Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
The first time i tried to play the keynote i got a decent window size but couldn't finish watching it due to traffic. Just went back to replay it and the windows size is very small kinda iPod size.

You would think a Keynote debuting the iPhone would come in say 720p or something. ugh!

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I wonder how much bandwidth and server load a 720p stream would involve. Probably much more than Apple feels like paying for. Streaming in the kind of numbers Apple does takes crap tons of money, because it scales with the numbers of users.

And does anyone remember the name of their hosting company? I know it begins with an a...

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Huh, the keynote was 640x352 for me, not exactly tiny. I watched it 2x size and it was fine looking. I think it would be different depending on what your internet connection speed is like since QuickTime detects that.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I think it would be different depending on what your internet connection speed is like since QuickTime detects that.
Actually not so. I've gotten it large and tiny before on the same line. I think it depends on how many people are streaming. The more the smaller the size you get.

It is about time they put it on iTunes though. I've wanted to downloaded their stream every year.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
The first time i tried to play the keynote i got a decent window size but couldn't finish watching it due to traffic. Just went back to replay it and the windows size is very small kinda iPod size.

Same here, when I went to watch it later that day. At first, it was the normal, relatively high-res, but unwatchable.

Went back a few minutes later, and it was low-res but silky smooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.