PDA

View Full Version : Mac user lost his job, needs help

artie
May 14, 2003, 01:07 AM
Lost my job of 21 yrs. Need help.

http://www.artieevans.com/

to learn more and donate. I hate to even ask, but have no choice. im looking for work, but im getting desperate.

help a fellow mac user out. Someday I may return the favor.

thank you.

Alte22a
May 14, 2003, 01:14 AM
what was your previous job? How come you lost it?

artie
May 14, 2003, 01:28 AM
does it matter?

it was construction. why really dont matter. too long to explain and complicated. :(

thanks for asking....

shakespeare
May 14, 2003, 01:38 AM
How odd - electronic panhandling! This is something new to me indeed.

I'm sorry, but I can't give to you. I don't give to the guys on the street and I can't to you - it just doesn't feel right, what with not knowing who you are and all. I am heartily sorry for you, however, and I wish you the best of luck. Perhaps government unemployment checks can hold you over for a little while?

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by artie
does it matter?

it was construction. why really dont matter. too long to explain and complicated. :(

thanks for asking....

ah, but yet you ask for money? It sounds more like a scam than an actual charity....with no explanation, no 'person' to identify with it makes it hard to believe.

TimDaddy
May 14, 2003, 11:54 AM
If you don't mind asking for money, then you shouldn't mind any questions we want to ask you. If you got fired for something that was your own fault, why would we want to reward that?

mymemory
May 14, 2003, 11:58 AM
Lost my job of 21 yrs. Need help.

http://www.artieevans.com/

to learn more and donate. I hate to even ask, but have no choice. im looking for work, but im getting desperate.

help a fellow mac user out. Someday I may return the favor.

thank you.

Well... move your - ass then !!!!!!!

I lost my job more than a year ago, my father has cancer, no insurance, he lost his job too and we are making it without so much complain and without asking money to people.

-------

maradong
May 14, 2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by mymemory
Well... move your - ass then !!!!!!!

I lost my job more than a year ago, my father has cancer, no insurance, he lost his job too and we are making it without so much complain and without asking money to people.

-------

:(

macktheknife
May 14, 2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
ah, but yet you ask for money? It sounds more like a scam than an actual charity....with no explanation, no 'person' to identify with it makes it hard to believe.

I'll have to agree. If you are asking for money, you should explain your circumstances and why you are deserving of our pity and hard-earned dollars. Being a fellow Mac user is not enough. In any event, your site has a flag, a counter, a "Made with a Mac" logo, and a link to PayPal: Why should anyone fork over their money without any explanation? :confused:

noel4r
May 14, 2003, 01:03 PM
get a job then, any job is better than none...

Foucault
May 14, 2003, 01:23 PM
I'll give you a job. You can clean my car, and I'll give you $5...

Stelliform
May 14, 2003, 01:34 PM
Definitely a scam. Why else wouldn't he give out information? I think this is just riding on the coattails of the first internet panhandlers.

markjones05
May 14, 2003, 01:34 PM
Without any explanation it really sounds like a scam. Not a very good one at that, you didn't even make up a story or anything. Weak dude.

Stelliform
May 14, 2003, 01:43 PM
Well he has been a been a member since december and he does have a positive 30 zero negative feedback (http://half.ebay.com/account/functions/view_seller.cfm?member_name=artie_e) on ebay.

It may be legit, but Artie you have to give us the story here.

(I have had a horrid financial experiance in the last 30 days, and you don't find me begging on-line. Course I need 9.5k to clear up the last 30 days... I doubt I will find that many generous people. :))

eyelikeart
May 14, 2003, 02:25 PM
maybe he did lose a job...we don't know any facts...macrumors "newbie"

but I'm calling ********* on this...anyone willing to just give money to someone on the net needs a reality check... :rolleyes:

Les Kern
May 14, 2003, 02:37 PM
Years ago when I lost my job just after marrying. So what did I do? Flipped pizza's for cash, did odd-jobs, did computer repair on the side. Anything I could... except use others love of a freakin computer to beg for money. Take the time you're wasting setting up a paypal account, get off your ass, and do something. I'd be glad to help if you actually needed it. You should be ashamed of yourself, but I'd bet you're not.

artie
May 14, 2003, 03:20 PM
Im looking for work. no luck yet. and im not picky what I would take. I would clean toilets. dont matter to me.

Ok, I could give you my name, my life story, my ss#, my drivers lic number, etc...

you STILL dont know me.

nevermind. forget I asked. it was a desperate attempt on my part.

hey, thats what unemployment is for, since ive paid into for 21 yrs.

ADMIN, DO ME A BIG FAVOR. DELETE THIS THREAD.

THANKS.

wdlove
May 14, 2003, 03:39 PM
Im looking for work. no luck yet. and im not picky what I would take. I would clean toilets. dont matter to me.

Ok, I could give you my name, my life story, my ss#, my drivers lic number, etc...

you STILL dont know me.

nevermind. forget I asked. it was a desperate attempt on my part.

hey, thats what unemployment is for, since ive paid into for 21 yrs.

ADMIN, DO ME A BIG FAVOR. DELETE THIS THREAD.

THANKS.

Are you still receiving unemployment? Have you tried praying? You should try visiting your pastor or a counselor!