Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metalgearmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
When do you guys think that Apple will come out with a mac mini that will have decent power comparable to an imac out at the same time. I would like a mac mini but they are underpowered for me and I dont want to buy a power mac. They need a product in the between mac mini and power mac. Any agree? Thoughts

macboy62

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
Tokyo
When do you guys think that Apple will come out with a mac mini that will have decent power comparable to an imac out at the same time. I would like a mac mini but they are underpowered for me and I dont want to buy a power mac. They need a product in the between mac mini and power mac. Any agree? Thoughts

Sorry if I miss understood you but isn't that the iMac? more than a Mac Mini and less than a... well now Mac Pro. :confused:

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Sorry if I miss understood you but isn't that the iMac? more than a Mac Mini and less than a... well now Mac Pro. :confused:

It is not the iMac, the Mac Pro has no inbuilt screen, the Mac Mini has no inbuilt screen. The iMac is just another odd computer in the line that is neither here nor there.

macboy62

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
Tokyo
I remember sometime ago, someone, (sorry bad memory) asked for a "small form Mac Pro". Higher spec than a Mini, no screen and configurable like the Mac Pro. Sounds like something I would like too.

Audioi

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2006
Upstate NY
I currently have 3 different version Mac Mini. I like it for all the small reasons and must admidt with 2 gig of ram in the Intel version speed is not a issue. The new one is much quicker than my original and lets face it anything is better than a IBM type.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
i would love to get a mac mini but i curently play a mmo game for pc wich requires a really good 3d card i have a felling im gonna get a imac and then they anounce the high end model with a ati card

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
I remember sometime ago, someone, (sorry bad memory) asked for a "small form Mac Pro". Higher spec than a Mini, no screen and configurable like the Mac Pro. Sounds like something I would like too.

You mean like, every single day here for the last 3 years? (although it was orig a "small G5", now "small Pro")

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Of course, you could still use your display with the iMac. Think of all that real estate. Wouldn't that be fun? ;)

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
The Mac Mini has forgone an update to its case design since it's debut two years ago.

I'm guessing it's been next on the list for a radical diet: a slimmer, more pizza box-like form. Apple could make its dimensions a little closer to the size of a CD case, and make its height less than the two inches it is now.

Maybe slim it to 1.5"? That'd be amazing...

BTW, is the power supply included inside the unit?

-=|Mgkwho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.