PDA

View Full Version : Best Mac - Mobile Compatibility.

Swinny
May 14, 2003, 06:58 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask what phones people use in conjunction with their macs and what kinda of experience you've all had.

I have an iMac (1Ghz) and iBook and would be happy to get a bluetooth dongle to connect to any bluetooth enabled phone tc...but beyond that, are there phones out there that work with usb cables etc that people have found work well with OS X and what kind of features are available beyond simple iSynching. (For example, how easy is it to get pictures out of a photo-phone and onto a Mac? is it even possible?)

Ideal would be something that allowed me to synch with my Macs, maybe even offer mobile net access on the iBook.

Cheers for any thoughts.

Jaykay
May 14, 2003, 07:43 AM
ok. I use a nokia 7650 with mac os x and it works great. Bluetooth offers much more options than usb seeing tha apple dont really have their own software for managing phones over usb while the bluetooth preference panel gives you plenty of options.

Its easy to send files both ways, to and from the phone. I send pictures to the mac all the time via bluetooth. Its fast and works great. Any other files such as audio files or movie files i can send to the mac as well. Standard jpegs that work on the computer very well. To transfer files to the phone i use the bluetooth file exchange utility with os x. sends any type of file to the phone including apps. anything, its just the phone wont read it if it doesnt understand it.

I also use the phone as modem via blutooth with thhe tibook. It doesnt sync with isync but hopefully it will with the next update to isync.

The only other phones i know that work well are the sony ericsson T36i(?) and the nokia 3650 (newer version of mine).