Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandro

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
San Francisco
Friends, I need your help in answering a question, I'm using InDesign 2 and I have Postscript Fonts and ofcourse the system has a whole bunch of TrueType fonts in there too that needs to be there, so when I create a piece, sometimes I use the truetype version instead of the Postscript one, and I get problems when creating a PDF, here's my question! is there a way to display the KIND of typeface I'm using on the Type palette or on the pull down menu? kind of like ATM use to do in Mac OS 9? maybe a plug-in or something?
Thanks

shakespeare

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2002
Portland, Maine
I'm not sure if there's a supported way to do this, but I know that you can tell whether a font is PostScript or TrueType by the kind of antialiasing you get from it when setting text in it in InDesign. If you get antialiasing that looks really nice (like 'Smooth' in Photoshop, or like Quartz rendering), it's probably TT; if you get not-so-nice antialiasing (like 'Crisp' in Photoshop, or like QuickView rendering [IE before it was updated]), it's probably PS.

sandro

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
San Francisco
Originally posted by shakespeare
I'm not sure if there's a supported way to do this, but I know that you can tell whether a font is PostScript or TrueType by the kind of antialiasing you get from it when setting text in it in InDesign. If you get antialiasing that looks really nice (like 'Smooth' in Photoshop, or like Quartz rendering), it's probably TT; if you get not-so-nice antialiasing (like 'Crisp' in Photoshop, or like QuickView rendering [IE before it was updated]), it's probably PS.

Hmm, I'll try that next time I work on a layout, Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.