Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Well my verizon contract is up next month. I want the iPhone, but how much is a typical user looking at for a plan? Cingular hasn't doesn't have any iPhone plans on their site yet, and I would imagine that they would be introducing a new plan specifically for the iPhone.

Anyways, im between buying a laptop or buying an iphone mainly just for sms and internet/email but I dont know because for a rate plan $40/month that would be equal of a macbook over the 2yr contract.

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
Well my verizon contract is up next month. I want the iPhone, but how much is a typical user looking at for a plan? Cingular hasn't doesn't have any iPhone plans on their site yet, and I would imagine that they would be introducing a new plan specifically for the iPhone.

Anyways, im between buying a laptop or buying an iphone mainly just for sms and internet/email but I dont know because for a rate plan $40/month that would be equal of a macbook over the 2yr contract.

it will probably be a standard voice/data plan like blackberry connect.

Currently the cheapest voice plan they have is $40 and the unlimited data is $45 on top of that, so probably about $100/mo after taxes and service fees, before you add on things like text messaging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.