Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

talmania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
Not sure if this should go here or in the accessories...please move if I chose poorly. :D

I've just purchased my first Mac--a 1.8 Mini that I plan on exclusively using in my home theater setup and connecting to my LCD.

I'm looking for a great keyboard/mouse combo to use with the mini. Something with bluetooth preferrably. Strongly prefer to have something that's all-in-one and not a separate keyboard/mouse. Are there any input devices out there that have a built in mouse that work with Apple's products?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

Jowl

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2006
UK
This my be a pointless reply but I've decided to go for seperate keyboard and mouse.

I have a Apple Bluetooth keyboard and this logitech bluetooth mouse. Both have an on/off switch to help with battery power. I intend to use remote controll fro most things.....keyboard/mouse is just in case I need internet/VLC/non-front row stuff

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Hi,

I have my mac mini set up as a home cinema and I use the Apple Remote with a piece of software called Remote Buddy.

It is fantastic! If I want to use anything more detailed I connect to my mac using Chicken Of The VNC. It all works really well. takes a bit of setting up but once you have done it, it works great.

Jowl

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2006
UK
I use VNC and chicken of the VNC at the moment for various computers and will do so for my Media Centre.

I'll have to investigate Remote Buddy.

I'm waiting for the Mac Mini C2D upgrade before I buy too

UrsaMajor

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
I'm curious too. Is there a wireless keyboard with a trackpad? It would be easier to use than a mouse.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Search for Adesso. Probably "adesso wireless trackpad" should get what you want. Warning: it is a laptop keyboard, not full-size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.