calling this their new iPod and neglecting their ipod line for a bit. :eek: That would be most unfortunate!

Whats the possibility of an iPod like this? and when would it be expected? Or can someone get Apple to make it for me? That'd be great :rolleyes:

here here! i would hope that by removing the phone the pricepoint would go down and waaaaaaaaaaay down, maybe 300? 350?

but if they dont do that, an iphone on all networks would be very nice

MBHockey
Jan 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
Of course this is what future iPods will look like...

Why not wait until they release those, instead of insisting to rip the guts out of a nice new product?

darwen
Jan 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
It would be nice if they left that wifi in there so it could keep the internet browser functionality. Hell, I would pay more than the $600 price tage for a 30 gig iPhone without the phone. I might be alone on that one though.