PDA

View Full Version : Imo?

CMillerERAU
May 13, 2003, 08:38 PM
Anyone mind explaining what IMO means? I"m new to MacRumors and have seen it a lot on the message board.

Laslo Panaflex
May 13, 2003, 08:42 PM
IMO stand for "in my opinion". I like using IMHO which stands for "In my honest opinion."

"One day my baby is going to have a star right next to mine. . . so look out. . . Laslo Panaflex!"
-Troy Mclure

Catfish_Man
May 13, 2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Laslo Panaflex
IMO stand for "in my opinion". I like using IMHO which stands for "In my honest opinion."

"One day my baby is going to have a star right next to mine. . . so look out. . . Laslo Panaflex!"
-Troy Mclure

Actually it's "in my humble opinion", but yours works too.

Kwyjibo
May 13, 2003, 08:52 PM
maybe questions like this should go in the community discussion section next time instead og hardware discussion. The best thing about comm. discussion is anything that universally appealing works there.

Freg3000
May 13, 2003, 08:56 PM
I prefer in my humble opinion too, although I have seen it as honest opinion on rare occasion. I often use JMHO-Just my humble opinion.

CMillerERAU
May 13, 2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
maybe questions like this should go in the community discussion section next time instead og hardware discussion. The best thing about comm. discussion is anything that universally appealing works there.

Sorry about that, as I mentioned I'm new here so I wasn't sure where to put it.

Kwyjibo
May 13, 2003, 09:24 PM
its cool, just a tip for your next post.

also to all newbies(not you), if you think you have a common problem or question the fastest way to an answer is a search or two. If nothing comes up then feel free to post a thread. Issues arise tho when there are 6 "should i buy now" threads, 7"whats the best virus scanner" 4"best p2p program". All of those topics have been discussed extensively.

wdlove
May 15, 2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by CMillerERAU
Sorry about that, as I mentioned I'm new here so I wasn't sure where to put it.

Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone has to learn! ;) Welcome aboad CMillerERAU, I hope that you enjoy vast information, and posting!

MacFan25
May 15, 2003, 04:07 PM
when i first came here i didn't know what people meant when they said 'imo' or 'btw'. but then i did a search on internet abreviations on google, and found this site (http://forum.englishclub.com/abbreviations.htm), which was very helpful. :)

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Catfish_Man
Actually it's "in my humble opinion", but yours works too.

i think it's whatever you intend it to mean really, no?

Rower_CPU
May 15, 2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
i think it's whatever you intend it to mean really, no?

Yeah, I thought it was just that weird music that you listen to, j-dawg. I was all like, "why does everyone keep talking about Imo?" :rolleyes:

krossfyter
May 15, 2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Yeah, I thought it was just that weird music that you listen to, j-dawg. I was all like, "why does everyone keep talking about Imo?" :rolleyes:

funny

Rower_CPU
May 15, 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
funny

That's all you've got to say, cabrón? :p

eyelikeart
May 15, 2003, 05:25 PM
That's all you've got to say, cabrón? :p

give the man a break...he's been a way for a while... ;)

Rower_CPU
May 15, 2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
give the man a break...he's been a way for a while... ;)

I know, that why I have to give him ******. ;)

MacBandit
May 15, 2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone has to learn! ;)

Huh? What do you mean by that? Some of us are perfect and have never commited a mistake on these boards.;) :rolleyes:

I guess that wouldn't be me though.:D

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2003, 07:33 PM

so what is imho? ;)

when people say that i'm like "who'd be proud of being a prostitute??? why flaunt it?"

ya know?

Rower_CPU
May 15, 2003, 08:04 PM
so what is imho? ;)

when people say that i'm like "who'd be proud of being a prostitute??? why flaunt it?"

ya know?

Exactly.

vniow
May 15, 2003, 08:11 PM

when people say that i'm like "who'd be proud of being a prostitute???

WBPoBaP?

scem0
May 15, 2003, 08:19 PM
so what is imho? ;)

ya know?

Only people from Idaho..... wait no..... Udaho.

Sorry, that joke sucked... :o ;) :D

pivo6
May 15, 2003, 09:14 PM
so what is imho? ;)

ya know?

Hey if a person can't take pride in the work, well then they should find another profession.